Register now to get rid of these ads!

GNRS "FAKE" barn find", anybody else notice?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Burny

Burny

I noticed this too. It just didn't "feel" right. Then when my eyes started to focus, the first thing I noticed was the faux paint and brand new aftermarket windshield posts etc.

It was coll kinda, but I don't understand why they would present it as a real barn find. Maybe I didn't read the fine print....Whatever.

2. Burny

Burny

word.

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Dave :)

4. usedall9

usedall9

Maybe thay just don't expect actual hobbiest to show? Maybe there expecting to pull the wool over Joe Schmoe's eye's when he takes his family to GNRS after 5 days of Disney Land? It's happening all over the place....Sturgis used to rip...Now it's abunch of lawyers? Viva, the same is happening there... Just my 2 cents?

5. Mootz

Mootz

I'm with Dirty31 on this one, the car is awesome and fun to look at. I believe in another post, someone stated that the owner was pretty open about it being a brookville body to onlookers who noticed. He built a great car regardless.

Mootz

6. You think he built it?

7. Mootz

Mootz

I personally could care less.

Mootz

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If you are thinking about adding to this post, think again... there's no reason to... Let it drop.

9. kermit

kermit
    from WI

The real loss is when the owner tells the story so many times he believes it, some magazine covers it and like someone else pointed out, it shows up at BJ.

It is a sad day when we need to BS our way into a show with a fake car and a big story. The 75th gala event has lost some of it's luster.

May the flatuations of a thousand dying dromedairies fill the owners dying moments.

Kermit

10. Yeah Bob, was telling me it was fake, and I was thinking The patina looked awful man made just looking at it for the few mintues I did before Bob told me. They could at least state it as a represntation of a Barn find.

11. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I think it will be cool once it's painted.:D

12. I just wanna know what's written on the trunk...

13. TRuss

TRuss

14. JamesG

JamesG

The paint looks fake.

15. I just wanna say, that if Ford Motor Company was to start production on it, I'll buy one... for the price of a new KIA.
    Start spittin' out millions of 'em and sell 'em for less.

W.W.H.D...?

JOE:cool:

16. Not when I was standing there. Only when he was asked,"it's a Brookville right?",then he would own up. But the guy he was talking to when I walked up was getting this cock-n-bull story. He might have changed his story by Sunday,but Saturday,he was all smoke and mirrors.

17. Anti-Chatter

Anti-Chatter
    from Alberta

The intent to deceive is a lie.

012507GNRS367-vi.jpg

18. no fine print there!

19. purpleflameguy

purpleflameguy

BAD BOB, Could you post the pics of your friends glass 32 with the fake patina. I am thinking about doing my glass highboy the same way. But it will be what is is, not to be represented an anything it is not. thanks,
    DEN, DRIVE EM.

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

cool car but if they looked hard enough (especially with thier connections) they could of found the real barn find. there was one on ebay just last week. laying on a dirt floor in a junk yard just outside of bakersfield.
    my 2 cents

21. Cshabang

Cshabang

I thought it was common knowledge at the show that it was a brookville..it may not hyave had it posted...but everyone I spoke to about the car knew it was a brookville

22. hey its beter then that glass "barn find" from a couple years ago with fake bird shit and airbrushed rust

23. Good point. It's just another brand of identity theft.

24. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I just love reading these threads.. steel is real no glass cars and now its gotta be gennie steel to boot. Ha Ha .. well did the guy really lie or just fool the experts ??? He must have fooled quite a few people. !
    I remember the year i finshed my coupe and we took it to autorama and a guy came up and told me it was a steel car cause no one could make a glass car look that good and argued with me Ha Ha.. I loved it. I never did change his mind??? He knew it was real and thats that..
    Dave

25. HotRod1

HotRod1

It sounds more like the guy was challenging someone to discover the truth. It's not like lying about a car is something new. "no that's not a nitrous bottle in the trunk", "it's only a 265 in my chevy so you gotta spot me 3 car lengths", etc.

Take credit that you spotted it.

26. LUSK

LUSK

27. Wesley

Wesley

Ryan has it right.

28. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

i love everyone just talking about it lolol

29. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I just heard Dolly Parton's titties are FAKE! NO WAY, MAN, NO WAY!

30. Damn you guys sound like a bunch of Pokemon dorks trying to figure out if a trading card is real or not. Who cares, its a kool car, let it go.