Register now to get rid of these ads!

some of you guys wanted to see my vw work so here it is

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squareonair, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squareonair

squareonair

2. sinner13

sinner13
    from Buffalo NY

Slick as hell....

3. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Some folks CAN make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

really cool -- wish I could do one percent as well!

4. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

wow thats a huhge diff from aired out to all the way up on the back of the flat back......i really dig the other dub too is that a current project?

5. *jaw hanging*

6. Great cars!! I just got an old Bug and me and my boys are making a 40's style custom out of it with teardrop skirts a big visor, small custom rear window, shaved handles and what ever else we can think of. Just started last night. Michael

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

not traditional for this board, but I like it (before it did the 3 wheel). thats wrong for a vw.... .

I need that notch back.... I have wanted a classic Cal look version on polished porsche alloys, hammered down for over a decade... Notches are my favorite next to a 21 window...

8. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

vw cal look has a great tradition too-- and in my opinion the look of the squareback doesnt fit. the wheels are too big and flashy & the suspension action makes it like a low rider (which a vw isnt.) A cool VW doesnt need fluff and bling.

Standing on 3 wheel look is just gay....

That said, that notchback is nice and its got great potential. Hope you dont put bling wheels on that too. If it were mine, i'd go original blue for paint, BRM wheels, slammed on the ground, stock low back interior, and a healthy built normally aspirated big cam & carbs motor/trans. keep the side markers and put on some nice flat lenses on the rear, and flat headlights in the front. Thats what im seeing...

Next time i'd also at least mark your thread as OT, for off topic.

-scott noteboom

9. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Great your car can dance. Can we get back to the regularly scheduled programming?

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

I like that notchback... cool car.

11. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

great cars...if i did not live in the middle of the desert I would have one for sure.

I have had a 53 bus, 70ish squareback/fastback/bug when I was in my teens.

always wanted a notch...

Even when I had them in the 80's I kept them really basic in color when most others were going really crazy with the paint scheme.

my wife wants an old bug but I refuse to get it for her knowing that in the summer she will not drive it because of the heat.

PS...keep the wide five and steel wheels on the notch! looks better then the highly polished stuff! :)

12. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Only old V dubs are imported allow on the HAMB. Dubs are cool.

13. solo_909

solo_909

3 wheel motion!!! sooo freaking tight

14. God i wished i had my 63 & 65 notchbacks again i loved those cars. great lloking squareback too....joe

15. Degreaser

Degreaser

The notchback rules. hard as hell to find around here or I would have another one.

16. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Your notch is bitchin', I love the no caps on chromies thing, just needs a merged drag header and open stinger painted white.
    You could leave it as is for a while but I could see it with a nice early VW color as well.

Don't mess it up with hub caps! ha

Three wheelin' and airbags? I don't understand. Kind of like Herb Alpert after he got all Minneapolis smooth jazz.....

17. My dog does that same trick every time he gets near a tree. Nice work I guess, but I just don't see any point in lifting a tire on a car. I guess it makes it easy to change a tire.

18. okay and here is my squareback :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Roadmistress

Roadmistress
    from Van Nuys

Cool notchback, those things are rare even out here. Kinda reminds me of an early Falcon coupe.

20. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

Yeah, it does have at least a similiar roofline to my '62 Falcon

21. Nice work. I have to admit I have a 53 panel squirrelled away. Some day..........

22. what is this place coming too???people on here asked for this ??just goes to show change is not always good

23. "some of you guys wanted to see my vw work so here it is"

The PM feature is here for a reason...pics can be included in one.

Bryan

24. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Next thing it'll get a sticky.

Take it home. Leave it there.

25. I've had a few Notchbacks, one with a fire breathing 2276cc engine, that would outrun most of the cars on this forum (by the time you get your car through the wheel spin and spring wind-up, and actually moving forward, if I left the line right, I should be clutching for 3rd...)
    but this is NOT the place for huge photos of VWs.
    Hell, I could post photos of my Oval, that was on the cover of the VW magazine I worked for at the time (I worked for both the "deceased" one and the one still publishing) but I know this board isn't for that (even if it is a 1957, so older than quite a few of the cars on here) so I don't.
    Best, probably, to head for <www.thesamba.com> or <www.volksrods.com>
    I imagine if any more photos show up, this will will disappear....

26. haring

haring

What's wrong, Dr.J. --

Do you have a little pigeon that delivers the Internet in a tiny basket through your window?

Anyway, my girlfriend owns an early VW bus.

There's a reason it's never appeared on the HAMB.

27. repoguy

repoguy

I have a killer Toyota 4 runner.

28. dehudso

dehudso

Seriously folks. I dig squarebacks and notchbacks, but I come here for hot rods.

Take this shit elsewhere.

29. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

30. KIRK!

KIRK!

Holy shit that notchback is cool! Can I have it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.