Register now to get rid of these ads!

O.K. Harley guys..S&S Super B vs. 94's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stank468, Nov 1, 2006.

1. stank468

stank468

O.K so I'm trying to figure out what carburation to run on my Potvin set-up.. I was originally going to use four model 94 two barrels...Then I thought "sidedrafts".. Much easier to fab a manifold and linkage.. SU's might work, but they are finicky. I started digging through my Harley stuff and what do you know, a Super B has a 1 7/8" butterfly.. exactly twice the area of a model 94 w 11/16" bores.. So applying my piss poor math, 2 Super B's = 4 model 94's.
    I would have to change the needle and seats out so I can run a fuel pump...
    What other problems am I gonna have....

2. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

depends on the super b's you have. if they do not have the accelorator pump in them dont bother it will be too hard to start and bog any time you wack the throttle.

3. greyone

greyone

It may be tough to reach the enrichener jets from inside the car. They do make a kit to install one, how's about a Super E they already have the pump. I think if you run a fuel regulator the needles and seats will be OK, you would have to do it for the 94's anyway.

4. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

super E would be better... why not a CV or mikuni? newer CVs get taken off all the time, and work GREAT and can even be fixed to run faster

5. stank468

stank468

I've got one w/the accelerator pump and one without.. I don't know if the one pump will cover the "hole". I can always get another superbowl w/a pump.. I would have to rig a cable for the enrichener...

6. stank468

stank468

The problem with the E is that it is shiny and looks modern, Same with the Mic's and othe CV carbs.. The Super B looks like it was carved from a rock, which works with the overall theme..

Attached Files:

7. i had a super b on my shoval for years, it was a trouble free carb once you got used to the lack of accelerator pump. i think that would be your biggest stumbling block. it was a great performance carb , it really woke the scoot right up. i dont think the enrichment system would be an issue as you could always just wait till the engine warmed up to disengage em. id go with a couple e's maybe you could bead blast em or something to dull em down a little.

8. cornernfool

cornernfool

If you got 2 B's with acc. pumps you won't need the enrichners. Pump them pedal a couple of times and she will be fired up. Plus is there's no kickstarter on that flarhead.

9. gasman

gasman
    from Nebraska

two might be too much. When you double the diameter of a circle you are nearly quadrupiling the area.

10. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Didn't they sell add-on acclerator pumps for the early S&S carbs? Seems I remember these from the early-mid '80s....

11. stank468

stank468

Ya, I think Accel made 'em. Superbowls. I just bought another one from E-Pay. No small parts but I think that I can copy the linkage that I have on the other one..

12. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Bendix........LOL:D Mine works great....
    NOC

13. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

You have to "roll" on the throttle of a B. Not a get set up for a car cause in a cage you usually want to nail it. No real nailing it with the B. The accelerator pump was an option S&S came out with later. Some B's got them. Some don't. Go with 94's.

14. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I also remember some add-on, completely separate accelerator pumps - used similar ones for Mikunis when I was racing ATCs back in the '70s...wasn't a big squirt, but just enough to overcome the bog...