Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are these worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bonesmsd, Oct 20, 2006.

1. bonesmsd

bonesmsd
    from Redding Ca

I know that everything is worth what someone is willing to pay, but a little advise would be appreciated. I'm headed up to the hills in the morning to look at a place with about 40 cars, and i recieved a couple pics today. One is a hudson pickup (no idea what year) and the other is a hacked up sedan with a jag rear and a big block with a six-jugger. If anyone has any idea what a realistic offer would be, I would appreciate the input. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. I think the Hudson is a '47 or '48.

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Man would I love to have that Big Block and manifold.

4. Shit i'd take the whole car.

5. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I love Hudson Trucks. I'd own one 'cept one for sale and me with money have never co-existed.

6. tinmann

tinmann

That sedan is a '30 / '31 that was modified by someone who had a serious pudgy for the 60's rod "li'l coffin" built by a guy named Stuckie (sp). It would have a limited market but is way cool none the less. And yes that big block intake with webers is a truely neat piece. Value? That car should be worth 2k by itself. The Hudson p/u is a desirable oddball. It'd have to be worth the same.

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Man...for some strange reason..that hunk o tin reminds me of LIL COFFIN.....must be the pie-cut roofline
    and yea..that six jug bb is worth it.....snag it man

8. Bugman

Bugman

Looks like 94s or 97s on the big block, and I'd love to have it...

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Screw that lumber wagon.....take that cut up rod....Is that an X1 edelbrock intake?.....If it is......BIG $$$$$$$

not sure though.

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I did not want to get too gready, OK I get the engine and I will give you the rest.

11. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

holy crap hudson made a pickup truck??!?!! *mind is yet again blown*

that sedan is fuckin cool.. id say pick it up for anything under 1800.

12. vein

vein

that is one awesome find! yes, screw the truck, take the rod id offer 2,000!

13. nick_s

nick_s
    from Ohio

so did you buy them yet?

14. PSYCHOMOTO

PSYCHOMOTO

hudsons make great lookin customs buut its a long road to travel,

15. Squablow

Squablow

I agree with the masses that $2K would be a fair price to offer for the sedan. The roofline is done pretty well, I wonder if that was ever a finished car..

The Hudson is probably also worth $2K if it's as decent as it looks, but I'd start lower there. Maybe ask if he'd sell the pair as a package, try $2500 or $3K for the pair and sell one off to get the other one cheap.

Or, try to get the guy to put a number on them. He may start lower than you think. If he starts high, tell him that they really are neat cars and you'd like to fix them up but you could only afford X$. Never tell him the cars aren't worth near what he's asking, just tell him that you can only afford them if they're whatever price. Telling a guy with a yard full of cars that they ain't worth what he's asking is a great way to get chased off and never allowed to return. Claiming poverty works much better, and is often true.

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that intake and carbs could easliy get $800.00. prolly more. the value of the big block below it is in direct proportion to the amount of HP it came with factory...

Hudson would be 2 grand or less depending on how much rust it has...

the A does not look too promising in the pics... hard to tell.

17. 46HudsonPU

46HudsonPU
    from DELMARVA

Looks like a 1940-1941 Hudson Pickup. Appears to be the 1/2 ton model (shorter bed).

As most know, hard to tell about rust without a personal visit. For a truck sitting like that, watch for rust in the front part of the bed, and the frame just below that area. From the photo, it appears that the bottom of the doors and surrounding areas have some issues as well. Almost guaranteed that there will be rust issues with the floor, etc...

Depending on the condition, the truck is probably worth $2k - $4k.
    The cheaper you can get it, the better.
    The amount paid will be almost insignificant - compared to what it will cost to restore it. With the exception of the bed, parts are obtainable as Hudson car parts are interchangeable and will work with the truck.
    A #1 truck would be worth around $25-30k.

Me? I've already got a driver & two project trucks...

18. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

So what happened? Did you get either of them?