Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do they let this happen?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol fueler, Feb 25, 2007.

1. ol fueler

ol fueler

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

3. thrasher

thrasher

they don't pull the ad because they have no way of proving he doesn't have the car

4. I love the $200,000 Starting bid!

5. Jimv

Jimv

fill me in, why do you pick it up as a scam? Just seems kinda a brief discription for almost a 1/4 mil!!lol
    JimV

6. And they wonder why they cant moved their inventory fast enough,back to the yuppies that put their 401k into a car and make it harder for us to get good deals.

7. 61bone

61bone

Let's see. 80 year old first time seller who was told by knowit all neighbor that that old car in his barn is worth a couple hundred thousand dollars. And he said "IT IS, I could sure use that to pay my doctor bills". And here we are.:)

8. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

There's a lot of that going on over there....High end cars being sold by people with no feedback....A buddy of mine complained about one guy in particular last week and they pulled the ad....Definitely a scam....Probably those fuckin' Nigerians again

9. Well, ebay made you take apicture of yourself with your pre order reciept in hand to auction off PS-3's.
    He could have at least put in a pic of the actual car.
    You want $200K?.....buy a $100 digicam.

10. wvenfield

wvenfield

Aren't cars with "Orinigal" miles worth more?

11. tchurch

tchurch

Eeeek - Bay stands to make a lot of money if this is real. Even if it BOGUS, some asshole will make a bid.
    I have been known to be an asshole, but I ain't bidding on anything on Eeeek - Bay.

12. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

All Ebay sees is the listing fee and lets it go.

13. Scrap Heap

Scrap Heap

Watch out Barret-Jackson!!!! Ha ha!

14. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

The orinigal/oringal hub caps make it worth at least $200k ;-)

15. Yeah it very well :rolleyes: could :D be a scam-Ha!
    I suppose tho ,it could be worth that..... if a Hemi Cuda that had been burnt and "re bodied" from a small "GARAGE FIRE" CAN BE WORTH 450 k:D

16. noboD

noboD

Think maybe it's supposed to be $2,000? Or if he's optomistic $20,000?

17. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

I'm suprised we even got a picture.

18. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

You can report it and then ebay will check it out. I reported 5 scams on cars last week and everyone was a scam because of the redicolus low price. Like the other guys said this one might be real and just way out of line!
    Dave
    oh ya if it is a scam some times ebay will let you know especially if you use the ask seller a question then report it. They will find it as a scam and email you to tell you if you questioned the seller watch for bull shit mail..

19. 19Fordy

19Fordy

The photo looks like a cropped image of an old magazine or showroom add. Bet it's a scam.

20. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

For $200 K , I could butcher up something that could be disguised as a "valuable / collector" car using a generic photo.
    Stupidity should be painfull

21. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I'm sure the photo is original photo of it when it was new.Why would ya put a black and white pic. up on a car for 200k. Guy has 0 feedback but I'm sure some asshole somewhere will bid and maybe lose his ass and have to try and ebay to go after him.

22. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Maybe somebody's been watching too much Barrett-Jackson ;)

23. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

I know there are lot of things on eBay and the task of vetting them all must be just about impossible, but this is clearly a scam. Check out his pic:D It couldn't be that hard to set up something extra for low feedback sellers with big starting bids, or mebbe just Nigerians.

Attached Files:

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

where's the scam? there is no scam. scammers set it up with a buy it now, they make it so when you click on the page you are directed to thier email no matter what.

this is just someone who is bored making a fake ID and listing something stupid.

ebay motors is overrun with $5,000.00 Hemi Cuda's. this listing is the least of thier troubles.

25. well team.... for that price we could chop the bastard, section it and stuff a big motor in the engine bay...what's the problem ...a 300b for $200...got to be a bargain...Oh do I have the price wrong??

26. Its odd that he has no feedback but yet has been a member of ebay since 2003.