Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vagabonds - Lancaster, Pa. - 1962

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Good Wood, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

Here's a pic that was in the local paper today. The Vagabonds were the kool club among many in this area. They started up again recently, with most of the original members and quite a few new ones. Their rides dominated the regional indoor show scene back then, and filled the streets and parking lot of the Little Pig drive-in restaurant nightly.

I was invited to join around '59-'60. I was just 16 then with my first car, a customized '50 ford, and just a little intimidated by these older guys and their incredible cars. I've been a dedicated motorhead ever since, and still have most of their cars indelibly etched in my mind. They never knew the inspiration they were to me, and I'm sure, to many others.

Attached Files:

• scan.jpg
      scan.jpg
      File size:
      71.6 KB
      Views:
  2. noboD

noboD

Good wood, cool picture. Would we recognise any names from the club? How about some more pics from back then?

3. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

4. haring

haring

I'd be interested to see the photo and article larger. I'd like to read the article and get a better look at that scene.

You may need to rescan it. If you need any help, PM or email me.

5. Duck

Duck
    from Pasco, WA

I'm pretty sure you have Foxie Elder in that pic, Dick McGlaughlin (sp?) and Mex Rhiner. I'm good friends with Fox and he has a large print of that picture framed and a reproduction of that original banner (red with white letters). He also runs his original club plaque on his 50 Merc.

-Duck