Register now to get rid of these ads!

See ya Later HAMB!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlamCouver, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Otto138

Otto138

Hey Doc,

This fellow is gonna be a Navy Seabee not just some "squid". He is going to be a part of the proud tradition of the land Navy working with the USMC and Army Corps of Engineers. The Seabees have been doing construction under combat conditions in most major US conflicts since WWII on the ground with the grunts working to make life better for our guys and the civilians too. Ok. Enough of that. Anyhow good luck, Seabee. Huhrah. Oh yeah the CM's I knew when I was in were crack mechanics, made it happen with what they had.

Otto138

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

You'll be in good hands. Thanks for the services you're about to provide, and yell when you got out of boot camp. We'll be looking forward to giving you some congrats !
    Spent the last 3 months of my Navy career in Port Huenume in 1967 - hope it hasn't changed.
    Ex BT 2

3. KWashburn

KWashburn

Good Luck and Thank You!!! My younger brother is a Aviation Electrician and going to Seals Training later on next year. He was in Great Lakes in Feb. - Mar. We went up for graduation and it was fucking cold. I've never been pissed off like that for 4 days solid....But, again, good luck and we look forward to seeing you back on the HAMB.....

Kenny

4. wyatt

wyatt

your going to freeze your ass off and the puddles freeze sideways but you'll have fun and get smarter.....

5. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks a bunch for serving your country.:cool:
    My Dad, therefore the family, spent 20 years in the Navy. It was a good life. Dad retired from the Navy young enough to do another 22 years with Ford Motor Company. Two careers make for a decent retirement. Keep that in mind when it comes time to re-enlist.

7. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

Best of luck, and thanks you.......

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ive always been to fat and drunk for the service.. its one of my biggest regrets!!!!! be safe and GOD BLEES YA !!!!:)

9. the duke

the duke

good luck, thanks for the service to our country stay out of harms way.

10. All true Americans respect and love you. I have nothing more to say but THANK YOU.

11. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

before i left for navy boot camp my uncle, who was a marine told me to remember i had two ears, and one mouth so i should listen twice as much as i talk. man, those words will never leave me. boot camp is fun, i'm on my sixth year, and the places i've been and the friends i've made will never be forgotten. you'll feel pride for the first time in your life when you earn your navy ballcap. one of the greatest feelings i've ever had. best of luck, and just remember boot camp is NOT the real navy!!!! -josh

12. Iff'n you get some leave, give me a call - I'm about 15 minutes drive from the GL base. Lots of good hot rod stuff around ChiTown area, can get you hooked up with local HAMBer community.

13. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I was in Gulf Port before being assigned to MCB 3 at Port Hueneme in 1968-69. There is some great tradition in the Sea bees. A long line of "can do" fellas that dont bitch about the conditions. They just get it done. Well we bitched some.:D

"We've done so much for so long with so little that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

You are about to make some of the best memories of your life. Even the rough ones. We are all behind you. good luck!!

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah I know what the SeaBee's do, I was just screwin with him:p Hell my brother is an Aussy Navy Squid!! Dont I give him a hard time!
    Never had much to do with the SeaBee's though, we were always in and out before anyone else came to the party.
    SF Baby!!:cool: (Yeah its ALL image)

Some of you will get that.

There is some good advice here, pays to listen man.
    Two ears and one mouth = Listen twice as much as you talk, fuckin A but don't be afraid to ask anything if you don't quite get it. Could save your life someday.
    Tommy once again, hits the nail on the head. The mates you are going to make will be the closest people you will ever know. Mate ship is 90% of service life, look after your mates and they look after you. I find this helps you to stay alive in the nasty places.

Doc.

15. nero

nero

good luck! i did my bootcamp at the lakes 60-64 i got in the "bees" in 87 AS A RESURVE .equipment operator.i worked with the cms .retired EO1 22 YEARS in2003.good luck!.......EO1 NERO (USN.RET)

16. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

My gal is in NAVAL STATION SAN DIEGO now, but she just got out of A-school 2 months ago.... Dude it's freezing up there, good luck and don't give up...

17. Zumo

Zumo

Been there done that. You'll love being a Sea Bee. I went to boot In San Diego and A school in Gulfport Ms. I was in the Bees 8 years in NMCB22 also as a CM.

18. mustangsix

mustangsix

My nephew left for Great Lakes last week. If you run into a recruit named Zachry, tell him hello.

Thanks for serving.:)

19. Retrorod

Retrorod

I did my Navy stint in "Naval Air" so it sure won't hurt your career....it helped me get my feet on the ground. When you get to the left coast remember that the Seabee base is just down the road from Ventura Fairgrounds, home of the Primernationals

20. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

Thank You for stepping up for our country..

21. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hey, if you are able, come by the shop on Thursday nights for adult beverage night. :D See the HRCC link in the sig.

22. 270283

Congratulations. You made a decision that will benefit you the rest of your life. Enjoy your time in the Navy and do your best to see the world on Uncle's nickel. Keep your enthusiasm and thanks for stepping up. Paul

Hey Tommy, After Vietnam I did TDY's to Biloxi in 68-69 rotating you Seabee's in and out of that country. We probably crossed paths down there. Paul

23. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

Good luck man! I was there in '85. Heat conditions when I arrived, polar weather when I left. This year is my 21st year in uniform-six active and the rest reserves. Best decision I ever made.

Navy Seabees are in the Middle East right now, still building things under the most diffucult conditions so you picked a really challenging and rewarding career for yourself. Again, good luck!

Steve

24. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

hey good luck man, i did 4 years in the navy 65-69 including vietnam for a year, best thing i ever did.... your going to love it. see the world while ya got the chance to do it with uncle sam picking up the tab!! stay in touch when you can and let us know how you are doing, mike

25. FuelFC

FuelFC

You be good, do good and be careful! Have some fun. And thanks for being another to watch the rest. Godspeed kid and stay safe!

26. Gumpa

Gumpa

As a Service Officer for the Legion I have only one real word of advice. Keep a diary for the entire time you are in, and always copy your records when ever they come into your hands and KEEP ALL THESE RECORDS SAFE, you may need them. Like every one else has said keep safe.

27. 6-71

6-71

You made a good decision.early on you may wonder wtf was I thinking,but after your school you should find things quite different for the rest of your time. I served 4 years in the army 66-70,and I definately benefitted from those 4 years. I traveled around the world,saw lots of different countries (some I didnt really want to see). best of luck,and be assured you will come back home a better person.