Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Deuce Coupe"...the movie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40 & 61 Fords, Nov 2, 2006.

1. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

What can anybody tell me about the movie Deuce Coupe? I had a chance to see it a few years ago at a drive in, but was unable to go at the last minute. I also saw mention of it somewhere on here. I believe Paul Lemat was in it. I assume it isn't related to American Grafitti at all, since Milner dies at the end of MAG. Is it available anywhere?

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...someone say deuce?...I'm in...

3. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

If its the same one I am thinking of it was made in the early 90's by HBO ? I think Paul Lamat played a cop in it.

4. Bern_29

Bern_29

Coupster seems to be correct....

Deuce Coupe (1992)
    Directed by Mark Deimel
    Writing credits Mark Deimel (story) James Nichols (also story)

Plot Outline: Two brothers are seperated by the love for the same woman - but they get united again by their fascination for speed and racing cars.

Cast overview, first billed only:

Kieran Mulroney .... Eddie Fitzpatrick
    Brian Bloom .... Ray Fitzpatrick
    Danielle von Zerneck .... Virginia
    Ashley Laurence .... Marie Vitelli (as Ashley Lauren)
    Cameron Dye .... Link Malone
    Larry Hankin .... Slick Lowry
    Candy Clark .... Jean Fitzpatrick
    Jamie Seibert .... Voltz
    R. Pickett Bugg .... 'Big Al' Little
    Paul Le Mat .... Sheriff
    Dennis Lee Kelly .... Adult Eddie
    Alan McCoy .... Johnny B.
    Ray Stewart .... Mr. Murphy
    Ann Romeo .... Marie's Mother
    Michael Cargile .... Pretty Boy

5. Plowboy

Plowboy

Milner dies? Thanks for ruining the ending. Geeezzzz :D

6. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

They told us that at the end of AG1

Milner dies in a race
    Toad gets slaughtered in Nam
    Opie falls for Shirley..........goes bald and becomes a big time director.
    Kurt becomes a goof.........and stays that way.
    Cheryl (Mackenzie Phillops) finally gets boobs and goes on to have a drug problem.....................
    Bo Hopkins makes a career of talking and nobody can understand a word he says.............

and life goes on.

7. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Don't forget that Debbie's greasy ex-boyfriend moves to a colder climate and becomes a police officer in the early '80s.

8. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Huh.............Something I missed?

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Joe Spano...Played a cop on Hill Street Blues.
    He also played Mark Paul Gossler's characters father on NYPD Blue.

10. KingpinOlds

KingpinOlds

I can tell you me and my '55 were extras in it,"Deuce Coupe" that is. Some of it was filmed in Franklin, Suffolk, and Norfolk VA. It was a basic "Grafitti" knock off, imagine that, the production company went under and it was never released. There was a very short run in one local theatre about five years after it was filmed, the wife and I saw it and one other person was there. Its no cinematic masterpiece for sure, however if anyone somehow can get a copy I would gladly buy a couple, I had heard it was released or was going to be released overseas.

Rick

11. 54chevy4door

54chevy4door

At the end of the movie it says milner died from a drunk driver. theres a special edition of american grafitti with a bonus disk called "more American grafitti" it show milner winning a drag race the after the celebration he goes drivin home and comes over a hill and BAM drunk guys drives into him

12. deucehiboys

deucehiboys

This movie was filmed here in Virginia,Before the movie was finished the producers pulled up stakes a went west,movie being finished out west .The deuce coupe belonged to one of my good friends ,most of the other cars were were local ,many were not compensated as promised. Paul Lamat was in it cannot remember the others.I I saw it at a permiere showing , and do have a copy.This movie was very poor .about the only thing I can say good about it was seeing many friends and thier cars on the screen.The producers contacted me ,and offered a lot of money to use my 32 three window for the roll over shot, They say I could have it back, I knew a were not exactly right at that time...

13. octane

octane
    from Virginia

Deuce Coupe was filmed in Suffolk, Franklin, and Virginia Beach, Virginia from what I understand. The shop that built the car for the movie is here in Norfolk, VA (Flatlander's Hot Rods - www.flatlandershotrods.com). Flatlander's owner, Alan Thornton, had a bit part in the film. Alan tried for a while to buy the rights for the film, but the production company wouldn't work with him. I've never actually seen it myself...wouldn't mind checking it out one of these days though.

14. kropduster

kropduster

15. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

16. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Damn good post,just when i thought i had all the cool movies covered ,i never even new about this one.thanks alot!!

17. the32ford

the32ford
    from Norway

I'm also looking for this movie on DVD or something.
    please can some one help me get it? i have looked on ebay and so on.
    regards
    Thomas

18. Cecil

Cecil

I have the Deuce Coupe Movie on dvd.If anyone wants a copy just e-mail me at .... [email protected]