Register now to get rid of these ads!

59 Pontiac Rustalina UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by isthatacar, Dec 12, 2006.

1. isthatacar

isthatacar

So I'm being really picky about tiny details with this car. One of the things I was insistant about was not having electrical junk for poppers and what not cluttering up my door jams. So instead of going the electrical route to open my doors, I designed this nifty little mechanical button. The next step is to move the lock down near side trim so it doesn't look like out of place. I also have some more filing to do around the button to do, it's mostly done.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oh and I got a portion of floor in. Disregard the ugly upholstry on the seats.... They swivel and slide, so I wasn't completely out of my mind when I took them home. Oh look (why am I posting this picture?), you can see where I dropped a 20 foot 2x6 through my windshield.... Good thing it was already cracked in a couple places...
    [​IMG]

Well that's all kids.

2. slacker91

slacker91
    from Emmaus, PA

very nice. i like it

3. That a universal pan or made for '59-'60 Pontiac? Looks good - that car originally "sierra copper", or more of a gold color? Looks like it's the same color mine was.

If you weren't already aware, your windshield can be replaced out of any of the '59 GM hardtops except the big body Caddy/98/Electra 225. Just has to be a hardtop - removing and installing won't be a picnic though.

4. chitbox dodge

chitbox dodge
    from dunlap tn

slick and simple...two thumbs up.

5. Squablow

Squablow

The buttons are neat, but the seats are wild. Where did you score those? They look really '70s wild lowrider-ish. Were they out of something custom? A van maybe? I like 'em.

6. isthatacar

isthatacar

They were indeed out of a Van. Though I'd hesitate to call them 70's lowrider. There was a VERY popular show car built in 59/60 called the busonic that had swiveling buckets identical to those ones. Which was the deciding factor for buying these ones.

7. isthatacar

isthatacar

RustyNewYorker,

I made the floorpan. I actualy deleted the foot wells for the back seat to make a flat surface for the mounting plates on the front seats.

There is also a company out here that makes brand new windshields for the 59/60 gm lineup, so I'll probably go with that. Luckily my back glass in perfect. Learning my lesson, I removed it from the car and put it in a safe place....

And the original exterior color on the car was white. I think it was called empire white... But am probably wrong on that. The interior color that is on it now isn't even in my paint chip codes, so I don't know.