Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dual Weber 44 Idf,will It Work On 429?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BERARDO MUCCI, Nov 26, 2006.

1. metalshapes

metalshapes

2. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I tossed the SU's on my Rolls Royce and put a single Weber on.... Ran great
    got better mileage that the stock set-up and didn't screw up all the time like the SUs

I also had a TransAm bull pit racer with a really big Pontiac motor. Used the stock intake and Weber with a homemade plate. Ran good enough to get it outlaw'd mid-season GOD I miss the dirt:)

These were Lambo carbs I forget the model but the flow'd lottsa air in a small exterior size

3. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

awesome site,these guys have linkages for everything!i guess the one you used was the inter-coupling levers(2 pieces)?now i see how that works!(if those are the parts)

4. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

i was just looking at these carbs and man there is a lot of adjustment screws,jets,etc.,any schematics as to what everthing is?

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

Here are some I modified for my quad DCNF setup.

The metal tab works against the adjusting screw, and the spring on the backside of the tab keeps it all tight and free of play.

6. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

there is obviously some talent there to build and figure out that setup.nice!!!!!!!!hopefully i can pm you if i need any advice(which im sure i will).look like you got things under control!

7. metalshapes

metalshapes

This is a book that I got a lot of info out of.

Weber Carburettors Owners Workshop Manual
    ISBN 1 85010 061 6
    ISBN 1 85010 020 9 (US)

Haynes Publishing Group.

8. metalshapes

metalshapes

Sure, no problem...

But if you build this thing, I hope you'll post about it on the HAMB, so we can all see it come together...:D

9. Bugman

Bugman

I didn't know that inline intake had a common plenum. Doesnt really show from outside. I like this thread, keep it up :)

10. tmf

tmf

Heres a piccy of my dual side draft weber setup on a 400 sbc. They are 48mm DCOE and work really good, are very responsive and look way different. The manifold was actually designed for circuit racing over here in the early 70's apparently they are quite rare.

Attached Files:

11. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

my supplier spoke to his weber rep and he thinks this thing wont fly.he said i have to run four carbs on a common plenum.what do you guys think?apperently these carbs flow 250cfm per barrell(500 cfm total per carb)

12. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

what size jet,etc. are you running on you 400?

13. metalshapes

metalshapes

If one barrel flows 250cfm then 4 carbs would give you 2000cfm.
    seems a little much for your engine.

I'm not sure these guys understand what you are trying to do...

And personally, I think cfm numbers are just confusing the issue when talking about Webers ( and Dellorto's ).
    These carbs are designed to work on individual runners, where using cfm numbers to compare them to say a Holley, would not make a lot of sense.
    Maybe it would when using a Weber ( or a set of 2 ) on a common plenum.
    But even then, I'd rather measure the ( cast in ) venturi's of a Holley with a known cfm number to compare the ( replaceble ) venturi's on Webers/Dellorto's.

14. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

is there any set jet,veturi,etc. i should use or start with?i am going to take mine apart to see what the carb has out of the box.i guess once i run it on a stand and check the plugs might give me some idea,right?also since these carbs are going to be run inline(really there would be no tolerances between the two throttle shaft once theyre coupled)do they need to be syncronized?i know when i had duals (empi/kadrons)on my beetle the things would not stay in sync. for long.

15. Bugman

Bugman

They should be synced like any other multi carb setup should be. With a common plenum, it's not nearly as important as individual runners, but i'll run best synced up.

16. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

now that i got a much better understanding of this setup,common plenum with a little high rise for giggles it is!!!!!!!!!ill post pics of this frankenstein as im building it.hopefully i can start within the next couple of weeks.i have a friend with a high rise he is going to lend me just to take a few measurements.thanks to everyone for the advice,especially metalshapes.(this sounds like i won a frekin grammy speach,oh well)if anyone has any thing else that might help me just pm me.

17. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

Here Is Some Pics Of The Intake Im Building For My 429 Caddy.not Quite Done Yet But It Gives Me An Idea As To What It Will Look Like.any Suggestions So Far?ill Post More Pics When Its Done.

Attached Files: