Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThePress, Oct 12, 2006.

1. ThePress

ThePress

When you guys ask new members to provide an Intro, do you mean to fill out the Member profile, or is there something else?

2. rizzorace

rizzorace

Look at the top of this page, there is a section for new member introductions.

3. Click the big button that says:the H.A.M.B. at the top, then click Hokey Ass Message Board under General Discussion Forum, then where it says "Sub-Forums: Hokey Ass Message Board", click
    "New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!", read the first post, "Sticky", then go back with the big green arrow and start a new thread and tell about yourself. If you are into "Rat Rodz", "Import Tunerz", or "Bling Bling", it's probably best to keep it in the closet and seek help from some sort of twelve step program...

4. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

If you're into the rat rod scene, think of yourself as a gay joining the Marines. Don't ask, don't tell and pray no one finds out.

And for God's sake fill out the profile. Others like to know who they're dealing with. Oh, and stating something cute for where you're located like saying Oz or state of Confusion is fun for a while, but it gets old about the fifth time you post a FOR SALE item and everyone wants to know where you live. Trust me, it's annoying for everyone. I live in a little 'village' between two small towns near a bigger city, I appropriatly typed Near Dayton, OH. That was fair and accurate and everyone seems pretty content with it.

Vance

5. All of the above. I tend to read profiles and note how old someone is and where they are from and taylor my responses accordingly (but not always):D .

6. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

maybe there's some way that ryan could make it so when someone signs up, they can't post unless they do a proper intro...lol

i know, too much trouble to be worth it but it would make things a little less annoying!:p

7. Good idea for the Questions & Suggestions spot.

8. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

just checked...already brought up and ryan said what i thought he would. it is a nice thought though:rolleyes:

check it out

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC