Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holy Sh*t!!! It's Snowing In Austin!!!!! O/t

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MR. FORD, Jan 16, 2007.

1. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Can't believe it, but it's actually snowing and sleeting and frozen here in Austin. Two days in a row, supposed to keep going another day or so. They shut down the whole town! I'm trapped at home with my wife!!:eek: Just wanted to show the guys up north that it gets raw down here too!!!:D

Attached Files:

2. Plowboy

Plowboy

That much snow shuts the whole town down?

What a bunch of pussies! Ha Ha Ha

If you drop your ice cream on the floor of Baskin Robbins do they close the store too?

3. Mike

Mike

Yea, yea, but how does it smell there today? Any dead birds lying about?:)

4. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

hahaha suckers, we just had our first snow fall of the winter, im not sure what the hell is happening with the weather but i havent had to shovel snow in over a year and im not complaining. now take your late model daily driver out and do some e-brake slides, the only thing snow is good for.

5. LOL!!! Now that's funny!! And we're snow amatuers compared to GMBs or folks in Buffalo.

6. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

OMG:eek: That is crazy!!!! lol

I had to look twice, lol I thought it was frost :p

7. SilentMind415

SilentMind415
    from Stockton

:confused: Did someone throw a snow cone on your car? :p

8. ray

ray
    from colorado

9. 53burb

53burb

It's snowing outside...crazy weather today in Texas. I was wearing shorts 3 days ago.

Cool, see you soon.
    John aka JOYO JunkieVonJoyo

Got that from him this morning when I was asking if he and the others from S. Austin were going to be at the GNRS here in sunny (but freez'in) Los Angeles. No snow yet for us other then on top of the high altitude mountain regions. Snow looks kool for me when I am driving to work on the 605 North and see the snow capped mountains. KNUX!

10. phat rat

phat rat

Up here we wouldn't think anything of that little bit. This pic is from 1982 we had 120" of snow the month of Jan.that year. Pictured is a big 6X6 Oshkosh with a V-plow on it. This was taken in front of my farm and the mailbox sat right at the shoulder of the road normally

Attached Files:

11. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Thats gotta be the worst snow ive ever seen? R U sure its not frozen dead bird shit?
    Dave

12. No doubt about it... it was caused by

MANBEARPIG!!!

I'm serial!

13. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

I agree, but last time this happened there were a record amount of fender benders in one day. I have lived where it gets cold and snows a lot and this is nothing, but there are a lot of folks here who have never driven on ice or seen snow. They panic quick!! It's best to just stay away, and off the road.

14. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

This shit is crazy!:eek: Saturday and Sunday I was sweating my ass off in the shop installing the trunk drip rails on the A and now I'm sitting here with two pairs of socks, four layers of shirts and coats and I'm freezing my ass off! How the hell do you northerners stand this shit?
    Today, it's not going to get out of the thirties but, then I see on the TV where Kansas has temperatures of 1. ONE! :eek: Does your tougue really stick to the flagpole when you lick it?:cool:

BETTER BRING IN THE BRASS MONKEYS TONIGHT, HONEY!!!:D

15. rixrex

rixrex

So the TV goes on and on about all the roads,schools,businesses that are closed because of frozen roads and bridges, and who calls on the phone? the Department store where my wife works and they want to know whats up. there are a few employees that live in Apts. within walking distance, and she says I'd be there if I could get down my driveway..probably zero customers in the store..there is a pickup truck in the bar ditch out in front of the house.....

16. 53burb

53burb

My dad lives in Lancaster,Ca and it was 3 degrees Sunday morning there. That is only hour drive from Los Angeles. And you from back east and midwest say that it is always sunny and warm here? Not lately. My feet are freezing just sitting here on the HAMB writing this out. KNUX!

17. JTM133

JTM133

I work for Austin EMS and have been hunkered down in the EOC for the last 2 1/2 days-Public Safety has run about 350 vehicle collisions since yesterday...not to mention all the falls, exposure, etc...does not happen enough here for us to really learn how to deal with it...we just react to it...

18. I was living in Austin the last time it snowed there. I think my daughter was about 4, so it would have been 11 years ago. We snagged a piece of carboard and went sledding on the hill by Doss Elementary school on Far West Blvd, west of Mopac about a half mile. Great sled hill!

19. 46stude

46stude

We Texans get our revenge on you Yankees when summer rolls around & y'all cry about 100 degree temps. Pussies. :D

20. Enginetuner

Enginetuner

WOOO HOOOO, can't wait for the insurance checks from all the wrecks coming our way... I guess that's a bit morbid but we need the money, sleet baby sleet!!!

21. I'm worried about Stinky...

22. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

Im a mile out side of austin ! and it`s cold ! I don`t care what any of you yank`s say !

Attached Files:

23. Hay HAMBs!!!

No shit,,, its slipery then shit out ther.. I was shooing away some bats last nite and fell on my can

Any body gots spare carbords!!!??? Ol Stinky wants to do him some sleddin

May be Ill try out for the O-limpic team in the one man drunk looge

USA! USA! USA!

Laters HAMBs

Stinky out

24. We don't even have snow in Massachusetts!!

25. extremist

extremist

I learned to drive in ice and snow, and when I was a kid we'd powerslide around the deserted roads all night in blizzards drinking beer.

Here I stay as far away from icy roads as possible. You don't know fear until you drive on icy roads with Texans. :D

26. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

Got about an inch a couple of days ago in Upstate NY, but it's gone already. Nice winter for a change

27. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

mmmmmm, flag pole I wish I had a flag pole !

28. That is indeed a lot of snow, but you may want to check your archives. That picture says "May 78" in the lower right hand corner.

29. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

I took some Nyquil last night and over slept. Woke up and called work and noone has answered all day. Ice and snow covering the Dodge, I cant wait till this is over. Gotta get back to work.

30. phat rat

phat rat

LOL Your right I got the years mixed up. But it was in Jan. 82 when we got the 120" Forgot this was from the storm the end of Jan 78 didn't get near as much that Jan.