Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see your shop dog!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny1290, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

My dog can eat your dog. :D

you get that 'hound from one of them "adopt-a-racer" places Mike?

[​IMG]

2. Fiddy - Your dog would have to catch her first.

Yep, we got her from REGAP (REtired Greyhounds As Pets) in Mendota, IL, a few months ago. We had to put down two elderly dogs in the last two years (both 16 years old), and it felt weird not having a dog in the house for the first time in 18 years.

Can't say enough about Greyhounds, they are awesome animals. Low key, affectionate, great around kids, 95% of the time they are couch 'taters.

3. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Here smine. I found him in the bushes almost starved to death. He has had a broken hip when he was younger and it healed a bit off. It gives him a funny limp but it doesnt bother him. He can run jump play.
    Hes got a good home now and all the food he wants.

[​IMG]

4. farna

farna

Some of you guys obviously let your wife pick the dog. You need to get real ones! There is an unspoken rule: shop dogs must be at least knee high. At the top of their head is acceptable, shoulder preferred... Anything smaller than a Cocker Spaniel or Beagle is a house or lap dog. Cockers can be either, but if you've been around Beagles you know why they aren't good to have in the house. And I never have understood bigger dogs in the house -- they need ROOM!! I like dogs, but don't want to fight one for room in the bed or on the couch. And I definitely don't want to have to give up my plate beacuse there's a big mean dog growling at my steak! ;>

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I'M JUST KIDDING!!! My mother-in-law raises Pugs, Poms, and Chihuahuas. What a noisy place!!

5. clemdaddy

clemdaddy

Mike the Dog... put down last october for biting a dude who walked right into our house, completely unannounced. prosecutor said i should have shot the guy instead of my dog biting him... go figure. 120 lbs, very smart... sure miss him.

6. bigken

bigken

This is Jake. 4 year old rescue. When we got him at 7 months, and were told he'd be a runt due to malnurishment/abuse. Well, he is now our 120 pound runt. Best guard dog/companion I've ever had the pleasure of owning in my life. Don't have too many folks willing to wander into the yard without permission.

Attached Files:

7. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

[​IMG]
    Me and "REX" takin a nap,he likes to drives cars (on his own) and drinks beer.......

8. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

yeah,yeah, yeah... But a low ridin weinner dog will share/hog the creeper with ya under your ride and still thinks he can kill the stranger comming in the door. Yes a lap dog, but I don't have to take any pills to lower the blood pressure or to babied to sleep, puts you right out...H
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I'M JUST KIDDING!!! My mother-in-law raises Pugs, Poms, and Chihuahuas. What a noisy place!![/QUOTE]

QUOTE=farna]Some of you guys obviously let your wife pick the dog. You need to get real ones! There is an unspoken rule: shop dogs must be at least knee high. At the top of their head is acceptable, shoulder preferred... Anything smaller than a Cocker Spaniel or Beagle is a house or lap dog. Cockers can be either, but if you've been around Beagles you know why they aren't good to have in the house. And I never have understood bigger dogs in the house -- they need ROOM!! I like dogs, but don't want to fight one for room in the bed or on the couch. And I definitely don't want to have to give up my plate beacuse there's a big mean dog growling at my steak! ;>

9. gowjobs

gowjobs

10. Gracie

Gracie

I saw this big guy at a Target store. The truck was not locked but I doubt anyone would try to carjack it! Yes, his head was as big as the camper window!
    [​IMG]

11. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

We just got a new puppy. A 12 week old Newfoundland(sounds like newfinlan to me:eek: )
    She's just under 40 lbs. now. Should reach 130-150 lbs. :eek: :D

She already likes the garage floor.

Attached Files:

12. Here's my dog fingering himself:

[​IMG]

13. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Tank is my shop dog he don't have a burger stand but is a great dog and a good work out on the end of a rope!!

Attached Files:

14. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Lucy....long gone, but she was a great dog.

Attached Files:

15. sir

sir

desturbing pet...

16. Big Pete

Big Pete

The dogs

Attached Files:

17. This is Yanu, my 3rd generation Junkyard dog(yea his parent gp's and ggp's all ran the same ole ford parts junkyard in Manchester, Tennessee and still do)..He is a 2 year old white German Shepard..and such a punk right now...his hobbies include diddeling the neighbors cat, sniffing hot girls asses (especially in short skirts), ball licking, and like yours Bill(they could be twins)...finding all availible grease, dirt, gook, smudge, schmootz and anything else to contrast his fine white coat...I used to try to keep him snow white... now, I'm content with off white and 50 weight..He is a great trespassing deterent behind my fence...He is my best friend and I love him with all of my heart. yanusmile.JPG

18. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

Lightening Bud

Attached Files:

19. El Bombero

El Bombero

Here's Lincoln:

Attached Files:

20. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Dude thay make a great dog, mine was not a great puppy though, ate the couch, some carpet, several pairs of pants, my favorite hat, and the corners off every table in the house.

21. roddinron

roddinron

I've got a Great Dane that's a little disturbing too, some people say that he's beginning to look like me.

Attached Files:

• cole.jpg
      cole.jpg
      File size:
      36.5 KB
      Views:
  22. Garage Concepts

Garage Concepts

23. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

Here's Roman...aka Romey at 5 months. He's a Pit Bull Great Dane mix and has grown a tad in the past 6 months....:) Romey is gentle with us, but I wouldn't want to be a stranger breaking in here. The Pit in him can come out quickly if he's agitated. He expects to go to the shop with me, loves to ride and digs it when I fire up the race car. He's a great buddy.

Jan

[​IMG]

24. Bazooka

Bazooka

American Pitbull. He'll bark if you approach the property once your in he'll just lick you to death. Best dog I ever owned.

Riddick 7 weeks old
    [​IMG]

11 months old 80lbs
    [​IMG]

25. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Dogs piss on whiewalls...grind them up for taco meat.

26. rustycarr

rustycarr
    from TX

here is mine even though i dont have a shop

Attached Files:

27. suicidal-element

suicidal-element
    from Auburn, CA

28. TheHemmo

TheHemmo
    from Finland

Here is my shop dog Lemmy (14 months). Supervisor of brake renewal on my daily driver...

29. finn34

finn34

here´s our VIHTORI "Saradane's Diesel Truck".He´s Great Dane about 2.5y old

Attached Files:

30. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Hang on there little buddy!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.