Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let"s See The Custom Nomads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by laid55, Nov 24, 2006.

1. laid55

laid55

let's check out all the custom,slammed,cut-up,diced-up,60's,70's style nomads.old pictures a plus.

let's see some gasser nomads.no goodguys,no resto's.remember. "ANYONE CAN RESTORE A CLASSIC....IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO CUT ONE UP"

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Jitterbug and Steverod like this.
  2. lownslow

lownslow

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE this car .......... details please ..... PERFECT !!!

3. 2-TONED

2-TONED

heres my ol 55 the day after i got home with it in August 1996.
    [​IMG]

4. 2-TONED

2-TONED

900 mile drive home with 4:11 gears, 327, 4 speed, duntov 30/30 solid cam you can hear the valves 1/4 mile away.
    i bought & drove it home with the tru spokes sittin high. 70s style with extensive chrome plating everywhere.
    lowered it the next morn after the trip home & put on american 200S wheels, drove it a week then like a tard i took it ALLLLLL APART the same month i bought it in 96.
    almost back together now im workin like a dog on it.
    [​IMG]
    THINK of allllllllll the fun i DIDNT have in this car for the last 10 years & 2 months! --"DONT TAKE YOUR DRIVEABLE CAR APART!!!" take something else apart!!

5. laid55

laid55

I know exactly what you're saying chief!!I did that with my 55'pick-up 11 years ago.it's still apart!!My problem is I got my hand in too many projects.cars,bikes,house,kids,life..it adds up.

6. laid55

laid55

I love those pitures of the nomad 2-tone!!! that how my car looked when I got it.except it had slotted mags and a white top.it had been sitting in a one car alley garage for 15 years.it had a 327 vette motor and a 4 speed.67 riviera buckets and a black vinyl rolled interior.the reason they parked it was because the brakes went out.i bought it sight unseen, because somebody i knew said he remembered it being a clean car.i paid 8 grand for it.when i finally arranged to go see/buy it.they had lost the keys to the garage.they hadn't opened it in years.we had to go buy bolt cutters.when we finally opened the garage it was like opening King Tuts tomb to me.us car guys live for that kind of shit!

7. laid55

laid55

by request from LOWSLOW;

Attached Files:

8. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Dude,,I just LOVE your ride!!

Now you got me going...

9. I love it, I bet the street rodder "Chainer" guys who would love to get thier hand on it.

Perfect stance and look.

Glad to see one hasnt gone the way of the Billet! :)

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Sam Hollingsworth's 57 on the cover of the May '67 R & C. Hard to beat, in my book.
    [​IMG]

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My Nomad lowered and re-colored (Gimp'd)
    [​IMG]

12. laid55

laid55

that car is "THE SHIT".I get alot of inspiration from this car.also Lee Pratt's '55 nomad.I got a set of skylarks I'm redoing right now!

13. laid55

laid55

Is that done with photoshop?if so,that's how it should look in person."BITCHIN"!!!

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I did that with GIMP, which is a free download photo manipulation program that works like photoshop.

15. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Everyone's taste is different, but I've never cared for the looks of the two Nomads done by Steve's Auto Restorations (the NewMad and the RealMad). To me, a car should look better after it's customized, not worse. Just my opinion.

16. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Hey laid- love your car! (Love your's too Arkie!) Was excited to see it in the new Rodder's Journal. My dad has been the second owner of a red & white '55 Nomad for almost 30 years. I remember we looked at tri-fives every week for years ('75-'78) when we finally found "the one". I was 11 and it was the MOST original tri-five I had ever seen. Original upholstery, carpet and linoleum is still perfect in the car. It was one of the first 100 built. I was raised with 'tri-fives and they will always be my favorite.
    I want to do a Sam Hollingsworth inspired '56 Nomad- Buick wires, Impala buckets, Ricklefs flames- the whole deal.

I met Sam at a swap meet once and he told me how they towed his Nomad to that cover shoot and shoved it out on the sand without his permission

17. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

AGREED!!!

But you see the one Tucci has cut apart and desicrated- OH THE AGONY!!!

Why people have to take the BEST Nomad they can find and then F#*K it up is beyond me.

18. laid55

laid55

I wonder what happened to it?I would love to hear that it's been tucked away in a garage,untouched.wishful thinking!

19. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

Here's one I think is really cool. It's owned by Rocky Burris Jr. in Wichita.

[​IMG]

He is a kickass pinstriper as well, he did the doorjams and the decklid.
    [​IMG]

...and he's even sportin' the coolest decals in existance!
    [​IMG]

20. knuckle

knuckle
    from Missery

21. laid55

laid55

"IT AIN'T A NOMAD"!!

22. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Conflicting stories that it was restored in the seventies and that it still exists exactly as photo'd- I'd love to see it reappear! (Even if I have to clone it!)

23. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I want to do a Sam Hollingsworth inspired '56 Nomad- Buick wires, Impala buckets, Ricklefs flames- the whole deal.

JimA, you're a mindreader!

24. Here's your classic wheel standin 55 Nomad!!

Attached Files:

Jitterbug likes this.
  25. laid55

laid55

that's what I'm talkin' about.I love that shit.can you imagine seeing that thing on the street's now?somebody needs to find a nomad body and go balls out!!the cool thing is it still has the eyebrows on what looks to be a glass frontend!even if it isn't,still cool to see 'em on a gasser.that looks like the great western forum in the background.possibly a So Cal car.where this car now?anybody out there have any clues?

26. that wheelstander was in a issue of ckdeluxe magazine a while back, the owner has ms or some other dibilitating disease like it. but the car was planned to be restored so the story read, ill have to dig it out and have a read again.

27. laid55

laid55

cool! post it when you get a chance.

28. Hey laid55 here's another pic of that high flyin 55 Nomad......to answer that question about seeing this type of beast on the street, this Nomad did see double duty.......street and strip! :)

Attached Files:

29. Your right on That Monster Kid!! :) Car Kulture DeLuxe #8 had the profile of this kool ride. That one shot on the tile page of the Nomad doing a wheelie was on a city street!!

30. laid55

laid55

awesome.I couldn't tell that it was mid-engine from the first pics.I live about 5 miles miles from where that racetrack used to be.Irwindale raceway.theres a miller brewery there now.they opened up a new Irwindale speedway a mile or two away from the original a few years ago.it's only 1/8 mile though.somebody from So Cal has to know where this car is!!