Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage #12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stoner, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Jimmy, Say hey at the GRNS. You gonna be there right?

Stoner..... 6 a year.. you can do it !!!

2. oh man that looks killer! cant wait to see how it turns out. i had fun at to photoshoot, good meeting you guys.

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I can't wait for the new issue of my favorite one handed reading material besides Incontinence Monthly.

4. Nads, you just named our new car club... "The Incontinentals"

5. Man oh man where do I sign up. cough cough for the articles

6. as long as its not the InKontinentals - may be some copyright infringement there...

Stoner - when the hell you coming back to Austin to see us, man? you know we're throwing a little car show shin-dig again this Spring...

7. Stoner

Stoner

Hey, Beatnikincontinental!

I think we're actually gonna be down there for the Roundup--is that cute chick still bartending at the Continental? She really messed Steve-o and me up back in '02.

One more thing--look for a feature on Blazing Haley's own Dave Kruger in this issue, too. That guy builds some sick shit and he really puts his money where his standup bass is...

STONER

8. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

i ve seen #12 and let me tell you it ROCKS

thanks dan and brian

9. TRuss

TRuss

I've never seen Garage around here. Is there a website or something?

10. Stoner

Stoner

Truss--

Check us out at www.garagemagazine.com

You should also be able to find it at 7-11 and Wally Mart. It shows up at some Borders and Barnes-n-Noble, but it's spotty in those two chains...

And thanks, Alex! For all of you heading to the Cow Palace show, Alex has a good variety of back issues at his booth--prominently displayed, I might add.

STONER

11. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stoner--love the mag-please tell me ya'll we keep running the road trip articles like TJ and Louisville

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

I can't believe you ran something on that KIRK! guy. He's an asshole.

13. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

Kirk ,you have pretty eyes...

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

Oh yeah, I'm a pretty hot stud.:D

I guess you don't have to be good looking to get in a magazine.

15. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

you ever thought of posing for playgirl??,..i know this guy. . . :D:D:D

16. I have been all over town trying to find this mag. last issue I saw everywhere from 7-11 to smiths to walmart but this #12 I cannot find, and I hear it has a good schaff write up.. Its out right because the Garage web site says FEB something?

17. "You should also be able to find it at 7-11 and Wally Mart. It shows up at some Borders and Barnes-n-Noble, but it's spotty in those two chains..."

around here its the exact opposite...

18. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Dan,
    Read that article on Gale Banks-I grew up in San Gabe I would cruise my 20" String Ray through the alley behind his shop Mission/Fairview. He had all kinds of high HP stuff going on there.
    In about 1977 he moved into a building that he had built on Commercial Ave in San Gabe 4 times the size of that store front one. He stayed there till 83 then moved to Azusa.
    I got a chuckle out of his story about The Other Ball,
    When I was JR. High this bar was a round the corner. We'd hop the fence & go to lunch to the surrounding restaurants and we'd see all the "dirty ol men" going in there to have a topless lunch. At one point a law was passed so they had to either stop showing naked chicks or stop serving alcohol. It didn't last very long after that.

He also speaks of the Marie Callenders (on Las Tunas) with a bunch of Nobel prize winners. I got a kick out of that with the conversations that they had. My former wife used to work there and she remembered when Gale used to come in and those characters that he hung with.
    What's even more of a cowinkidink is that one of my friends also was one of his & Mickey's nieghbors there in Bradbury=(High Rent District) and he used to see Gale all the time.

Another great issue Dan & staff, Looked for you @ the roadster show, Y'guys were gone by the time I made it over on Sat night.
    Thanx for the write up in #11. I noticed that you had it there on the table along w/#12.
    Keep up the good work!

19. slammed

slammed

I am hooked on this magazine! 4 Star's.....KIRK! I agree esp. question's #14 & 20.

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

Sorry, I can't. I just signed on to pose for Honcho, Manhole and Bunkhouse Magazines. I've never seen them, but they sound manly like tools and building cars.

21. BELLM

BELLM

I picked up #12 last night and just finished reading it cover to cover, normally about 30 minutes with a car mag and I am done. I think #12 is probably the best one yet.
    But I must admit the picture of that KIRK! guy holding the unconscious bunny rabbit with is clothing in disarray is somewhat disturbing!!!:D
    Guess I need to part with my $20 and quit making Wal Mart richer.

22. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Just picked up # 12 at one of the local Wally worlds and I've already breezed through it a few times. Good issue!

23. 1929rats

1929rats

Great mag....Ive been reading since #6 or #5....

Love the cover.....that was cheri magazines claim to fame (finding Aria Giovanni via the amature photo hunt.

anyway, I was looking at the rag today and was wondering whats the story with Bella Donnas Black eye?! shes another real hot piece of A$$!

Great article on Dwight Bale .....by the way
    Nice mag!

24. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Yup, Even then I STILL bought it!!!

25. guiseart

guiseart

Awesome issue... even caught the wife checking it out yesterday.
    Great work.

26. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I find mine at the dam walmart of all places

27. 55olds88

55olds88

can't wait to see it Dan, seems to have really caught on down here of late, if anyones looking for some back issues I have some 3+4 then I think a bunch from 6-7 up, drop me a line, post from NZ might hurt a little....

28. I got mine at 7-11 in clayton really enjoyed it ....Was thinkin you guys should do a Himsl brothers article some day Art and Mickey

29. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

got mine...wal mart had none, but 7-11 had 2 of 'em! i get in the door and my wife snagged it! bittersweet, i think i'll let her check it out....what more can i ask for, the latest garage mag, and a girl who steals it from me?!!!

hah, she just said "hey that kirk guy is on the H.A.M.B, right?!" saw the article, kirk, that pic of you with the fake beard is great!

30. Stoner

Stoner

OK, we've gotten alot of great feedback on this latest issue--and I can't tell you how much we appreciate that. But the black eye on the model in the dang fashion section has garnered SO much attention that I thought I'd pull back the curtain a little bit on how we do things here at the HQ.

We don't normally ever do this, but it IS the HAMB, after all and I thought y'all would appreciate hearing how things actually happen at GARAGE:

You may remember when I put the call out for available customs here on the board a few months ago. Our own FoMoCoMoFo answered the call with his righteous T-bird and we were on our way.

Now, a production like this takes alot of work: cars, girls, photographers, makeup artists, wardrobe stylists, assistants and location managers, etc. Most times, when passersby see a GARAGE shoot, they ask what movie we're filming. Yeah. Anyway, on my way to the location, I got a call from one of the model's manager:

"Hey, Dan, we're on our way to the shoot, but I just want to let you know that Bella's got a black eye since the last time we talked. Not a big deal, and it's just about gone, but I wanted to let you know. See you there in a few hours..."

A f*%king BLACK EYE?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!? And how the CRIPES did she get it?!?

Great. A model who's supposed to be able to transport our readers to a magical place where all the cars are amazing, the girls are smokin' hot and it's always a beautiful day now has a black eye from Allah-only-knows what and the shoot's call-time is in a scant few hours.

We all met at the shoot and sure enough, there was the one and only Belladonna – black eye and all. It wasn't terrible--I mean, it was just about gone. But it was in the "three days after the barfight" mode and was still puffy. Now, I'm a battle-worn old advertising art director – there's just about nothing I haven't seen or problems I've had to fix "in the field." So, really, this wasn't a huge deal, but everyone looked at Bella's shiner, then each other, then me.

"Make it worse."

The crew all looked at each other and then the photographer got a big grin on his face. "Really? You prepared to go to that dark place?" he asked.

"Sure, why not?"

"But what will that say?" the makeup artist asked, "like, to everyone seeing it? Like, won't that be a problem? Like, won't that turn people off?"

Now, when I was growing up in the sticks of PA, I learned early on that if you're whoopin' up through the woods, it's better to step right on the rock instead of trying to run around it – less chance of hurting yourself. So, no sense in trying to ignore this rock, let's plant a foot right on the sucker.

"Yeah, we're gonna make it black, blue and purple – give her a real nice shiner. And don't worry about it – I think it's gonna work out just fine."

So, the more we shot, the better that eye looked. And I mean in a bad-but-really-good way. And we've been getting nothing but great comments and interest over it.

But, I'll never tell how Belladonna got it in the first place...

STONER