Register now to get rid of these ads!

Talk about motivation, after about 5 years she is finally running again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53choptop, Feb 12, 2007.

1. 53choptop

53choptop

Rewired the Olds, new carb, wires, cap, coil, new wheel cylinders and lines, and of course after all that extensive bodywork, she is running again. Last time I tried to run it (a few months ago), didn't get too far, down the driveway and poof it died on me, way too many things were wrong with the car. Its been too long for sure….still has some kinks in it but it sure does get the heart pumping when you know the end is closer....next is the altitude adjustment, then paint and upholstery.

Cant seem to embed the video so here is the link

53 Olds

2. thats a cool car man. its always a good feeling to get something back on the road. but 'cmon you were driving it a little slow.....we all know that a few burnouts will get your blood flowing a LOT quicker.

3. 53choptop

53choptop

Trust me I was tempted, but as you get older you get wiser :D that would have ruined my day cause with my luck something would have gone wrong

4. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

Great looking 88. The first custom I ever saw was in 1958. It was a 52 88 with pushbutton doors and a pale pink paint job and bubble skirts. Keep us posted when you drop it. It sounded pretty healthy. What kind of engine does it have?

5. 53choptop

53choptop

Its a 350 Olds engine, finding speed parts (cam, lifters, etc) for Olds engines is not as outright as SBC parts. And yes the engine is healthy, it has no problem pushing the big olds around.

6. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

Nothing better than that feeling. Looks good so far. Keep up the good work now that you are at the point where it is tempting to half ass stuff just to get some seat time.

7. that's a great looking car..

it has a sinister look to it.

tok