Register now to get rid of these ads!

WOO-HOO .. Got me a RIVVI !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skipperman, Dec 10, 2006.

1. skipperman

skipperman

yea man .... Sittin' in a garage in jersey waitin' on me for 26 years !!! Just got it home ... put a battery in it and everything except the power antenna WORKS !!! Gonna' try and make it run over the next few days ....engine is free ( The 401 NAILHEAD )..... has 21,462 miles on the clock and lookin' at the interior, pedals,etc,etc .. It just MIGHT BE !!! man --i'm STOKED !! always wanted one of these ..... Guess I got my winter project ... YEE--HAHHH !!
    take a look ......... first time in daylight in over a quarter of a century ... ( washed and cleaned of course....)

............... Jersey Skip

Attached Files:

2. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

ain"t it hell to hate somebody ya don"t even know? always liked"em too. nice find

3. cheddar

cheddar
    from missouri

man i wish that could happen to me. been lookin' for one of those for years now. the car looks great enjoy it

4. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

You suck. I hate you. Give me the car and all will be forgiven

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Congrats... awesome car, I WILL have one some day...

6. Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

If I weren't so happy for you, I would be jealous and hateful. ;) Nice score.

7. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

Very nice...definately one of my "gotta have" cars. Let us know when you get it running, and post some more pics:)

8. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

what you got lined up for it

9. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

used to race some at atco while i was in ft dix, now why can't i post about a 65 biscayne big block car and this riv can?, dont get it, but I do like the riv man.. good project......

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That's the color too... desert mist... lucky bastard!

11. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

one of my favorites had one in high school gran sport duel quads ac loaded .held its own against chevelles, camaros, mustangs,mopars, i miss it a lot 30 years later.great score, good luck

12. skipperman

skipperman

he he he ...... hey -- I DID offer it to you first .....remember ?? When I saw it --- it was MINE !!!!

...... Jersey skip

13. Gary N

Gary N
    from Maryland

I had a '63 that I bought in 1969 for $800. Got 8 miles to the gallon but gas was about $.30 per gallon then. Loved that car. Not trying to make a sob story, but I had to sell the car in 1973 so I could get home to my Dads' funeral. Sold if for the price of a plane ticket. I think it was $250. Just a few years ago you pick up a nice one for about $7,000. They're getting expensive now. Yours is beautiful you lucky man!!!

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why can't you? The 64 deal is for the ads. Great score you lucky fucker! I for one would love to see/hear of an ass kickin Biscayne from back in the day. Those were definately NOT muscle cars but a carryover from a day soon to be gone forever. Now if it was a 65 Chevelle I could see a degree of mis-placement. Am I alone here?

15. Way cool

60s Rivieras look sooooo evil... :cool:

what are your plans for it ?

16. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Lookin' good Skip! Hope to see it in the spring!

Nick

17. skipperman

skipperman

To tell ya the truth ... the 65 Riv is probably the ONLY car that gets thru the crack ..... "ya see -- the boss LOVES Rivs and they're so alike he lets them slide ..... do a search --find a bunch of pics/posts about the 65 Riv ......

. jersey Skip

18. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well i am putting one together just got it back on chassis .. all new 468 turbo 400 dog dish , red lines, etc old ladys car rust free...

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True enough and I agree about the similarity of the 63-65. My question is regarding the application vs the year. We got a Thunderbolt post going and if ever there was a musclecar...but it is no doubt historic. I figure that since they raced the full size cars in the early days and there were some holdouts to those. And there were a few 65s with the 409...awesome and kool as hell. It is a really good lookin car. Fuckin near as nice as a Riv:D

20. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Welcome to the Club!
    Along from all the cool stuff about Rivi's is the fact that who could afford these back in the early-mid '60's? Dentist, Lawyers, Doctors? They were so advanced on the LUX scale then.

21. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Yea, yea...........in 6 months you'll have it on here for sale. You don't deserve such a nice piece! You've gotten rid of more nice cars in the past year than I've owned in my life!!! YOU SUCK!!! ;)

22. skipperman

skipperman

Pat .... Now you know most of the stuff I posted was for friends ( you probably got the pics up for me) I'm not THAT fickle man ......... I only WISH they were all mine .....I DID get to drive some COOOL stuff tho' ........ hey --did ya notice I finally can POST PICS ???

........ skip

23. That is sweeeeeeeeeeet! Nice score. Astros? Thin-line whites? :)

I know that's what everyone does, but man it looks soooooo good!

24. repoguy

repoguy

65 Rivieras are totally GAY!!!

Especially mine.

25. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Excellent score, nice looking car.

26. steele138

steele138

Sweet car I've always wanted one of those;liked them since my aunt lou got one new in 65,i was 4;thougt it was the coolest
    steele

27. leadsled01

leadsled01

Welcome to the buick guild.. I love it man.

28. skipperman

skipperman

Yea...... 'Cept WIDE WHITES !!!!!!!!!

................ Jeraey Skip

29. Nice car, I miss my 64 Riviera some times, great riding and driving cars. 65 is the best looking of the 63-65 series.

30. shop rag

shop rag