Register now to get rid of these ads!

who likes to cruise for the hell of it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big block styleline, Nov 12, 2006.

1. its ugly outside but who still likes to cruise and listen to the football games in ohio?

2. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

The only game that's i'd listen to on the radio is the one next week on Sat. in Ohio, but I'll be in the U.P. of Michgan, and i sure won't be rooting for Ohio....GO BLUE!!!

3. TravRod29

TravRod29

I got some work done on the Roadster and listined to the game over the radio..

Travmann

4. Me.

Sometimes I get out in the roadster, see an interesting desert two laner and take off.

As for listening to football, no got no radio in the car.
    The big ol Buick engine spinning down the highway is all the music/entertainment I need....

5. eric

eric

i love to cruise, usually my best friend and i will be bored and call one another and he'll hop in his '67 camaro with a 350 punched to 396 and a 5 speed, and i'll hop in my light as hell '63 ranchero with a 302 (mild cam) and AOD and tear up the streets in DownTown L.A. in the tunnels or the tunnels near L.A.X. or we know alot of industrial areas where we can just run wild and abuse our cars with no cops or people around so no one can get hurt. fun times, its great to be able to open up your car and see what she can do!!!!! i have no radio in my car though, if i did that would be a MAJOR change of pace as none of my cars have ever had one for some odd reason??

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

nothing helps me forget the troubles of the day then getting in the hotrod and going for a drive. I try to drive it to work once a week, usually fridays, just to make it a better day at work..

7. I love to drive to look for other cars. Crazy huh?

8. Tony

Tony

Truer words could not be spoken as far as i'm concerned..If i didn't have the escape of my cars i'd either be in jail or the nut house by now.
    no football for me, just some good driving tunes and i'm all set. dosn't even have to be a long trip as long as i can run through the gears a few times..

9. Cruisin' is my life...just enjoying the car and the journey to and from.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Boy does this ever strike a chord. Ever so often I'll be out in the shop, look over at the '32 and just "know" it's time for a ride. Next thing I know I'm about 20 miles from home and just wandering the back roads. Sometimes I have a general direction to go such as going to see a friend that I haven't run into for a long time, but usually it's just taking a left or right when I come to a stop sign.
    After about an hour it will come to me that I really should be doing something productive and head back in the general direction of home. Getting back to the ranch usually has mixed feelings. It's ALWAYS good to get home whether your gone an hour or a month, but knowing you've just "escaped" the routine for awhile sure puts a smile on my face. When you get to my age it doesn't take much to entertain me and going into the house usually results in my wife saying that she saw me leave and wondered where my wandering would take me today. Taking one of these little trips usually results in my being re- energized and the next couple of days really go by smoothly. This is really cool when your involved in something that's become somewhat frustrating as "getting back to it" usually finds the problem or sticking point seem a whole lot less intimidating.
    Hot Rodding should be available in pill form and consumption required.:cool: :)

Frank

11. Hot Rodding should be available in pill form and consumption required.

Brilliant.

12. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I had my 40 out today but saturady I was watching Ohio State. go bucks!

13. yblock292

yblock292

There ain't nuthing nicer then to get home from a a day at the salt mines, and jump in the roadster and go fer a cruize , last week buddy of mine showed up in his 34 5 window , wanted to go do something, so i jumped in the roadster and chased him around for an hour or so. Last wednesday was real nice , like 80 degrees, took the day off and drove the roadster all day. Today was cold as hell, drove the 40 coupe on all my trips to car stores and stuff,try and drive something every chance I get.

14. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Was out for an hour today.....about 0c (32F)...........no heater. ...who cares about the weather.

15. S.F.

S.F.

Hello to everyone else in Ohio......yeah, i was just out cruizin for an hour and a half, no radio or heat....actually i guess ive never really owned anything with a working radio or heater....

16. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I completely agree that sometimes it just hits you that it is time to go. You dont need a destination, just the notion to go. It happened to me yesterday.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I take off in Big Olds and go for a "cruz" all the time. No radio though. I had to really control myself yesterday as I had a TON of yardwork to do and yesterday being so nice I HAD to get it done. I KNEW that even if I told myself I'd only be gone an hour, that if I even sat in him for one minute I would have been gone till dark. I did not go cruzn yesterday but did the responsible homeowner thing and worked in the yard perparing for winter.:rolleyes:

18. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Well, no radio in my car now, so I'd have to imagine what's going on with the Browns...but aside from that I dig where you're coming from!

Out in California or somewhere like that it wouldn't be any big deal to see an older car tooling by, but here in the toxic, frozen Midwest, if you're seen on the road between October and June, people wonder where the hell you could possibly be going in your old heap!!

Last year I drove a 64 Olds through the Fall and Winter and found it funny when someone at the gas station would ask "Where ya goin'...a car show somewhere?" or "Why don't you put that car away for the Winter?".

Now I drive an older F-body and it's the same thing all over again now that we're past Halloween!

Every drive...every little trip to the store, gas station, pizza joint, your buddy's house, work or just across town for no reason can feel like year-round cruising if you do what you're SUPPOSED to do with a car...and just DRIVE it!!

I still love kickin' it out on snowy roads in an older car, or doing Burt Reynolds inspired burnouts away from traffic lights for no reason at all now and then! It keeps you in the proper mindset...that hot rods are supposed to be FUN...and fun means DRIVING them...anywhere and everywhere...rain, snow or shine!!

:cool:

(So, anyone know how the Browns did yesterday...for a curious fan with no radio?!)

19. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i'll second that. nothing beats the rumble and roar of 455 cubic inches of buick pushin you down the road... just you, the car you built and the ringing in your ears...

sensory overload, dig it?

who wants a radio?

god i love my truck :cool:

20. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Oh yeah...just don't let DIRTYT drive your old car or he'll do smokey donuts in empty parking lots thinking you're too drunk to remember it the next day!!

:D

21. Bull

Bull

No radio in the Model A . . . probably never will be. But I did fire it up to go return some movies to the video store yesterday . . . well that and relieve the tires of some rubber. :)

22. boozoo

boozoo

My favorite most relaxing thing in the world when I was a kid was to go for long drives out on the country roads in the Texas Panhandle.

Something about the feeling of blowing down all those dirt roads in a '55 Chevy wagon just listening to the engine humming along and watching the dirt plume behind me....

And if you ever did come across someone going the other way, you were sure to get a friendly wave from the other fella, whether he knew you or not.

I do miss that.....

23. BLACKIE HARVELLE

BLACKIE HARVELLE

give me a reason ill cruz.:cool:

24. I like to shine the car up and ride downtown, just to see myself reflected in the shop windows. Just one more reason to support the downtown merchants and say screw the damned mall!

25. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

its like sex... it dont need a reason, just a place and time :cool:

26. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

I even like cruising the DD. Take the long way home and have some time to think and clear the old noggin.

27. I love to cruise . I have a 63 Dodge 426 MAX Wedge (clone) When I finished the car in 2000 it had 59676 miles on the clock.This sept 1 it rolled over the 90000 mark while on a trip to the Duro Doins car show. Now has about 90800 and I think I will get it out once more if the weather report is true for the weekend. Here is it rolling out of the village of Ameliasburgh where I live . It is one of the rare moments when I wasnt standing on the fun pedal.
    http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=196948&cdate=20061030&ctime=204448

28. ...and most the time you're alone. :eek: :D

29. T-Bone

T-Bone

30. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I love to cruise, but it's lonely out there . I never see anyone else out, not like it was in high school in the early 80's, they don't even cruz wichita anymore. I don't have a radio in the model a and never will, there is NOTHING in the world better sounding then a big solid cam loping thru the smitty's !! and It makes the whole world seem normal again. The moon shining down lighting up the autumn leaf covered back roades, gazing at the stars thru the missing roof of the sedan. The headlights casting their light on the back side of the open wheels, giving the perfect shadow of the 32 grill shell and headlights, watching the tires bounce as you try to aim them down the old winding country roads. You reach down grab anouther gear ,hearing the borq warner t 10 mesh when you change gears, the whine of the limited slip, and oh the sweet sound of that cam and the engine whinding higher. I have surely gone to heaven , It doesn't get any better then this. you round the curve shifting again , whinding it out and then down shifting for the next curve............ oh how sweet it is to go an little cruz's after if only for 30 mins. it sure helps. I don't think I could ever live without my hot rod !!! time to head home , maybe I will take the wife out to diner in the custom tonight, 'cause she hates the other woman ( hotrod), oOh It is a good life hot rod and customs !