Register now to get rid of these ads!

Village Idiots,Tuesday,Yorba Linda,7:00

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

i know, the cars were actually pretty diverse. although i think hellbound has me beat in the Loud department though, LOL!!

2. eric

eric

sounds like i better get wrenching so i can take my '55 chevy, or better yet my '61 CAD!!! i'll be the first guy at the tower with a CAD!!!! hows that for breaking up the FORD scenery???

3. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I gotta get my Chevy there again. Axle's and last Tue's night are the first and second meets I have not taken my car. SUCKS going without. No excuses, just gotta get my shit together. I'm hoping in a couple weeks, maybe Ill get lucky and be able to do it on the next one....I'm hoping the car I have for sale in egay funds all my problems away. stay cool all.

I like Caddy's, something to look forward to.

Al~chevnut

4. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

Actually, i was commenting to my long haired friend there last night....we have the errant merc and early chevy....but all and all it is a pretty diverse group...when was the last time you saw one of them two door lincolns? Those of you that know me know that this is a compliment...we got a pretty good group of damned ugly cars out there...;)

5. dirt

dirt

wait until i get my stude pickup there. you just cant beat baby shit green house paint that was put on with a roller. my wife hates it so i am leaving it like that for a while.:D

6. 133...The girl said she had a Studabaker Hawk. I think she'll come. Don't know if she'll stay. "Cornerfool"drives from Torrance. I'm wondering why "lowsprings" hasn't showed up yet. I was thinking of going through the members list and inviting the guys who live close,personally. Just might work!

7. dirt

dirt

thats a good idea.

8. I don't really want to make flyers. They always piss me off,people throwing shit in my car. I'd like to keep it just HAMBers,but it would be cool to get some new guys from around so cal. Don't want a bunch of street rods showing up.

9. eric

eric

BOB, you definitly get a thumbs up in my book. i remember when you tried starting the meet in Long Beach at the Frisco's i think on fridays??? i couldn't make it then (work) but tuesday nights is hell of alot easier to make!!! breakes up the week, kinda nice to BS with you guys and check out some cool tin while i'm at it!!! would be super cool to get more cars to show up... if you so-cal guys are in the area try to show up!!!! we need more tin!

10. Much better than a cruise night,IMO. Low key,no drama. HAMB guys speak the same language. No uptight,"see how much I spent",no-nothin Magoos. Yet to see anyone pull out the car-duster. Except maybe Rob,it's hard to maintain a finish like that. OOPS!,Hey Rob,love the pictures. Don't listen to the critics,take your pic's any way you want.

11. 133

are the mini trucks coming back next week? i love mini trucks, but they don't mesh with what we have, no offense to your buddies with the green truck.

12. BadLuck

BadLuck

How late do you guys usually hang out until?? Like I said before, I plan on making the drive a few times a month here shortly,the 52 is close to being drivable...so count me in as a future "Village Idiot":D

13. 133

most of us hang around till about 930-10.

14. BadLuck

BadLuck

Right on.. hope to meet you guys soon, save a spot under the tower for me!

15. 133

no need to sweat, we have plenty of spaces to fill, hahaha. you can stop on by without your Chevy, it's not required that you must show up with a car.

16. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

i'm going one of these days. just when i pull in to the garage i remember that it's Tuesday.:mad: i'll put a post it note on the dash to remind me to go hang out instead of going home on Tuesadays. :p

17. BadLuck

BadLuck

You know what..I might just do that. Maybe I'll take my son next Tues.

18. looz nutz

looz nutz

I will try to be there this tuesday with the family wagon. 94 Mercedes wagon I'm still building my 27 model T. Perhaps I will make new friends as you can see in the tittle I'm a fng. Well hope to see you there.

19. They aren't buddies,they are my neighbors. They love old cars so I told them to stop by. I also told them NO loud music,or stupid shit,or i'll fuck'm up. I don't want anything to ruin this.

20. Just come and meet the gang. There's a few guys who come by without their cars. It's all about the HAMB and getting to meet other members. We were all FNG's at one time too.

21. I'm gonna put together a caravan to the Mooneyes Show in Irwindale,in December. I'll post more details after I talk to the rest of the guys.

22. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

I don't want to be one of these "I'll be there for sure & not show up" kinda guys so i'll see you @ Pomona on Sunday and we'll see what happens on Tuesday. It's just that traffic is such a bitch at that hour driving from East L.A. I'd have to leave real early to make it through without getting stuck in it. How early to guys show up?

23. eric

eric

traffics not that bad SHORTDOG. i work in santa fe springs right off of the 5 fwy and carmenita and it takes me about 30 minutes, i don't even have to hit the brakes. so far theirs no traffic. but i get off of work at 7:30 i'm at the tower by 8.

24. I get there at 6:30. I like watching the guys drive in. We hang out til about 9:30 or 10,so it doesn't matter when you show.

25. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Thats the 5fwy, I am off the 60 & 710 so it still takes me a while to get to the 605 then a good while to get down to the 5. I was thinking of going out the 60 to the 57 south, I think that way would be best. What time does everything kick off?

26. 60 to the 57 would probably be the better route for you. Get off at Imperial and go east to Yorba Linda blvd,vear left,and take it to Village Center drive. Turn in the first driveway past Village Center drive.

27. dirt

dirt

hey shortdog (and anyone else)if you need to come out here earlier to beat the traffic. you could cruise over to my pad and hang out with me in the garage. im not working so i'm home and i live pretty close to the tower.

dirt

28. Met a few guys at Pamona yesterday,that said they were coming. Better not puss-out and not show. I want to build up the Idiots to about 20 or 30 cars a week. So far it's just HAMBers,but all are welcome,so tell your buddies.

29. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Bob is right, even thou I will most likely not make it for a while (busy as hell during the week), alot of people just talk the talk and not walk the walk (or drive the drive in this case).
    If you say your comming, stand by it.

30. toad 56

toad 56

hey bob , after sunday I think you should put a NOT FOR SALE sign on your car. that would make things easier. my buddy mark and I are coming tuesday night,but he wants me to drive his nova. can't wait to light up the 540! I hope rob"hellbound gasser"shows up so I can talk to him about measurements on his chrysler. see you there