Register now to get rid of these ads!

have i been living in a cave?? have you seen this guys work??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Feb 23, 2007.

1. This Is AMAZING work!! I just got to know, how do you make a living? I can't imagine that you can get paid for ALL the hours that it takes to do what you do. It would be worth every cent you get for your work but it would be a huge bill. I hope that one day my skills will reach the bar that you've set. I love your work, just BEAUTIFUL.

2. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I'm amazed somebody would put that much effort into a 4 door Buick, but damn, it's nice!

3. Petey

Petey

Truely inspiring.

Very nice work.

4. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

This is for he post that JaysinSpaceman sent, up couple up.. I like this one....... I have a conscience... in what I do and dealing with customers and jobs,, There's soo much I could go into detail on this.. best example,, the header job,, 36 Ford drive shaft.. I ate 140 hrs on that job.. I subbed the rear exhaust out to a exhaust shop for the tail pipes, up over the rear end out the back,, I spoke highly of the shop to the customer,, guy still gas welds all his exhaust work,, when me and the customer went to pic up the roadster,, and when went down in the pit and looked up at the exhaust,, I got SiCk to my stomach.. the bends the welding,, I thought what happen,, when we got the car back to the shop.. I felt sooo bad for what the exhaust shop charged the customer,, I told him,, go buy me all the "U" bends... I'll cut it all off, re machine all the flanges, and I'll eat the labor. Why .. its my name.. The polished weld job,, customer didnt ask for it,, I took it upon my self to do it,, I thought it would look SiCk,, i didnt even want to give them back.. 2nd I'm one guy her,, no one else,, phones, e-mails,, shipping chit ... sooo on..I deal with it all.. Every job is treated the same every product,, whether its a $500 job,, or a $50,000.00 job its all treated the same..Whether yer a BAller$, or a guy who just wants to build a car with a budget,,, I look at you all the same,, were all people in life.. no ones better than each other,, were all equals in life It's not the money..nor the fame, I just want to survive in life,, pay my bills,, if I can buy a house , or raise a family doing what I love then it was all worth it for me in life,

5. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

The car was his high school car.. Customer wrote all the software for the computer.. that 110 outlet is for his blender at the shows,, supposedly he can e-mail music to his car..

6. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Look for a how to Tech Artical in OLL SKOOL RODS , for this header build, 36 Ford drive shaft headers.. all the pics were sent last week..

7. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

WORK ETHIC AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL......... i am inspired!

8. 7&7

7&7
    from Colorado

I knew I should have bought that 6x2 casting mold off the bay when Steve was sellin it fuck now he is going to be famous thanks to the HAMB. Story of my fuckin life.

9. Cshabang

Cshabang

thats why this guy is my hero...passion guys...true love for what he does

10. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Awesome!!!thanks for the link!!!

11. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

You ask about the radiator support on the Buick,, Noo I don't have a bead roller with flanging dies.. or dies to roll out a 90 degree on radius ed material .. I built that car with a welder,, and a plasma,, hell didn't even have a sheer at the time.. The flange at the top of the radiator and inner flange around the fan opening were all done with ...yer gonna laugh at me.. a pair of Vice Grips with the texture polished off the ends,, it takes about 2/3 pass's to bend a full 90 degree.. then when done.. you go back through, and hand file the edge, alote of my work is done with files, WD/40 or oil and importantly light.. lots of lighting ...casting light on edge's or flat areas,, to create a shadow, lows and highs,, yeah feeling it out as well.. If you think about it.. every thing has a line.. every angle you look at something... picture you being a 5 axis mill when you eye level something.. hold a piece of tubing up,, roll it in yer hand,, and look, there's all ways gonna be a straight line,, or curved line at the edge of the tubing,, if you can visually see a 360 degree or rotate it 360 you'll get what i'm saying.. theres always a line.. Better yet,, this will help.... back in the day thought the world was flat,,, think about it..

12. 65 impala

65 impala

wow patients and time nice work show us more terry from the great white north:rolleyes:

13. eye bone

eye bone

Hey Steve, congratulations you've earned every complement!
    Stay Cool!

14. tommy v

tommy v

hey steve whats up dude tom

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What about all those finger people you have around the shop??? You really should put them to work instead of letting them loaf around.;) :D

16. Chevychopper

Chevychopper
    from Smyrna, DE

for those of you who can't access myspace because of some 'policy' against it, there is a work around. Do a google search on 'sellers equipped'. The first link should be to his myspace account. Click on the word 'cached' and it 'should' bypass all the security stuff your boss has . It worked for me! Just burned half my lunch hour looking at his amazing stuff!

17. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Steve, there are a lot of guys out there who won't get this and maybe you're one of them and if you are trust me this is a huge compliment... you're like the Les Paul of the metal fabbing world. Innovative, way ahead of your time yet down to earth and humble enough to talk to the common man and a sense of humor too! What more could we want? What we’ve seen on your myspace page is amazing. Don’t be shy and post some more here for us to see.

Any chance you could give us a sneak preview on how those header caps attach on the inside? Those headers are beautiful!

Vance

18. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Bro I came up wit da chit while i was designing them,, i was wasted ,, too much CaPn CoKe!.. I think.. I'll post pics,, What has all ways bugged me when you see a set of caps on headers never see one that didn't leak.... This didn't leak a sooT!.. I'll post some pics.. very simply yet when you looked into the end,, all you see is a Steel ring.. The copper washer and wing nut is what seals the stud, Copper bung is pressed into the cap about a 1/2 inch , the flat surface on the wing nut seals to the copper.. There is a stainless ring welded,, well fused on the inside of the header,, it's has a stepped edge,. around the I.D ..Ring is stepped inside about a half inch,, Soo it goes ring welded inside,, then a gasket with a steel ring around the I.D of the gasket when tighting the wing nut the Stainless header cap KrUsHes the gasket,, soo step around ring metal ring around gasket,, then cap it all gets krused by the cap,,

Soo know those little tabs in the pics or the drawing where yo see the caps these are welded on the end of the stud soo it looks kinda like a T at the end.. you jus stick it in side ways, hook the back side of the ring,, slip gasket, cap tighten wing nut Done!!! Now trip what happens to Stainless ,, expands fer even a greater seal..

F!@#!@ I hope you guys understand what i'm tring too say.. I get some pics soon ..

Thank you all again.. I never in my life thought i could effect someone with what I do.. This chit is gonna get good ,, All you guys have too do is JUST ASK!!!.. I have had alote of good friends pass away in my life guys I looked up to .. Like Rod Furtado. He built the Frenzel motor in the moon gem roadster., guy tought me my machining skills ,, he filled my fathers shoes in life for me.. To Dick Powell, Johnny Vasko,, I feel all these guys are living in me,, and guiding me in life and helping me along every step.. from machinist, welders,, metal shapers,, They all have given me something to share with you guys,, The way I see,, I cant take it with me.. Soo why not share it with you,, Any one of you out there who truly know me. you know what the F!@#!@ing time is!.. Wheres the CapN Coke..! And P.S there is a special someone reading this,, and I want you to know ,, I love you soo much!...Binks!..

19. jlouie

jlouie

WOW!!! I just wasted some paid time to see this stuff. Nice work, very nice.....

20. rayjon

rayjon
    from Reno Nv..

Unreal work......... so if I need something done I should show up with some rum and a case of coke.....

21. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Hey Steve what you think of that, Dont forget that ice! ha ha

22. The work is first class, no doubt, but his attitude toward the customer and the car is far more impressive to me.

23. That is some insane craftsmanship,hope to have half his talent one day.

24. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

Absolutely phenominal work Steve, love the windshield too, when you gonna make'em for '30-'31's? I'd be your first sale! Glad to see you getting recognition for your talent, you deserve it!
    Max...

25. I heard Germ and the harvester of bondo taught him everything he knows

26. Mojo

Mojo

hard work and determination win every time! outstanding quality in the metal, and to your customers.

27. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Funny you should ask,, I just had a press release come out in Street Rodder, April issue, Ive had alote of phone calls, I've beeen telling guys send me yer cowl,, I'll fab the window to fit,, Give you the window for free,, the way I see it your allowing me to modifie my window, to change my pattern, Me I don't have the capital to purchase one from Brookville, The editor of Street Rodder Called this morning Brian,, guy RuLed ,, he asked me the same thing,, Told him no,, Guess he's building a 30/31 Roadster truck, he made a call to Kenny at Brookville called me back 10 minutes later, said it's on its way.. Soo look fer it soon,The Hallock window I do I sell it 3 different ways,, $495, $795, and $1595. why ,, so you all can afford it,, think about the kid getting out of high school that all ways wanted to build a HOTROD, but working a minume wage job,, I try to make it on all the products so you can afford them.. Or offer them so complete wit hhardware,, the allen wrench to tighten the studs along wit ha little tub of lock tight for the studs,, a template, left long across the top you cut out your desired shap, template has all the math done, for the glass rubber ,, cut out the top desingn hand over to yer glass guy, and again POO MUTHA F!#!@#ING DIZOW!!.. I would sit and think LOKAR ,, influenced me on how to serve the public.... Think about the guy back east living in the middle of nowhere.. hardware strore a HR away,, guy waits to get his part in the mail,, wants to put it right when he gets it,, but he needs hardware to install it. I feel if I can make my product a 200% ready bolt on done dont need to goo anywhere,, then I feel I accomplished a connection with a customer,, how many times have you bought something from a company and daaa chit didn't fit,, or came with the wrong hardware.. I deal wit hit daily.. I think do these MUTHA F!#!@ERS even fit dis chit before they market it,, ~S,

28. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

just keep on keepin on thanxs for the insparation bro

29. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Steve has been a 'RULER' for years and this recognition is sooo looooong over due!

Awesome stuff as usual holmes....Your work is beyond words and you shoebox is/has been my all time favorite car. I had to buy 3 copies of that fold out so one could hang in the house, the garage and at work!...lol

30. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

probably the coolest myspace ever. myspace is worth it cuz of that guy.