Register now to get rid of these ads!

// "The 32" The Unicorn \\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty2, Jan 15, 2007.

1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Awesome... it gives hope that they're still out there...

2. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

As soon as I saw that hood tach, last night, It rang a distant bell. Seems I vaguely remember us looking at a car at the cruise-in burger place close to downtown. I can't ever remember the name of that place.

I don't remember the car, but just recognizing the hood tach like yours. Couldn't be that many.

Anyhow, I like the hood tach. I know that you won't keep it on there. Not sure if I would either, actually. But for some reason I do kinda like it.

3. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Wow...you are very lucky to get the coupe. Looking forward to seeing it in person at the Roundup.

4. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

danny that`s great ! I heart 5 window`s , I miss the sedan already ! where did it go ? hope it found a good home !

5. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

6. Rusty

Rusty

Too Cool!!!! Dad I am so glad I could help. This has been a very stressful last couple weeks, looking, searching, etc. Just to add to the story alittle, Yesterday at lunch I was at the army store looking for tent material and I happen to have my Dirty's jacket on. I had my hands in my pockets and felt a card. I pulled the card out and it was the owner of the 32. I said I am gonna try one more time. It had been about 2 weeks since he said no. So I call him, tell him we got the original price cash that he originaly wanted. Luckily he was a honest man and stood by his word. So we had to give the extra thousand for it which was no big deal. This was the car my dad sold the Tudor to get. I just cant put enough emphasis on yesterday from 12-3:30 pm. I think we got to Grand Prarie Texas in record time. We were both running around like Chickens with out heads cut off. So we got it loaded up and back safely on the coldest day in Texas so far. Even stopped at the beer store to celebrate one. I am very happy he got it. he has wanted one for years and years. It is funny to think that this is 75th annivesary for the 32 and in 10 years Dannyelle will be able to drive it to the 85th anniversary with her own License. Congrats pops and once again thanks to the HAMB for all the kind words and help on searching for a Coupe. You guys ROCk!!!!!

History on the car
    one owner car up till this owner. Car came out of Abilene, tx. Been in Texas its whole life. Was hot rod that was getting changed into a Parade cruiser. Looks to have had either a early Pontiac or Buick Nailhead with starter on the drivers side. Has the typical move the steering box in to clear the starter. With the Pontiac tack it makes me wonder or believe it had maybe early 389. I dont know but we well be getting in touch with the previous owner to see about the whole history, etc. Friday night the thrash will start so looks like the 38 will be on the backburner. For once we will be thrashing on something for my pops for the Roundup. Heres some pics.

Good ole Downtown Dallas. If you have seen the latest MFS 4 you will recognize this shot

[​IMG]

Here he is peeking out ( I had to pee so bad about rite now)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Frank

Frank

Congrats guys! Can't wait to see the work in progress.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie

Great Score!!! Damn I Love that car. You going to bring it to Dewey?

FF

9. That is so cool! Glad you got it.

10. kentucky

kentucky

Awesome! Congrats!

11. dirty2 congrats,
    pretty hard to beat an old hot rod, can't wait to see it after you give it a shave and a haircut.
    Al.

12. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

Danny, I told you one was out there for ya.
    Now I bet your're happy I change my mind
    on letting mine go.
    You are a lucky dude. That car is beautiful.
    Trade? Ha. Ha.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    opossum benders
    central missouri chapter
    Vagabonds cc

13. what a great story, and find. couldn't happen to a better guy! and girl!!!

BTT

14. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

The more I look at pics at that car the more I seem to think I have seen it before...it had to be around in the mid to late 80's on the street.

The interior seems familiar also.

I wonder if I have any pics of it in a drawer some place at my parents. I used to have pics from Fenders and some other places from back then.

I am gonna have to try and find those.

I wonder how long it has been red?

15. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Oh man Danny! I'm so glad you got it. See, I told you man...if it's meant to be it will happen. Well, it happened! Congrats man! Too freaking cool. You're not going to know what to do with all that head room. It's gonna look like a tall T Coupe with you driving it.

Killer man!
    monkey

16. Dirty2

Dirty2

Yea it was really hard to work on starters and not work on the 32. I did get all the old wiring cut out. The fire wall cleaned up , and the drivers side fenders off. I got the LaSalle trans and clutch,pressure plate , and bell housing in today. Cant wait to get that 331 and std trans in it. The rear wheels and tires must weigh 100 lbs each. Thanks for all the heads up.
    Danny

17. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

Pics...

18. Dirty2

Dirty2

Let me down load some..

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...note to self...remind Danny to carry camera at all times during build...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Dirty2

Dirty2

Here we go . Look at this mess.

Attached Files:

21. Dirty2

Dirty2

Good metal under the fenders

Attached Files:

22. Dirty2

Dirty2

last ones today

Attached Files:

23. It always entertains me to think how good some rods 'can' look, purely by removing all the junk.........

New engine, wiring, hairpins, headlights, happy days.........

Again, congrats,

Drewfus:D

24. Rusty

Rusty

I cant wait, It will be fully Youtube available, The whole thrash together, and yes it will be at the ROUNDUP

Rusty

25. pecker head

pecker head

Dang , thats COOL !

26. Elrusto

Elrusto

You mean to tell me that you called me today to tell me that you almost bid against me on e-pay and ask about the pilot bearing for the Caddy and you forgot to tell me about this?!?!?!?:confused:

Coolness man!!!:D

27. Dirty2

Dirty2

I forgot .

28. Dirty2

Dirty2

And when I finally get to drive it on youtube they will be bleeping me out also..

29. Elrusto

Elrusto

That's my line!!:D

30. whats with that Camaro sub frame?