Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cole Foster '36 in Street Rodder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 392_hemi, Jan 8, 2007.

1. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Just got the latest issue with a feature on the '36 Ford Cole did for the rock star dude. If you thought it looked good in bare metal, you gotta' see these photos. Unf*cking believable. I'm not much for hero worship, but the body and paint on this thing are amazing. Don't care much for the interior, late model motor, or guitar in the trunk, but the rest is about as good as it gets.

2. Glen

Glen

interesting, I have not picked up a street rodder mag in 5 years.....maybe I will buy this one.

3. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Awesome looking car. Here's a rear shot of the car in paint. I used to have a front shot as well, but don't know what happened to it.

The stance and chop are just perfect.

[​IMG]

4. Spike!

Spike!

I was wondering what the progress report on that car was. Nice job Cole.

Spike

5. keith089

keith089

His new chop is on the new issue of the Horse.

6. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Can't believe that car used to be a 5 window. amazing work, don't care too much for the guitar compartment but if that is what the owner wants , that's what he gets.

7. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

here ya go

Attached Files:

8. 53SledSleeve

53SledSleeve

considering who the owner of the car is, you'd almost have to expect a guitar compartment somewhere in the car. that is, after all, what payed to have that car built. gorgeous car....everything about it.

9. tragic59

tragic59

What's not to like about that interior?

Looked great to me.

10. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

amazing metalwork, amazing car.

RRR

11. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Yeah. I just don't get why they had to upholster the compartment in 1970's-looking shag carpet orange. :D

And, for all the people who said the interior looks bad, I expected it to be a lot worse than it is. Granted, It's not my favorite...but it still looks good.

12. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

That car is bad-ass.

you would have to play guitar to understand.

That ugly material is usually what lines a guitar case.

13. Stone

Stone

sweet. Is there anything Cole can't do?

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What's wrong with the interior? Subtle, clean, simple colors, killer instrument panel. Why say anything about it? The guitar case? Outstanding and unobtrusive. I can't even speak to what the car is. Maybe something like "how to out do yourself" would be close. I don't know Cole other than here and the TRJ story. Stunning car. One of many. Thanks for postin some more of it.

15. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I see nothing wrong with the car and interior or the guitar in the rear, overall perfect car.. Big props. COLE....

16. I was wonderin' the same thing :confused:. Looks fairly traditional to me. I like it better than the cars parked stance.

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

18. gmgrunt

gmgrunt

the flowing lines on that car are simply beautiful! I would love to have it!

19. TRuss

TRuss

I think the car looks great as well. From what I could see of the interior it looked nicely done. When someone mentioned late model I was expecting bucket seats and a plastic center console. The guitar compartment is cool. But it would have been much cooler with a 335 or some other hollow body electric in the back. That's what I would have chose anyway. Is this one for Billy Gibbons?

20. TRuss

TRuss

I just noticed that the person mentioned a late model engine, not an interior. I should learn to read.

21. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Interior is nicely done, I just don't care for the pattern they used on the seat and headliner. Kinda art deco or something, I dunno. I'm sure it's a quality job, I just woulda styled it a bit differently.

22. Chopper Demon

Chopper Demon

Cole is the man and he really knows how to build a bad-ass kustom, he is #1 in my book.:D

23. Plowboy

Plowboy

Now this is just a rumor, so don't go repeating it, but I heard he could fly and walk on water as well......Ha Ha Ha

That car is one of my favorites of all time. I would like to build a classy car one of these days when I quit screwing around with weird fins and the like. Unbelievable metal work. I was hoping that maybe it would make it to Detroit or some other midwest show so I could check it out in person.

24. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

wow... looks amazing.
    Great car, great guitarist and great build!
    congrat's to Kirk and Cole, for a job well done:)
    Blessings,
    CAB

25. 53baldmohawk

53baldmohawk
    from Valencia

Why was Kirk's car not on the cover? it was on the top very small with the words to the side of it saying FIBERGLASS TOP CHOP. i amost din't look at the mag. to Cole and his crew hats off. that car left me breathless.:D

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Black cars don't sell magazines.

27. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

That car is one of the most perfect 36' fords.......no, one of the most perfect cars ever built. I mean, everything about it is so "right" Every body mod is perfectly executed. The interior is great. The colors, the materials, the patterns. I cant get enough of it. I was tempted to read the article for that car before I read the article on mine. ha.

28. If you ever get a chance to see this car up close, do it. Better than a lapdance.

29. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

this racisism is killin' me.....hahahaha

30. RF

RF

You asked a question that you answered with your very next sentence.
    The reason it was on top is simple: Li'l John paid more.