Register now to get rid of these ads!

were is it the coldest ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cadzilla, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Nick

Nick

8 today I haven’t minded the single digit highs since I am a teacher and school has been canceled the last two days. My torpedo heater gets that temp up to 60 in my garage just fine.

-Nick

2. chopper103in

chopper103in

1:00----5 degrees above 0
    windchill 6 below 0
    snowing hard
    warmer today than the last 3 days
    THIS SUCKS

3. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Freezing cold in Austin...It's like 6 degrees below 70 here.Brrr.

Long sleeved shirt weather for sure!
    they're telling us we're in for another cold front this weekend. gonna get down to the high 50's. yikes. I may have to put on my winter suit again.

Beauty of this is, it will all be over by march 1st.

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

It was -6 in Chicago yesterday when I left for work. The oil was so thick in my trans that I had trouble shifting for the first 15 minutes. Even the clutch and shocks were slow. My girlfriend's diesel wouldn't start and now it looks like something cracked because it's leaking oil. I think the windchill was -22 or -32. It was -13 air temp in Kenosha, WI yesterday. I have no idea today. I just don't want to know... but I had to take public transportation today because my girlfriend needed the car. Now THAT's love.

5. Poor suckers, it's 70 degrees in Houston!

6. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

-5 degrees with a wind chill of -15 in scenic downtown Niles at 8 AM, birthplace of William McKinley.. :( Luckily the Rustang started because it was last car in my driveway. Had to or get shoved in the ditch wil my truck, because today was doctor day and I needed pills!...:D This is NOT normal winter weather here. Highs are usually in the upper 30s/low 40s and we generally don't get a bunch of snow either.

Jan

7. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Read my signature!

Vance

8. Wimp ! :D

9. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Y'all don't know cold until you meet my EX-WIFE

10. Bgoodman

Bgoodman

I don't even know what the (-) sign means when you're talking about weather... What is that?! Oh well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it so snow. Its the driest January on record here in Sacramento, CA. I just want some damn snow! I didn't buy a season pass for nothing!

11. eltiberius

eltiberius

You guys are way down south in the tropics of Duluth. I worked in the Soudan mine up near Ely MN. One morning it was -38 without the wind chill. Hell, even Hibbing is south of that place. Hell, half the population of Canada lives south of Ely!
    Right now I'm in sunny SoCal and I will be OK. Please don't worry over me, I'll put on my flannel after the sun goes down.

12. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

Its a balmy +22F here today beats the temps in Dec and early Jan that was running around -20F I think I will fire up the BarBQ today.

Dawg

13. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

And to think I moved away from Santa Maria, California 3 years ago for this!!! The last time I looked at the thermometer it was 11F, it's a good thing we're going on a cruise to the Bahamas and Mexico later this week.
    BURRRR! Come on Friday!

14. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

It's the first time in about a week here where it is in the double digits. The high is only around 12. It really sucks that it is this cold. I haven't been able to work much as I want to on my car.

15. juhap

juhap
    from Finland

It is getting colder here in Fin(k)land....
    Now in my thermometer it is -31 Celcius!! :eek: IT IS COOL, MAN :cool:

16. old dial thermometer does not read lower than ten below below ... needle is bending trying to go below the peg..
    hit -20 here according to the news..-10 for a high

scolded dog about peeing on the metal post
    when out early this morning ... he lives dangerously !
    have actually hit the spit freezing and cracking before hitting the ground stage....

exposed skin i don't think so ha ha
    i did shave off my beard in defiance tho

still enjoying the after glow of touching the milner coupe last friday!
    and warmth of this monitor(and dog on my feet)
    it really can only get warmer
    funny/sad rust happens in this cold too.
    paperdog

17. sub 20 yesterday, almost 60 today, 20 tomorrow... kansas is wierd

18. It was something below zero AIR TEMP when these were taken at The Bare Bones Cold Weather cruise last Sunday. No heat!
    All I can say is I'm a lucky guy - she didn't complain once!

Attached Files:

19. bukibkr

bukibkr

Hey Arazona Duds....Here's your Dickie.......LOL:D

20. bukibkr

bukibkr

She's either Mute...Or your not Married ... Not to Her anyway:D

21. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

Icebox of the Nation. We get into the mid -40's every winter. Last year's low -46, this year -42. This is without windchill. There were a few days two weeks ago where we didn't break zero for a high. Summers are nice though, hottest I've seen it is 85, but we get into the upper 20's at night. Too bad summers are so short.

22. r.l.r

r.l.r

Was up at Lake of the Woods MN, last Sunday -52 in the morning 11 miles of shore. They said windchill was -70 doesn't matter when its past -20 to F---ing cold. got home Monday to a balmy -22 with a -43 windchill. Forcast for tonite wife in bed at 98.6 hopefully rising temps probably just a dream though, actually cold front in there to.

T

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

it was 0* when we left the restaurant on the cruise, but it was -3* on the way there!! You don't need heat when you have a hot girl under a sleeping bag on the seat next to you... now do you, Tony? :D

24. ...since my post this morning we got 8-10 inches of snow today, it never stppoed, and it's still snowin. Kept busy today shoveling snow off my mom's and our driveways. Oh yeah, it got up to 1 or 2 above zero today! This sucks, I'm ready for spring.

25. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I am pretty sure my feet are the coldest, but my arse is a close second!!

It's below zero here - 27below with wind chill.

My phase converter didn't even want to run tonight!!! That's NEVER happened.

26. willys33

willys33
    from New Mexico

Yesterday the wind chill at the top of Mt Washington in NH was -73!

27. blazentrout

blazentrout

it was a -8 on the way into work this mornining. my brother grabed the dually today and bitched that it did not want to warm up. i am greatful the hobby shop is heated with wood,at least it is comftable to work in. enjoy the cold NOT!!
    Trout

28. shagg'n

shagg'n

Lookin out the window at thermo,-19c here,although I did just have wagon out in laneway,slipping on the ice.OK so I wasn't driving anywhere,but it that sound could warm me @ -40!Still too cold to venture to the never the less!

29. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

Just got back from my shop to damn cold to paint so I guess I'll work on my parts list. Can't wait till spring!

30. Yesterday morning it was -44F when I got up to go to work. There was hardly any wind, so the windchill was only -62F!!!!

I'm thinking of going on a tropical getaway....to Minneapolis! :D