Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where can I find Packard parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colonel Ingus, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Where do I go for Packard stuff and parts for the Packard inline 8?

If anyone has any photos of some Packards around 1951 I'd really appreciate ya posting them too.

Also where can I go to find a list of all models and body styles? Like a model identification chart.

Anyone ever customize one? I know a lot of people think they're pretty ugly, they look pretty good to me.

2. choppermatt

choppermatt

3. 47bob

47bob

4. Egge Machine- http://www.egge.com/

They have a lot of items not listed- with them, always best to call. :)

Also try Memory Lane http://www.oldautoparts.com/ for used pieces. The shipping may hurt for, say, a fender, but small stuff is fairly cheap to ship & their prices are generally reasonable.

New project, or are you abandoning the six-in-a-row Chevy for the seductive lure of an eight-in-a-row Packard? :D

I have the Packard book by Dennis Adler which is pretty good about describing models, though it doesn't have pics of all of them. There aren't actually all THAT many different models, as compared to other makes. I can scan some pics, no sweat, but they are all originals or restorations. I might have a pic or two of customs somewhere & I'll post 'em later.

I think there was a Crestline book on Packards, one of the big B&W books that lists every model & has pics on most, but it's out of print now.

5. I found 2 1951 Packards I'm gonna snag. I'll admit I'm real anxious to dig into a Packard inline 8. I don't even know what size motors they are yet. The 356 would be nice but probably a 288.

I'll always be a stovebolt fan first though :D

6. Let's see how much I can embarrass myself with Photoshop. BTW, if you want any of these in higher res I can e-mail 'em. All photo credits to Dennis Adler, etc., yadda yadda yadda. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

OK....all you packard guys.....write this down.....Ted Covington---Route 611&Farm School Road---Ottsville, Pa. 18942---Phone # 610-847-8981......Big Packard man, 300-400 Packards in his yard plus trailers full of NOS parts....he used to work for packard and he knows his cars....may not be the cheapest around but he has the parts and you need what he has......stan

8. 5window

5window

Also try the Packard Forum on the AACA.org site. There is also a huge and loyal Packard owners organization and their monthly magazine-the Cormorant has a large number of suppliers in it as well as other contacts for Packard things. Hemming's Motor News also lists Packards parts suppliers-quite a few each month. Pre-WWII Pakcards are some great motor cars-innovative,well styled,powerful and stately. Post-war Packards look like they were designe dby ex-Liberty Ship designers and did not fair well. Packard went through some embarrasiing moments joining or tryiong to merge with AMC and Studebaker and finally just died. When I was in high school in the mid-60's,these later Packards were often Reedman's of Lanhorne's Friday night $9.oo special.

9. REEDMAN! I almost forgot about Reedman's. Never seen it in person but my family from PA always told me about it. Says "classic cars as far as the eye can see." I heard it's almost empty now though.

10. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Another source for Packard stuff is David Moe email him at [email protected] or telephone him on 425-334-7754.

I got his info from Buffalo.