Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got my "TICKET" in the Mail Today!! Good Grief!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSTEE 57 GMC, Jan 27, 2007.

1. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

Well it is Saturday. Glad to have the work week over for a couple of days. Went to the Mailbox and there it was! A Ticket with a picture of my truck going through a Red Light! It shows where I must have been in one of those situations where you are either Gun it and go on or slam on the Brakes to stop at the Red light. Well I guess I gunned it! I was on the way to take the wife to the Hospital to make sure the little Woman's Cancer was still gone. My question to everyone is, has anyone ever tried that Anti-Photo Spray for License Plates? The Anti-Photo License Spray is supposed to prevent the Cameras from seeing your Tag Number on your License Plate. It is supposed to work by making a Glare so bright from the Cameras, that it is impossible to see the Numbers. They also have a Anti-Photo License Plate Tag Covers too. I guess I just want to know if anyone has a suggestion on a quick fix besides the usual comments about slowing down and don't gun it at Red lights. I do not talk on Cellphones when I drive and I seldom Gun It at Red Lights. If anyone has tried any of these products or has another solution let me know. It is getting to where I am scared to go get Milk and Bread now! Thanks!

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Big Brother on the job. And isn't it nice tyo know it is only going to get worse.

Frank

3. I am always flipping the bird when I used to go through those camera enforced intersections.

Well that was when I worked in Beverly Hills and was driving customers cars all day...

I just stay out of the city now and I miss all the cameras.

4. Phil1934

Phil1934

You've got a truck. Camera's ten feet up. Drop the tailgate.

5. lolife

lolife

Send them a photo of the check you would have sent them :)

6. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

Man, you are SMART! Never thought about that! Thanks alot!

7. neat
    should we start a mug shot gallery of hamb redlight lawbreakers ?
    kinda like oj and nick nolte ..nicole ritchie and such

idea.. your latest avatar

8. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I heard a cop on TV the other day say that it's a public safety thing not a money thing even though they are making a ton of revenue from those cameras.:mad:

9. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

Yeah, that is like at my work when they said we were not getting a Raise this year because we cannot afford to give you one. Then you read in the Paper that our Company had a Record Year and our CEO made a Zillion Dollars not including his Bonus and Stock Options! Go figure!

10. 2manybillz

2manybillz

You gotta do an e-brake 180 and slide through backwards flippin the bird - unless ya have a front plate. They got rid of the cameras in Charlotte, it was a contract deal. The contractor got the bulk of the money, not the government.

11. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Send your payment in with a shredded PBA supporter sticker.

12. check all over the net, apparently there is a way to fight these and always win.

13. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

These red light photo traps are a total scam on the public. A company "gives" the equipment to the city, and maintains it "free" for a cut of the revenue generated. Problem is a car can't commit a crime and they don't get a photo of your face so you can fight it...but what a PITA!

This is exactly the kind of intrusive BS that we all ought to resist, complain about, vote the bums out for etc. This kind of stuff just ticks me off to no end.

PS, I use photo blocker. Don't know if it works but I have had no problems yet.

14. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Thats been tried and didn't work.

15. Dirk35

Dirk35

You would be more than happy to pay the local doughnut consumer's salary if in the situation of a meth addict asking you 8 year old daughter for money outside the local C-Store; opposed to having the local officer had ran them off. They dont make shit.................. too bad the money from your ticket went to some faggot House of Rep, or local Senator to work for 4 months instead of the guy walking the beat asking rapists questions (running him off) outside the local strip bar.

16. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

A lawyer might be able to help you out. One out is to protest the ticket on the grounds of the equipment being calibrated. Along with camera's being installed, if they don't get enough tickets they will program the yellow light to a shorter interval!!!!!!!!!!!

17. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

There are a ton of websites/forums out there for these things, I typed in "photo radar blockers" and this is only a fraction of what pops up:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-83243.html

http://www.phantomplate.com/

http://www.jammersstore.com/p_photo_blocker_covers.htm

http://www.backstreetinline.com/photoblocker_w/

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/photo-blocker/

http://www.buyradardetectors.com/Products/Photo-Radar-Red-Light-Cameras.aspx

http://www.1-radar-laser-jammers-detectors.com/our-store/photo-radar/vf2-tests.php

Unfortunately, this is becoming the norm, rather than the exception. Big brother's congressman is watching you and hoping you line their pockets... screw the lawyers...by the time they are done, they are the ones that come out on top, not you...ask my sis :rolleyes:

18. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

Well, Around Here They Re'time'd The Lites To Go Red Sooner, But Then Everybody 'adjusted' And Were Still Drifting Thru On Thier 'red.' Now They Dont Do It As Much!

19. haha. ya. i heard about this. a guy sent in a pic of the money. they sent him a pic of handcuffs. he paid...

20. 2002p51

2002p51

They put those things up years ago in San Diego. They said they put them up in the intersections with the highest accident rate. Turns out it was proven that they put 'em up in the busiest ones. In thousands of photos they had there weren't any photos of crashes. Then they also proved that camera intersections had shorter yellow lights.
    The courts had the cameras shut off, and a bunch of people got tickets thrown out. But the city fought back and got them turned on again.

It's a total scam. It has nothing whatsoever to do with safety, it's just the government reaching into your pocket.

21. Jimv

Jimv

Face it, you ran the light, got caught, pay the fine!! One thing those cameras are is accurate.If you where going thru on the yellow it won't take a picture.
    Think of it if it where reversed, what if you went on the green & someone(you!!) t-boned ya!!then what would you guys be saying?
    you can stand there & argue with a cop & tell him you didn't go thru the light, theres no proof except his word, but the camera "TELLS ALL".
    Pay it & be more careful.
    I also heard that if a cop is behind you at nite & notices"high reflection" off your plate they'll be pulling you over & sending in the Drug dogs or harrassing the shit outta ya!! i rather be getting a thru the mail ticket myself, never ran into a polite cop (but there is psycothic mailmen!!)
    Take it as a leason, Grasshopper!
    JimV

22. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

I am not going to be popular for saying this, but next time stop instead of running the red light. Simple fix!

23. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Search for sites like http://www.highwayrobbery.net/ - there may be some things you can do - these tickets seem to technically violate the law, but hard for a layman to tell.

24. rodknocker

rodknocker

I feel you should be a man and take your pinch, it doesn't matter who or what caught you, what if some kid was walking across the street, hey everyone's guilty of doing this,but you got caught,now take responsibility for your actions.Seems nobody wants to be responsible anymore.Just like I'll take the onslaught of guys who reject what I just said.

25. 55kustomline

55kustomline

nah, im with you on this one. i speed up @ yellow lights all the time to beat the red....im just lucky to have not gotten caught yet

26. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"nah, im with you on this one. i speed up @ yellow lights all the time to beat the red....im just lucky to have not gotten caught yet"

Nah, you're just lucky you haven't been killed or killed somebody else yet, like a friend of mine was when a dumb-shit, 'don't-give-a-fuck-about anybody-else' hot-shot went through a red light, t-boned him and killed him. Left a wife and three kids. Bet those three kids thought that guy going through the light, living on the egde, was a real "man".........

27. wedgeii1

wedgeii1
    from california

I used highwayrobery.net went in, fought it and won! Saved me $430! Imagine how much money that generates... That light flashes on someone everytime the light turns red. Big money fer sure!!! Interesting fact is that the number of accidents has gone UP on lights with cameras. Now when people come up to the intersection there going so fast trying to get through the light before it turns yellow that when it does turn they slam on the brakes and end up rearended!
    Anyways, check with your city. Theres ALOT of rules they have to follow for those cameras to be legal. Chances are they miss a couple. They just figure you wont check up and just pay the ticket. Think how many people just pay the courtesy notice. It may be a pain in the ass but fight it for sure!

28. Montgomery

Montgomery
    from San Diego

Rustee wasn't asking how to fight the ticket...he wanted to know if any of those spray blockers work...so back to his question. I've never used it, and it looks like no one else has used it. So maybe order some, put it on, take a bunch of pictures from different angles and see how they turn out. I'm curious if they work too.

29. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

This whole deal is a scam. The company that installs the camera determines the locations. They pick locations by timing the yellow lights. Where ever the yellow light is too short for the speed limit, that's where they install the camera. If you are approaching the intersection at the speed limit, and the light turns yellow, you don't have enough time to react, and stop without running the light. The camera company gets 75% of the fine. They want cameras where they will pay off. A couple state senators have been caught in Ohio, now they are outlawing red light cameras.

30. Yeah, it's a scam, it all is. But, red-light running is also a problem.
    Here in Chicago, they are putting up cameras at many intersections, and when they first go in it's hilarious to watch: the light would flash at every light change, sometimes even twice!! Makes you realise how many are running the lights.

Now for something you DON'T know - it's not film, it's digital, AND it's a video, NOT a still. So, when you go to fight the ticket, they don't just show you a still shot, they show you the WHOLE video...of you coming up to the light, running the light, and heading off...this would seem to negate much of the licence blocking, as the angles are always changing. And licence plate covers are against the law here.

Usually the laws are changed to accomodate this type of ticketing. Your best bet: pay up and slow down.

Cosmo