Register now to get rid of these ads!

Damn Kids anyway!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NONAME, Feb 14, 2007.

1. As a Father I've tried to do the best I could. My Son is 40 and just finishing his first rod A 31 A. He bought it with a 327 small block and I was able to stop him from downgrading to a 350 :( that he has built with all the latest tricks. and useing a 330 DeSoto Hemi.:)
    Now he wants to build a custom. I gave him my 1948 Buick Roadmaster Sedanette (that I've owned and stored since he was 8 years old) He wants to build it close to my vision :) except that damn 350 again. :( well he called me yesterday and said he's selling the 350. :D I said COOL! then he sucked me in by telling me that really likes the sound of a straight 8 and again I said COOL! :D then he dropped the bomb. He started out talking about sound, then said it reminded him everytime he drove his 2006 turbo diesel dodge cummins. he's thinking 600 hp and 25 miles to the gallon:rolleyes:
    What's a father to do? even if I shoot him I can't eat him!:p

Attached Files:

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Yep, hot the rod and spoil the child...

3. Ok you shoot him I'll eat him. :eek: :D

Tell you the truth, I've never considered a cummins turbo for a custom, wouldn't that make it kind of like the mercedes of the custom world?

I guess it could be worse, he could be thinking building a modified with a nisan mill. At least he's building american. ;)

4. I'll call my friend Guido. Normally he charges $5K to shoot someone, but I'm sure he'll shoot him for nuthing over this. Maybe we could just get a bunch of HAMB'rs to beat the hell outta him. That might do it,,,ya think?

5. Ford owns Cummins and Dodge has the rights to use it, Mercedes own Dodge. My son is some what of a tight wad (comes from his mothers side) and MPG is high on his list.
    My fear is those 6 inch exhausts that they run on the trucks. it could end up looking like one of these

Attached Files:

6. I just got one thing to say to that.

FLAME THROWERS :eek:

7. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Hey noname, when you get ready to kick that hemi to the curb, give me a call. They're nothing but trouble and it's best to give them to th e Aman. ;) ;) :D I don't think all hope is lost, your son at least picked the best diesel ever made. That Cummins is the shit!:eek:

8. I sold him that rebuilt 330 for a hundered bucks. just sold a 276 DeSoto for another hundered bucks. Hell I'll be rich before I run out of those old boat anchors.....Jim

9. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Your killing me man, killing me man.:(

10. Terraizer

Terraizer

Ford Doesn't own Cummins, they owned a lot of shares a while back and Cummins bought them back. I like your sons idea about the Cummins, find a 12 valve, the VE pumped 6BTs (1989-1993 Dodges) are easy to use in conversions, but a P7100 pumped ones (1994-mid 98 Dodges) would be cool also. I'am using a 4BT VE pumpe Cummins 4 cylinder in my truck build.

11. kermit

kermit
    from WI

There was a nice couple at BTT50's last summer that had a Cummins powered '53 Ford PU rod. It was way cool, turbo, intercooler, fry the hides at real lowrpm. Tons of torque.

They also had a '41 Ford shorty bus made into a camper, also way cool.

I have seen one Model A with a 4 banger diesel but I do not remember the manufacturer. It was rough but tempting.

Kermit

12. Tore

Tore

I`v got a Russian four banger in my 61 Buick, no kidding !
    (the 215 is in progress tho...)