Register now to get rid of these ads!

until we meet again........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCK_RAT, Dec 26, 2006.

1. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

well its been a good year since i got back but i got that itch again and so i'm off and away back to the big sandbox. restlessness makes you do stupid shit sometimes so i took a civilian job in iraq so...... no more work on the 36 and probably no hamb drags. but when i get back you better be ready for the slickest damn 36 chevy pickup you've ever seen. you'd be surprised how well you can plan out a project when you can't work on it and all you've got is the ability to build dreams(and cash flow).

so here's to those who wish us well...
    and all the rest can go to hell.

Attached Files:

2. Best of luck . . . and stay out of harms way if at all possible. I put down my hotrods for about 25 years - amazing all the "imagineering" one does when you aren't able to actually work on them. I'm happy to be back in the thick of it and putting my ideas to "steel". I'm sure your ride will be way cool - looking forward to seeing it some day.

The first hot-rod I worked on was an early 36 Chevy pickup - at the ripe old age of 13. It was what I learned to drive in - had a simple 283, 3 speed and a 57 Chevy rear. It would be called a RAT ROD for sure . . . but my Uncle (who built it) took the time to help me learn and get into the sport. The truck is long gone and my Uncle just passed away, but I do have the grille hanging up in my workshop - will be something I keep forever.

Keep us posted from the big sand box . . .

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...blowin' off a little steam?...

Good Luck over there....

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Good luck man and happy New Year.

5. You da man! Be safe and hurry back to the hotrod.

6. TTFN
    Keep your head low and faith high.

7. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Get a tan sucka! I'll have a little extra space in the shop when you get back...

8. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

yeah you know how well us redheaded freckly kinds tan what's the extra room

9. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

I worked in mideast arab country for two years. Saved a lot of bucks and observed strange people whose brains are programed VERY different from ours.

10. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I'll be DONE with mine when you get back. I may even get it tagged & insured. Prolly not.

11. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Pay off them bills, come back home safe..
    Good luck...

12. Thank you for your service. Pass this along to your fellow servicemen as well. You guys are a notch above! Well wishes.

13. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Thanks man! Guys like you are one in a million.
    God Bless

14. I'm just a newbie kid here and don't know anybody yet, but what you're doing is something we all can appreciate. Best of luck to you, stay safe.

15. bigken

bigken

Dude - good luck, and keep your head down. We got a bud over there now, for 2 years so far, and another to go.
    Be safe. God-Speed.

16. I don't know you Truck Rat but maybe I'll see you there. Supposed to be heading back myself sometime in the not too distant future, 19-D here.

17. Gumpa

Gumpa

Hey man a piece of advice. Keep a Journal every day while you are there. Get everybodys names and where they are from and take photos of everything you can. Especially if you see a roadside bombing or any other senerios. I am a Service Officer for the American Legion helping Vets and the biggest problem is NO PAPER TRAIL. Send this stuff home regularly to someone that will take care of it. Then the most important advice. Come Home Safe. Gumpa

18. Watch yer ass...............and come home in one piece. Hope ya come home rich.
    I spent 3 years mentally building my 57 Pontiac in Germany in the late 60's. Filled several notebooks with sketches and ideas.
    BTW, I just sold my rust-free 36 chevy pickup and kinda regret it now, Hardest part to find was the driver's inside door panel. Most of 'em have the bottom 4 inches gone from rust...
    A little photo of my old 36:

Attached Files:

19. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

Good luck and stay safe.