Register now to get rid of these ads!

Co-co wheats sucks!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DIRTYT, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

My roomie and I used to survive on Cheapo Mac&cheese,popcorn and peanut M&M's back in the 70's.
    Want me to send a care package of Split pea soup?LOL

2. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

:D Damn it 47 Tudor, I just spit coffee all over my keyboard:eek: ... the one about grandpa dying made my day...some funny shit in this thread!

3. williebill

williebill

you youngsters are soooo spoiled..just checked my frig..all liquid...water,cokes,beer,and,when I want to feel healthy,OJ...
    being divorced= more money for toys,less for food shit
    of course,I'm 65 pounds lighter than I was while I was married..
    I can wear my 21 YO sons jeans now..I get his hand me downs now...
    as long as the daily can pull up to a drive thru speaker,it's OK

4. Eating on a budget? Rice is your answer, 3 bucks for a bag that will feed you for like 2 weeks, maybe a pack of hotdogs for some meat apeal. Bonus.

To boot you get that nice lean "starving for a cause" look. Very stylish.

Man this thread brings me back to my college days.

Goodtimes.

5. That made me cry right along with ya....
    That's funny......

The secret to eating co-co wheats is TONS of sugar... and then melt a huge, heart-clogging, glop of butter on top, but don't stir it in...
    It's more like sweet buttery dog poop then...

One of these, a sharp knife, a meat grinder and a bag of onions and you can feast like a king and not have to put food into your budget at all...
    I shot this one from my bedroom window with my bow. Lord, I am blessed...
    [​IMG]

JOE:cool:

6. Way back when I was required to have a runnin' scooter ( a limey for a back up was acceptable) and no "garbage wagons" I was seen dumpster diveing more than once behind the local super market. Hell I fought a guy in suite over a package of out of date cinnimon rolls once.
    Ahhh the price of being " cool".

I discovered a long time ago that eggs are cheap and you can make an omelete out of about anything as long as you have eggs to wrap around it.

7. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I hope you didn't stop and start licking yourself in the middle of the street or run around on all fours smelling other dogs butts.

8. Rice is dirt cheap if you get the mongo sized bags. It takes a while to cook but its cheap. You can then streatch damn near anything.
    Hit the frozen veggies on sale. Get some dehydrated soup stock.
    It sounds just like college days!

9. Von Franco

Von Franco

Muttley they still make fruit bites in S.F.lol...............

10. Von Franco

Von Franco

Muttley they still sell fruit bites in S.F.lol..............

11. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I ate beans and rice for a month. bag o beans for like 50 cents and a bag of rice for a dollar. that lasts a long time.

12. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

I'm happy, overjoyed really, to say that as a kid, Mom never bought food, just rum and cokes at the local dive. Sugar sandwiches were our staple, or ketchup on...a finger. We LIKED porridge.

The overjoyed part is that my fridges are NEVER empty. I'll not go hungry again..or without parts...electric bill might be late and I could live without a phone...but I'm gonna eat something.

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Ahhhh, the batchelor days. Sometimes at the grocery store they sell Ramen noodles 10 for a dollar, sweet jesus! Years back Jack in the Box killed somebody with undercooked meat, remember? Well soon after, locally at least, you could score a cheeseburger, taco and fries for 1 dollar. Had a lot burgers, tacos and french fries that week.
    My all time favorite, though was Balogna Burritos. Yessir, one tortilla with 2 or 3 slices (depending on budget) fanned out on a buttered tortilla. Mmmmmmm, that's livin'!

14. jonnycola

jonnycola

15. skumbag

skumbag

that would make a great tech post!!! :D

matt

16. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Ha Ha Ha...dog poo, eh?!:eek:

I woulda gladly treated you to some REAL "Man fuel" at Hardees last night, dumbass!!:D

Seriously...are you SURE those were Co-Co Wheats you were eating? You didn't fall down by the dog bowl or anything did ya??!!

(But, on the subject of dog food, those treats that look like little steaks are pretty damn good! Shame to waste 'em on a dog. Uhh, err...so I'm TOLD, anyway!!!:rolleyes: :eek: )

17. Popcorn and chicken boullion for a week once. Thank God I learned how to cook and budget after that.

18. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

damn nordern cheesehead backwoods poach'n hillbilly types i tells ya. . .

makes me homesick for the U.P. . . . growin up i learned how to violate deer before i learned to hunt legal... my first legal deer was, well, anti-climatic :D

PS... before breeder or anyone else runs with "violating deer" . . . thats a U.P. term for poaching... not um, yaknow what they do with horses out in washington state, or sheep in montana, or say, a sister in Missouri :eek: :p

19. That was during the bow season... not last night at 3am... :D
    All taged and registered...
    I don't violate anything but young girls integrity.....:p

JOE:cool:

20. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

i violated a case of coors and a large pizza a few minutes ago! aldi sells some way cheap microwave grub like the guy from flint said. you can buy a weeks worth of food there for about 20 dollars!

21. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

integrity... is THAT what the wimminz are callin it these days? :D

22. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

NYC 1993, there was an italien place next door, I helped them out with some handyman shit, they always gave me leftover food.
    Moving to LA, it was Top Ramen all the way, for month on end.

23. "When I die I hope I go peacefully in my sleep like grandpa did,
    and not screaming hysterically like all the rest of the people in his car did."[/quote]LMFAO , whilst I am eating OREO's for dinner

24. RacerRick

RacerRick

Man, how can you guys not eat? I just go to my parents when I need to go grocery shopping....

25. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Maybe not everybody has Mommy and Daddy, helping out.
    My Dad was and still is, not giving me any free rides, he's old school, "if you want it, work for it". I guess the struggle makes you appreciate things more.
    Worked for me.

26. chopper103in

chopper103in

macaronie and tomato juice
    soup beans
    rice
    mac and cheese
    ramen noodles
    all cheap and go a long way

27. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

My secret recipe: 1 bowl of cheerios, 1 table spoon of peanut-butter, and 1 table spoon full of grape jelly. Combine in bowl...or if you broke your last bowl, in a pot, stir eat, wash down with a glass of milk. Peanut-butter and Jelly-0s. Yum, Yum.

Your bowels will thank you.

28. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

When I was single---my roommate and I were build cars---with no money---so we go to the local mega-box store and buy something like 2 cases of canned tamales and 2 cases of cheap-ass chili--all for something like $5.00! For the next month--we'd ask each other"whatca want for dinner?" Then we'd laugh and heat up those goddamn tamales and chili--I think we stole some cheese from his mom's house too. To this day---can't even look at that shit in the market!!!

Hey Jeem---I thought I was the only one who ate bolona burritos---good to here their are other crazy bastards around!

29. hatch

hatch
    from house

I don't normally use my bowels for mixing food.....butt maybe I'll give it a try!!

30. Kyle(666)

Kyle(666)

If you want to know how to make seriously cheap, and very good food; Get a cookbook from the 40's or 50's (theres re-prints) You learn handy shit like breadcrumbs and a little milk can make a pound of hamburger go a loooooong way.