Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crapped myself today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratstar, Nov 8, 2006.

1. crazy34fordtk

crazy34fordtk

Did you have a passenger? just wondering cause i hate when the upholstery doesnt match on the seats!

im glad your ok ! Its just one of those things we live with rides as old as ours.

2. Big Tony

Big Tony

I call that about an 8 on the "pucker scale".... BTW anything over 7 requires a friend and a BIG pair of pliers to remove your undies from yo anus.... and 9 will sometimes get hooked on a rib so be careful not to yank them out to hard... 10 ...well you feel those and taste them in your throat.

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DUDE! I'm glad this didn't happen to you when you were coming down to Vegas or on your way home... it was scary enough to see you following me to the gas station with soft brakes! ;) DOH!

Glad your okay!

4. Glad you didn't get hurt.

I can remember buying a truck about eight years ago and my dad driving it home and as soon as he pulled in the driveway the pedal hit the floor and there was nowhere to go but right into the garage doors.

5. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Had been driving around all day with my buddys in my shoebox... It was lowered but with those lard asses it was on the ground... That'll be important later...

So we just got though cruising uptown Pasadena and are heading back to my buddys house. I'm cruising along at about 55 when I let off and head for the left turn lane on a busy intersection. 2 cars in front of me stopped at the light. Oncomming traffic has the green but luckily it'd been green for a while and the traffic had lightened up quite a bit...

So I'm in the turn lane and hit the brakes... Nothing.... Pump it a few times nothing... Say "Oh shit (Real soft like)... No brakes..." My friends look at me and laugh...

I'm closing on these cars fast and have no where to go so I think I'll just bury it in the car in front and take it like a man, but then I glance at on-coming traffic and there's a gap...

I swing into on-coming traffic, hit the gap, punch it and make the left onto my buddy's street... They aren't laughing but they think I'm a dick for fucking with them so hard... Still don't get that it's REAL...

So I'm now going faster down another busy street and have to slow down with no breaks... I start DOWNSHIFTING the auto which slows me down a bit... I decide to try to make it to my buddy's house which is another left and a right into an alley...

Pull the e-brake, hit a gap in traffic and make the left. Swing an immediate hard right into the one-lane alley... ONCOMMING FUCKING BIG RIG!!! Lay on the horn, pull the e-brake full-stop, and slide to a stop inches from the guys bumper... Start screaming that we have no brakes and get him to back up. Pull into my buddy's parking space in the alley, and litterally fall out of the car in a cold sweat. I lay there a while, and my friends begin to get it... "You weren't fucking around?..." What!!! Almost kill at least 14 people for a Joke? "Shut up, ass!"

Turns out, that with the added weight, the soft-line to the rear brakes was resting on the exhaust... My buddy happened to have a spare hard line for the rear of a shoebox... I was back on the road later that day.

That whole thing took less than a minute to unfold... It's amazing what you can think of under stress...

6. I was puckering reading the adventures of Andy and Levi. I am afraid I would have wadded up the vehicle. Sounds like you were thinking when things went to poo., Glad to hear you survived.

7. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Just carry a boat anchor to toss out the window.

8. Appleseed

Appleseed

Dude you're accident prone. Glad to see your not hurt (again).

9. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

So let us all know the problem once you get it fixed, sad to hear, but happy nothing was hurt too bad. The brakes on tthe 54 Plymouth are lousy, they need to be pumped up each time I drive it around the block to see if the last thing I tried to fix is working yet? A dual Res Master cylinder is something i would like to invest in, but not sure where to get an under floor unit that might work. Wheel cylinders and a good brake bleed are on my to do list as well. I have one working headlight and brake lights now, I can get the signals to breifly flash when I moved the lever up and down fast, but haven't tracked the headlight wiring foible yet and figure hand signals will work for a while. Any advice would be appreciated.

10. overthehillracer

overthehillracer

One of my first race cars, was a 55 Plymouth that been burnt. Stripped out the interior, & cleaned it up inside. The rim of the steering wheel was burned off so it was removed. It went out with the trash. Then we needed to move the car. The brakes were working, so what the hell. Found a 5 gal. bucket, turned it over for a seat. Took a pair of vicegrips clamped them on the steering colum, & I was off. You can guess the rest. When the vicegripes came off, I made a lunge which caused the bucket to turn over. Just try to work the brakes with no seat, & no steering wheel to hang onto. Got it stopped somehow but it was exciteing.

11. ratstar

ratstar

HAHA I'm loving all the stories this brought. My girlfriend and I and laughing reading all the responses too!