Register now to get rid of these ads!

Twilight Zone Corvair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rot 'n Kustom, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here is a Corvair called "The Twilight Zone" which was from the Syracuse, NY area. This pic is from Car Craft, November 1962. It's owner (no name given) appears to have belonged to the Push Rods car club, based in Syracuse.

The car was a mild custom, with grille bars front and rear, and custom hubcaps (Dodge?) and a wild panel-paint job in silver, red, and black.

Anyone remember this car? Or have more pics?

Attached Files:

2. Eisenfaust

Eisenfaust
    BANNED

There was a color pic of that on here not too long ago- I think it was for sale on E-bay maybe? I don't remember but it was orange and green and had alot of weird shit painted on it...

3. Gigantor

Gigantor

Don't think that was the same car Eisenfaust. That one had some weird louvers and plexiglass hoods/decklids. Maybe I'm mistaken though, kind of hard to tell from the tiny pic.

4. S.F.

S.F.

I think it could have been the same car but kustomized again later in the 60's or early 70's, i saw it on ebay not to long ago.....those hub caps appear to be 58 lancer crab claws that were probably customized to fit 13 inch steelies. I drive a 61 corvair daily, this gives me some ideas.....i remember seeing this car in one of my vintage hot rod mags, ill look in there and see if i can find it.

5. luckystiff

luckystiff

i just posted this in the other corvair post but figured i'd post it here to. a bit milder but ALOT cooler. i'm thinking about bringing the afro back hahahhaha...ken....

Attached Files:

6. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I doubt if it is the same car, but certainly could be. The one floating on and off Ebay is a much later style show car.

I liked "the Twilight Zone" for its Watson-style panel paint. There were actually quite a few early model Corvairs customized in the sixties, but few made it to feature status in the car mags. Most were shown in the car show features. I even spotted a real Watson painted 'Vair in the background of a 1966 California show.

Peterson put out a nice spotlight books on compacts. Look for it if you need some ideas. Pics below, along with some of Dick Dean's personal car, a Barris job, and one spotted at a recent Corvair meet.

Please post any early Corvair custom pics if you have 'em!

Attached Files: