Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any of you clowns actually BUILDING something???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hatch, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Tommy C

Tommy C

Didn't get anything done on the Chevy but I did put new Calipers & pads on the wifes daily... No room in the garage, putting new brakes on in the driveway in the below freezing cold was not fun...at all.

Although, making the wife happy wasn't so bad... :)

2. Enginetuner

Enginetuner

I have the cab braced up for the 6 inch chop this week. Round Up bound!!!!!

Attached Files:

3. Enginetuner

Enginetuner

I got the cab braced for the 6 inch chop, shouldbe tacked together this week, Round Up bound!!!!!!

Attached Files:

4. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Well see where this goes.
    [​IMG]

5. bigken

bigken

Well, I fabbed up a generator mounting bracket. Power-Pack heads are absent of any mounting holes. Welded the bracket to the top edge of the header flange. Won't interfere with anything, there.
    Also, got most of the shifter issues ironed out. Just needs fine tuning/adjusting. Made a shifter handle. Set the cab back on the frame, added new 3/4" flooring. Drivers seat is ready to be mounted. Time to work on mounting the steering column pedals this week.
    (Excuse the shitty pics, and the model.)

Attached Files:

6. Bought a new HF angle grinder with the extra cost warranty, those morons are gonna be giving me a new grinder about once a month. I never get the extra warranty on anything, but I chew the grinders up.

Welded up a new vise stand out of the last bits if the '46 torque tube and a Astro van spare wheel

Made progress fabbing a Motorcycle/4'x6' truck bed size trailer out of a sailboat trailer and a free farm cart that had a '36 rearend welded to it.

Replumbed the brakes and greased up everything on the bigger boat trailer, woo hoo! no leaks!

Watched the most boring Grammys in recent memory. You'da thunk that a Police reunion coulda saved it, but then you'da thunk wrong.

7. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yaknow, its funny. . . i have owned the same harbor freight 4" grinder for almost three years. i use it for wire-cup/wheel, flap disc grinding and abrasive wheel grinding on all KINDS of shit. did all the floor work on the 54 with it, and every square inch of grinding on the willys as well.

the only thing i dont use it for is cutoff... for that i own a good mcculough(sp?) grinder... less runout and cleaner cuts.

the HF grinder?
    shit, its still got the same brushes that were installed when i bought it... never had to use the ones they ship with it... yet.

now that i opened my mouth, it'll be dead when i go out there today :rolleyes:

8. Just this......

[​IMG]

and this....

[​IMG]

:D :D :D

9. tchurch

tchurch

10. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I fired up my 1959 Ranchero with a new to the car 1961 390. It sounds REAL good with open pipes! This car is about to move under its own power for the first time in about 30 years!

Mike :D

11. tchurch

tchurch

12. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

13. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Here's where we are at with our 31' lots left to do:

Attached Files:

14. zombo27

zombo27
    from E-town Ky.

Painted my backing plates, finshed hanging the front suspension, cleaned the garage and hung up my cool guy Sterling Beer signs. Other than that watched Flags of Our Fathers, and drank PBR.

15. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

frame fixin,it aint pretty!!

16. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I brought the coupe home saturday in about 12 degree weather. I needed to get it home before the roads got shitty. Had to move the harley too so i waited for it to get to 27 degrees and rode it up to my kids up the street.Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. Then I put my roadster project in the for sale section.. I didnt do shit today..
    Dave

17. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

Made some patch panels for the bucket of rice

Attached Files:

18. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

When I can I work on my Roadster

Attached Files:

19. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack....stop drink beer...grind.....tack tack tack tack tack tack tack. Hand off drink more beer and watch Randy tack tack tack tack tack. It was a long night.
    Pooch

Attached Files:

20. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

21. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

I didn't notice this post when it first opened, but it's still freezin' ass cold in my garage. I've been pluggin' away, with the thoughts of spring in the back of my mind.

Worked every day this week prepping engine and firewall , but had to wait for a two-day warmup to be able to paint. Luckily I got that done, and unmasked everything. This week I'll be ready to put the engine back together, and then begin re-wiring the car.

Still need to install new dash and gauges.

Spring will be here before we know it,and I gotta be ready to hit the road.

22. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

I am building a 34 Chrysler CA, the body is nice! no dents to speak of and the doors a have a little rot in the bottoms of them. I got the car from my brother, who went to Canada to get it. He bought it as a complete car less radiator. I bought it from him in the same condition. I cut the floor out and am getting ready to cut the body down. Then my back started giving me a fit... so hopefully I can work on it again soon.

23. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I cleanup all the christmas stuff still laying in the garage, did laundry, cleaned my bathroom. Shit, i'm way to fucking domestic.

24. haroldashby

haroldashby

Heres some pics of the A-Tudor project so far. Last week it was about 10 degress so I fired up the stinky propane heater ,fitted the cowl, and firewall, also made new floors,and installed my tall shifter. HPIM0038 (Small).JPG HPIM0045 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0048 (Medium).JPG

Today after work I punched some holes in the visor. Picture 003 (Large).jpg

25. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Trying to finish up my 29 roadster--then start back on my 56 chevy 2 door sedan--THEN---the plan is to do a 32 roadster. Oh yea---I gotta keep my 37 coupe runnin'---endless crap---

My wife thinks I'm an idiot-----

Attached Files:

26. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Did someone say clowns???....
    [​IMG]

27. Dutchoven

Dutchoven
    from Reno, NV.

dude i just did that to my 53' ford.....don't it just piss you off..I'm gunna throw the blocks back in .....well it at least sits level now...lol

Blake

28. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

This past weekend we bolted the motor and trans in the 47 Chassis. That felt GOOD! :)

[​IMG]

29. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

30. put 55 Olds headlight rings on the shoebox.

Attached Files: