Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wild Video! !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FuelRoadster, Nov 9, 2006.

1. brewsir

brewsir

Damn thats pretty cool!

2. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

wow, thats sick!

3. Mojo_AL

Mojo_AL

F1 cars run on gasoline, not alcohol like american open wheel cars...

These videos, although cool, don't do these cars justice. Hearing these things next to you is just crazy. At full throttle, they are so loud that your ears hurt, over 140 dB...

4. I stand corrected & NO,you wouldn't catch me standing next to that sumbitch!

5. rikaguilera

rikaguilera

SICK SICK SICK!, I love how some motors just sound PISSED (the only real descriptive for this sound) when unleashed.

6. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy

A nice 15-20k rpm V10/V8 (depending on the year) will do that for you :)

I still like the V12 whatever sound of the Matra that was at Ontario (CA) once. We were walking up to the front of the track and could hear it warming up for "demonstration" at an indy-car event once.

Sheesh, that was when there were still grapevines around Ontario. I suppose they're gone, eh?

KAA
    Des Moines now

7. whizzerick

whizzerick

WOW!!!!

It barks like a £@!@@& PISSED-OFF MONSTER!!! :eek:

8. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

There is another video floating around of the Renault team warming up an engine. At the end one of the engineers hits a key on his laptop and the engine plays "God Save the Queen". These cars have pneumatic valve springs, conventional springs won't live with the revs. They are very light and compact. You could pick up a block easily with one hand. Most of you guys could easily pick up a complete engine without straining. The things are so precisely made, they have to run hot water through the engine to pre-heat it before starting so that everything is pre-expanded.

The technology is amazing, I just wish the races weren't so damn boring most of the time.

9. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Igrew up in the I.E. and have family in Ontario. Ontario is pretty much all shopping malls, warehouses , industrial parks and housing developments now.

10. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

11. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

very sweeeettttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!