Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model T roadster doors what do they go for?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom C, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Tom C

Tom C

Ok I have been looking for awhile for some doors for my 26-27 Model T roadster project. I have finally found some but I'm having a hard time deciding whether it's a fair deal. One is missing a latch and they both need very minor work. He's asking $300. Is this a fair deal? I've been lookin for awhile and I don't know if I'm finally giving in to paying that much or if thats what they are going for these days (?). What do you guys think?

2. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

Personally I think you answered your own question. You need what he has, --and we both know that 26-27 stuff is very highly sought after, so $300.00 for the pair is decent $$. Also, factor in that if you find a rough pair for half that money, how much time would you have in them trying to get them to the condition these are in?

I tell someone that they need to figure out the time they will have in a task, and if they can find a better set, does the price difference come in at more, --or less than the same time spent working at McDonalds part-time. If it will take you 40+ hours to get a rougher pair metalworked to the condition of these you have found, the difference in price is less than what you would make working at "Mickey Dee's" place for the same amount of time making minimum wage. To me, I see the doors as a value ...but YOU are the only one that can decide for you.

3. Brett88

Brett88
    from ILLINOIS

I've seen doors in ok condition go for $250.00 + each. I'd say buy. If you don't please give me the info.

4. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I bought a pair of rough doors at frog follies this year for $20.

I will easily have $280 worth of my time in them to make them right.

The difference between what they want and what you want to pay will not be a significant amount in the overall cost of the car. Pony up and pay the bucks and get on with the build.