Register now to get rid of these ads!

attn. police, bite my A@#

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tensecsprint, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tensecsprint

tensecsprint

I dont know if its a kid thing or what but I got pulled over last night
    an hour and seven charges on tickit later I was free to go.
    charges included unreasonable exhast, tires not of high way design,
    noise violation, exposed tires, altered suspention, and no seat belts.
    for god sakes its a hot rod, why do they always pic on the cool cars. I seen a 68 L-88 vette get pulled over for driving next to a beater nova, what the hell is happening out there, I dont dare drive my 56 on the street on a weekend, I get nothing but death stares from the cops.
    the thing they said the most was this thing is a death trap. I know this. I trust that chassis and suspention much more than any durango on the road and guess what they where driving, yep one of the ones that the ball joint just comes out when your doing 70mph
    well my court date is jan 15 I'll see what happens

2. tensecsprint

tensecsprint

almos forgot, if you want to donate to the keep dusty out of jail fund just pm me HAHA

3. BadLuck

BadLuck

I hear ya.....good luck...

4. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

highly intelligent title.

5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Don't lay down, fight the bastards!!! I don't know for sure how it is in Colorado, but in NJ and DE your first date for your ticket is merely to enter a plea to the charges. Write a letter to the municipal court that has the jurisdiction on your tickets and enter your "not guilty" plea. They should then assign you a court date. At the same time you enter your appearance, write a second letter requesting "discovery" in regards to your ticket. What Discovery is is requesting the officer's notes and his police report on your matter, which is the evidence the prosecutor is using to charge you. It's like playing poker and being able to look at your opponent's hand. If you're beat, you're beat. But often times there are ways to get around bullshit laws. Also, find out what section of the law you are being charged with breaking. www.findlaw.com might be of some help to you. On your trial date, dress well and be prepared, and speak with the prosecutor about pleading out some of the fines. Maybe pleading guilty to a couple may get a couple thrown out...this is a common practice that saves you some money and greases the wheels of the criminal justice system. Know your rights and good luck!

6. lik2writ

lik2writ
    from NY

I count 6, what was the 7th charge? Just curious since my ass biting days are ancient history.

7. wow...maybe you need to move out of colorado. :eek:

8. Godspeed

Godspeed

Cops have bad days too.

I went to challenge a ticket my Ex (thenm my wife) got in a small town in Michigan. Turns out the Judge let me go with a substitute $40 fix it ticket (the other option was $300+ and report of a moving violation to my insurance company). When I happily told the lady at the front that this judge was nice, she let the gossip slip out that the judge was letting all sorts of people off easy that had a ticket by this cop. It seems that the cop had been going through a nasty divorce and child custody case. I know that I was a real ass to my coworkers when I got a divorce.

Bottom line; it wouldn't hurt to go in to the Judge, and it doesn't help to piss off the Cop any time!

9. markanthony

markanthony

to the point or not too the point... what was the initial reason you were pulled over and what made the officer start looking for things?

10. Track-T

Track-T

Fort Collins or Loveland?
    Or were you out in the farm land? They had a few ugly ones out in the
    sticks when I lived there, They had alot of problems with street racing
    with the younger set so they were on the look out for anyone who
    they thought "fit the mold".

11. Model40-770

Model40-770
    from LOUISIANA

one thing though........at that cars age.....i thought if it didn't come from the factory you didn't have to HAVE seatbelts in it....even if it was state law........yes i know they can be a good thing....i have a friend that wouldn't be here if he was wearing his....van was tore up so bad only thing that saved him was being thrown out......on the other had have friend that is gone.....truck landed on him......like flipping a coin.......but check the law on every little thing.....might get to get most of it thrown out........

12. Jimv

Jimv

A few things 1:Is your exhaust unreasonable?
    2:Are your tires not of highway quility(state standards, not yours)?
    3:Is your car noisey?
    4:Are your tires exposed?
    5:Is your suspension altered?
    6:Do you have seat belts( kinda hard to deny!!lol)?
    If theses are true YOUR GUILTY!!lol
    What happen is you just got your balls broke by a asshole cop!! Happens all the time & if you live in a small town it will keep happening!!
    He'll keep seeing you and pulling you over, some cops get off on that, some just like to masterbate to get off!!lol
    best bet is to plead"not guilty " and hope it gets tied up in the system long enough for them to lose interest, happens alot.
    "Equippment" violations are very hard to bet, its in black & white,!! Like the seat belts you either have them or you don't.You might get it thrown out if you prove to them that you installed them & show them, but besides that its cut & dry.
    Sorry dude it happens all the time.
    JimV

13. Villlage Idiot

Villlage Idiot

Just a guess but I would say the 7th charge came about when he told the cop "Bite my A@#" Most of them don't like that!!

14. Jimv

Jimv

If the state law says you have to be " wearing seat belts when operating a vehicle on the public streets of Jerkwater ,USA" then you have to be wearing them!!! If your car doesn't have them you have to put them in,no matter what age or if they didn't come with them. the law doesn't say "if equipped".
    Just like a motorcycle helmet, if your on a 47 harley that was made before helmet laws you still have to wear one.
    I know the big arguemnet about this is the "1" taillight on cars, But if you have one you have to use hand signals!!.It doesn't say " if your car only came with one tail light you can make turns without signaling"
    this has been gone over alot in state laws & they always win!!
    Besides he was written up for "no seatbelts" In the car, if he questions that they'll probably give him a ticket for Not wearing them also!!lol( kinda a catch 22)
    Most of the time when this happens theres a reason for it,I'm 57 yrs old &i drive my T bucket like a real jerk!! i dragrace anybody who pulls up next to me, i smoke tires when i can , i squeeze thru the middle of 2 open wheeled roadster doing 70 down the middle of a 2 lane road & i never get pulled over !! ( knock on wood).Why? because i look like a "old man"( i am!!lol)
    Face it Youth is picked on by the police, use to happen to me all the time in 1966 when a had a mustang.
    JimV

15. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Dunno about CO laws on seatbelt, but here in Ohio, they're only required in cars made AFTER 1967, when the Feds made it manditory for them to be in cars. I had a similar situation with my '65 Beetle a good 20 years ago and beat it before the officer could even get it on the ticket. She said she was going to write me up for that and I requested that she look into it. She called her dispatcher and I was off the hook for that on. Still got the speeding ticket though ;-(

Look into it.

16. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Over the years I have learned that a LOT of cops are really into cars. But they are people doing a job just like the rest of us, and there are good apples and bad apples.

Unfortunately the drivers age does have a lot to do with it. The Mich State police look at my Dart, and it get's their attention. Then they look at me, and they turn their heads the other way and go about thier business. Being 40 vs being 20 makes a big difference. The other thing that can make a difference is if the car looks well cared for. Like it or not, spit and polish do make a difference in a cops eyes. I think that is one of the down sides of rat rods. They may be very safe, but if the appear "ratty" then it will draw unwanted attention.

My second car is a 95 Intrepid with a bizillion miles on it. The front end was banged up last year and it has rust spots showing through. I got pulled over for no seatbelt by a state trooper. It was simply a brain fart on my part cuz I always wear the thing. It happened on a day off so I was in grubby clothes. The trooper showed no mercy. If I had been in the minivan, they would not have looked twice. If I had been in the Intrepid but dressed for the office, I would probably have gotten off with a warning. I knew I was hung because I was dressed grubbly and was driving a "bomb."

It is unfortunate that things are this way, but that's reality. There are some good suggestions posted in this thread. I hope things work out for you.

17. scarylarry

scarylarry

I'd love to see a photo of the car in question.

18. Exactlly what I was thinking.-MIKE;)

19. It's been years since I got nailed for equipment (probably cause I'm OLD) but my T I fabbed fenders out of a 55 gallon drum with 1/8 X 1 inch straps welded to them . and drilled two 1/8 holes in my headers stuffed some steel wool up the pipes stuck a short piece of welding rod thru the pipes and found a state trooper to sign off my ticket then took those stupid ugly fenders off and threw them out behind the garage in case I ever needed them again.
    fix what you can and fight the rest
    I used to look them cops right in the eye and called them assholes. got 61 tickets in 18 months, licence suspended, then revoked for driving on a suspended, then went to jail for 3 days for driving with a altered fake license. finially figured out they weren't going to stop till I did.
    I didn't stop driving fast and crazy with the lights out, but I did change my attitude when I got stopped and have only had 5-7 tickets in the last 30 years

20. jonnyquest

jonnyquest
    from Nebraska

Sounds like you've got a problem on your hands.

First off, when you go for your first court date, plead "Not Guilty" and ask for a trial. That will buy you additional time to get things fixed and/or talk to an attorney. At that hearing, you also might get a read on whether the prosecutor wants to mess around with this ticket. I was a prosecutor for years, and I hated technical tickets like this because they were time-consuming and in many cases, difficult to prove.

Second, call an attorney and talk to them about the charges. Find a good defense attorney who specializes in DUI, reckless driving, motor vehicle accidents, etc. They have heard all this before, and know which charges will stick and which won't. Also, they usually have a relationship with the prosecutor and might be able to make some, if not most of the charges go away (it ain't cheap, but its well worth it if your driving privleges are hanging by a thread).

Third, be ready to fix the problems in a helluva hurry. A lot of times, the prosecutor will dismiss charges if he/she can see that you've taken care of the problems and the vehicle is being made safe.

Unfortunately, you're learning that rods get a lot of attention from law enforcement. You can raise hell all day and night in a "cookie cutter" vehicle, but if you're out of line in a "death trap," they're going to target you. You'll have to be extra careful just because of how the car looks. You also need to remember that cops hate a smartass. If you get pulled over in the future, everything should be "yes sir/ma'am, no sir/ma'am." If you're cool, you're a lot less likely to rack up the charges. Whether you like it or not, when you're pulled over, they're in charge, so you gotta play by their rules. It doesn't mean you have to agree with them, but politeness certainly helps--even if you end up going to trial on the ticket.

21. Attitude is everything . . . especially in a small town where everybody knows who you are by what car you happen to be driving.

Once you piss them off and/or show them an attitude when they pull you over --- kiss it good bye, as they'll be riding your ass. I'm not a cop, but I bet that if I was in their shoes and somebody gave me a bunch of grief AND I knew their car wasn't close to legal, then when I was bored . . . they might just bring me some enjoyment. They absolutely know who is going to win this battle . . . and it won't be you.

It sounds like you and your car are standing out like a sore thumb . . . unless something changes (and it probably won't be the cops), then only you can make your life any easier.

I too would like to see a picture of the car . . . just to gauge what my first impression would be.

Best of luck . . . take the high road and you'll be better off. :D

22. cheddar

cheddar
    from missouri

man i would so be in jail right now

23. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

In all state requiring inspections, seat belts are only required if the car was manufactured with seat belts...doesn't matter that the law says you must be wearing seat belts if your car wasn't manufactured with them.

Now, if you've done massive mods on the car...you probably lose this one too...you mod it, you mod the seat belts too.

Same with turn signals. Same with all pieces of the car. If it wasn't originally manufactured with it, you don't have to have it....UNLESS you've done massive mods to take it away from original.

Either you pissed off the cop somehow or he was having a bad day. YOu got good advice with the plea of not guilty and discovery. Cops just can't determine your tires are bad, they have standard to follow and if yours were bad, pay the fine and move on.

Honestly, if your car has that many violations, I as a rodder and a old car owner don't want you on the roads. Your actions create issues for all of us where safety of the public is concerned.

24. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, there's 3 sides to every story...your's, their's, and the truth. Any real reason that we should offer any encouragement other than you're on the HAMB and have a hot rod?

I too wanna see the car. There's asshole cops in every town but there must be more to the story. Enquiring minds wanna know:D

25. Just how old are you? It's called the real world for a reason.

26. Someone should really send a link to this to the local police where "tensecsprint" lives.

You got pulled over for some reason. I'd be willing to bet your shitty attitude lead to the additional charges. I'd bet they're legit too.

Dumbass newbie.

Anyone here with any sense doesn't feel sorry for you. Learn to show a little respect - it'll get you a whole lot further than a "punk rock" attitude & a piece of shit beater.

JH

27. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

28. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

''Unfortunately, you're learning that rods get a lot of attention from law enforcement. You can raise hell all day and night in a "cookie cutter" vehicle, but if you're out of line in a "death trap," they're going to target you. You'll have to be extra careful just because of how the car looks. You also need to remember that cops hate a smartass. If you get pulled over in the future, everything should be "yes sir/ma'am, no sir/ma'am." If you're cool, you're a lot less likely to rack up the charges. Whether you like it or not, when you're pulled over, they're in charge, so you gotta play by their rules. It doesn't mean you have to agree with them, but politeness certainly helps--even if you end up going to trial on the ticket."

"Playing by my rules."I never ever call a Police officer sir.Sir is privilege earned not demanded.You should call a policeman by their title,officer.You don't owe them more than that.Police can and do abuse thier office.
    I worked in a tattoo shop that Officers would frequent once a month.
    The firsr time they came in they were smoking cigarettes and drinking beer.I explained that smoking and drinking were not allowed by law.A couple of them put their smokes out on the linoleum.They told me to f... off they would drink where they pleased.This was around 15 people, all drunk,all ubnoxious, all assholes.When they told me the design they wanted I finally figured out who they were.Some kind of click (gang) inside the Los Angeles sheriffs department.I made my stencil and prepaired the tattoo.While I'm doing this one by one they come around the dummy wall,and lay their pistols on my station.So now I'm tattooing with all these guns laying all over the place when one of them picks up the pistol of the guy I'm working on and sticks it in his own mouth.He asks the guy if it's chambered ,is the saftey on,while biting down on the barrel.Now they finally pissed me off.It's my shift and if the gun goes off I have to clean up the mess. I don't like these guys.I really don't like these guys.The design they all got was a set of crossed sabers with a skull in a diamond and some lettering.I made every handle on every sword into a dick head.I worked in that shop for more than two years and once a month they would show up.The same drunk asshole crew with a couple of newbies to get another set of dickhead swords.When I finally came back to the midwest I changed the stencil and as far as I know they could be still getting dickheads.Yes officer,is the only sign of respect they get from me.

29. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

let's see a picture of that bad ass ride

30. Awfully judgemental... not to start a bunch of shit, because thats not really the point of this. I have a piece of shit beater and a "punk rock" attitude also. I suppose I got some shit to learn,huh?... I also have a good driver discount from Geico, a commercial DL with all but one endorsement (sp?), and havent had a ticket in 7 years? Im not a truck driver either. Im a dumbass Roughneck. Small town cops can be dicks. My example... getting pulled over pushing my motorcycle home from the bar at 3 am, and getting threatened with a drunk in public. I could walk straight , but being too drunk to drive was my excuse for pushing. The same cop had been hitting on my wife (who works at the courthouse) and got told where to go by her. That kinda shit happens once in a lifetime. Having my license suspended for most of my adult life was always my fault. Took me a long time to realize that tho. I can relate to the kid. Shits as hard as you want to make it.
    -devil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.