Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Isky Catalog

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by docwilcar, Feb 12, 2007.

1. docwilcar

docwilcar
    from minnesota

Does anyone have an old Isky catalog that dates back to the mid 60's?? Trying to do a little research on what cams were available for the Pontiac V-8 back then. Some of these old cam and speed parts companies would sell a lot of "vintage" repro catalogs I would think?? Thanks. Greg Williams

2. Greg, this is what info i have....Hydraulic Series Grind # 280 HYD
    310 "
    320 "
    Flat Tappet RPM 300
    CC-606
    CC-707
    Roller Tappet 505-T
    505-C
    550 Super Le Gerra
    There is also a Hardface Overlay series, that are the same as there roller grinds, but are not made for low speed, or street use.

3. chitbox dodge

chitbox dodge
    from dunlap tn

how can you tell the hardface overlay ones apart? also what kind of cam specs did they offer for 241 dodge hemis? this would be a big help. thanks in advance.

4. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I've got several Iskenderian catalogs. Is there anything specific you want to know?

5. Sorry, but the catalog that i have only list chrysler hemi cams, nothing for the dodge hemi.

The hardface overlay cam looks like a roller, and most were ground on a steel billet, they also use a special hardenable Iron lifter.

6. docwilcar

docwilcar
    from minnesota

Thanks to all for their input. I am trying to see if I can find the Isky cam # and specs for a cam that I used in a 67 GTO in that same year. It was a street hydraulic with 280 or 290 advertised duration. Wanted to compare it to the Pontiac factory cams of the same era. Also there was an Isky E2 cam I believe that was a solid lifter cam available through the Pontiac dealership, late 50's early 60's. Kind of fun to see how things have changed (or not) on the camshafts over the years. Thanks. Greg

7. Greg, here are the spec's for the Isky pontiac 280 grind. Part #901-cy, grind 280HYD, type road & drag, Intake 32-68 Exhaust 68-32, Lift .440, duration 280....Ed

8. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

The E-2 specs in my '67 Iskenderian catalog spec out at .440 lift, 360 degrees of advertised duration, opening and closing of 20-60 on intake and 60-20 on exhaust, with .020 valve lash hot.