Register now to get rid of these ads!

we brought dad home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooMany2count, Oct 19, 2006.

1. the time came that we decided to bring home my dad. he isn't doing very well & i had talked to my mom about having Hospice come in & help take care of him during his final days here on earth.

may he rest peacefully untill the day the good Lord decides it's time for Pop to take one more journey & know that he is loved by more people then he will ever know........

i love you Pop............joe

2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I know how you feel been thru that reciently....may gods prayers be with you and your family during this time ....

3. nobrakesneeded

nobrakesneeded

Prayers to you and your family. Know that he will only be gone in body, not spirit.

4. raven

raven

It's good that you get to spend finla dys with him.
    It will be quality time well spent.
    We just lost two family members in two weeks and almost lost another one yesterday.
    I know what you are going through.
    God bless.
    r

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

you both are in my thoughts and prayers.

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Joe, you, your dad, and your family are in my prayers. My dad died suddenly of a heart attack 19 years ago, a month before the birth of my son. I never had the chance to tell him what an awesome father he was, because I never dreamed he would die so young. I know it's hard to see your dad slip away, but he's blessed to know how much he's loved.

7. buschandbusch2

buschandbusch2
    from Reno, NV

My prayers are with you and your family. Me and Lance just lost our Uncle (him and pops were the ORIGINAL Busch and Busch!), so we can sort of relate. Be glad for the time that you have left with him, and make the most of it! Don't leave anything unsaid.

8. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

That is the BEST decision your family will make. I can tell you from my own experience. When my Mom was leaving us due to cancer she wanted to be at home. I was holding my Moms hand when she went to her rest with the Good Lord. Her last words were to tell me whe loved me and I told her the same thing. I treasure the fact that it happened that way. Talk to him, he will know and need to hear you care. Let him know everybody will be ok. He needs to know that, even if everybody is grown, they NEVER stop being a parent. God bless and good luck with this, it will still be the hardest thing you ever do.

9. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Your Dad, you and your family are in our prayers. Look at this time of him being home with you as your opportunity to express your love to him. You will all be blessed. Take as much time off from work as you can and be with him and your Mom. This is more important than work right now.

10. Thoughts and prayers from Montana

s.

11. I can't say enough about how great Hospice has been to my family when we turned to them for help,,,,with both my parents and both my wifes parents,,,,

My heart and prayers goes out to you and your family,,,,HRP

12. Slonaker

Slonaker

I can't say it any better than everyone else here has, Joe, so I won't try. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

My father died suddenly 2 years ago at the age of 61. I will always regret never having had a chance to say goodbye. Make the most of your father's last days. Make sure he knows how much you love him. :(

Slonaker

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I can not even imagine how horrible this is for you. Prayers for you and your family.

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

im glad you can bring him home...as you said, he can rest in peace there..GOD BLESS TO YOU AND YOURS friend!!

15. My Dad hated the hospital and we let him pass his last days at home where he wanted to be. The hospice home service really helped us out. Dad passed away peacefully where he wanted to be. Only way to go. My thoughts are with you. Pat.

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

hey Joe... our prayers are with you and him... hope his last ride is a smooth one, and i pray you find some sort of comfort bro

17. Prayers from here that peace comes to visit you, your family, and your father in your time of need. Best of thoughts to and for all of you.

18. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

I too, lost both of my parents to cancer. The only good thing about watching someone you love so die in stages is having the time to say all of the things that were always assumed, but never said. You're in our prayers, the Lord will give you strength to get through this. God Bless all of you, and hold on to your dad, but when it's time, let go...Ole Pork

19. God's will be done and it is good that you have Hospice. What a wonderful organization! They will help you through these difficult times and try to let your dad known that you are there to carry on. I know that I wasn't ready to be the "Dad" in the family, but he needs to know that you are there to take his place. It isn't easy, but God's love is there, so know that you are not alone.

20. .....let me second this thought.........god bless Dad!!!

21. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Be thankful that he can spend his last days at home with the people that love him. It's a hard go........I went through it twice in the past year.

22. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Doc.

23. roddinron

roddinron

I was going to tell you what it was like when my Mom died, but Bud seemed to say it for me. Spend as much time with him as you can, because I believe they can almost choose when to go.

My Mother was really out of it toward the end, but one of her best friends had just visited with her, when she left I went into the room, Mom opened her eyes (something she hadn't done in days), they were clear and bright and she raised her head and looked right at me, I called my Dad and Brother into the room, as they entered she looked long and hard at each of us, I took her hand and told her it was ok, and that we would be ok and that she should not worry about us, and that she should go now to be with her mother (who died when my Mom was 7) She laid her head back and let out her last breath, she truly was at peace. I think it was a great comfort to her to know she wasn't alone, we were all there with her, on this side, and her mother was waiting on the other.

We all hope that when our time comes we go quickly, and I hated to see my Mother suffer, but I'm glad we had the time together and I think that in spite of the suffering she was too, I was never a great son, but I know that when she died, she knew I loved her and as any parent knows, that means the world.

Make these final days count, they'll mean the world to you later.

24. Cshabang

Cshabang

my thoughts and prayers to you and your family...some very close friends are goin throught this right now as well...they're 18 and 21....cancer....tearing all of us up...

25. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

There is a Hot Rod Heaven that is what guides us.

26. thanks everyone...........joe

27. glassguy

glassguy

as everyone said joe, my thoughts and prayers are with you also, i did this with my mom 3 weeks ago. and its tuff stuff. but hospice will help you, and if theres young kids involved they help you with that also. im really sorry bud, just stay with him. dave

28. Hospice, what a wonderful thing. Mom had 1 wish , to pass with dignity at home as long as we could care for her. If it got to where we couldn't she said she would go into a home. Those days meant the world to all of us since it wasn't in a "dry" place, but home with loved ones. Here's another prayer for ya

29. Our prayers and best wishes to you ,dad and your family.
    As time plays out in this situation, some people are good at communicating with those dear to them. Others struggle because they dont know what to ask or say . If your challenged try this ask each other this question:"What is the most important thing You and I need to talk about today?" . It's important that you wait till the other responds to the question. Many times it takes several minutes to search for the proper answer and the silence is key to unlock the door. A slight rewrite of this question "What is the most important thing I need to do today?" is also a good way to start your day. Dont mean to get into a bunch of psychological stuff but I have found that this really works when times get difficult.

Peace
    Larry

30. 4tford

4tford

My prayers for you and your family. I know what your going through but you are a better person for doing so and with the help of hospice you and the family will get through it. I look back and know that I did all I could do for both my mother and father at the end and you will too down the road and this will give you some comfort knowing that you did.