Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mounting a fiberglass body Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TravRod29, Nov 7, 2006.

1. TravRod29

TravRod29

I got a '29 Roadster body and I am tryin to figure out mounts to make to mount the body to the frame....the trick is...this frame is a '52 ford f-100 frame....and a '29 roadster....if any of u guys got an idea how to work this situation out.....i would appriciate it...thanks

Travmann

2. TravRod29

TravRod29

By the way.....the frame is narrowed in the front and that is how the body sits on the frame...but i cant figure out how im gonna mount the body on it...it is channeld 6 inches....thanks again.

Travmann

3. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

it kinda sounds like you'll be lookin to design some chassis out-
    rigger mounts to tie the frame rails and body together. Any flanges
    or mounts glassed into the roadster body? You may want to study
    some OEM mounts for ideas, possibly T-buckets, as well.

Swankey Devils C.C.

4. lolife

lolife

Depends on the frame. Is it contoured to follow the body, or is it rectangular with the body hanging way out from it?

Just glass-in some L-brackets, or you can make a plywood floor, trim it all to size, and then glass it in. You could make the L-brackets longer or shorter, as necessary to bolt-down more area of the body.

If the body is way out from the frame, you can make support brackets the are perpendicular to the frame, and the body L-brackets bolt to these, and they can be welded or bolted to the frame.

six inches is a pretty wild drop for a 29, so the body is mostly just a prop, and you will be riding on it instead of in it, so I'd just use some good plywood and glass it all in to make it all one-piece.

5. TravRod29

TravRod29

six inches is a pretty wild drop for a 29, so the body is mostly just a prop, and you will be riding on it instead of in it, so I'd just use some good plywood and glass it all in to make it all one-piece.

yeah 6 inches is alot...but it has a nice rake....so yea ill be riding on the body instead of in it..lol kinda goofy lookin rod...but i like it