Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking for a hilborn scroungers guide

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SuperKONR, May 27, 2024.

1. SuperKONR

SuperKONR
    from All over

I've been halfass looking for a mechanical injection setup for a SBC for awhile. Is there a catalog I could download somewhere that has specs on the different part numbers for manifolds, pumps, nozzles etc? Been looking at Hilborn stuff as it seems like they are the easiest to find parts for. Would like to be able to figure out what part numbers match up for my application so that when I'm at swap meets or on ebay I can start picking stuff up.
    Thanks

2. Be aware that Holley bought Hilborn and Hilborn is pretty much no more. So if you need parts, the search may take quite a while.

SuperKONR likes this.
  3. SuperKONR

SuperKONR
    from All over

Yes I was going to call them for info but Holley shut down the brand not too long ago. I see parts come up for sale but need to know how to ID what I'm looking for.

4. RodStRace

RodStRace

While vintage catalogs will be your best source for matching up systems and parts, this may help you see what's available today.
    https://kinsler.com/Shop/constant-flow-mechanical/
    There have been threads here on Hilborn stuff and many searches lead back here. Keep trying different topics to look for old posts.

EDIT: AND THIS GUY!!! next post.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
    SuperKONR likes this.
  5. 402BOSSMAN

402BOSSMAN

I've got a few SBC Hilborn Injectors I just finished restoring. I'm the sole guy restoring and making parts for Hilborn Injectors. Happy to help any way you need.

6. 1biggun

1biggun

My advice buy a complete set up and be sure it's set up the type of fuel you want to run .

Lots of alcohol sprint car set ups for sale in the $1000 or so range .

Not a lot of gasoline set ups for sale.

The older 2 1/16" Hilborn set ups that take stacks held on with two screws like in my avatar are about impossible to find original stacks for. If you do there expensive.
    I have been looking .
    They often have a barrel valve with only one line in and no bypass port.
    So there set up options are limited.

Old Hilborn pumps are a crap shoot. No easy way to know if there good or not with out trying or having one flowed And there not made any more so new non hiborn ones might be needed

Would be great if you can buy one off a running engine .

I got a hodge podge of stuff and I suspect half I bought won't work for what I need.

RodStRace likes this.
  7. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

I’ve been looking myself. I just keep talking myself out of it because of drivability on the street. I’m afraid it will be a constant struggle.
    Looks like 402BOSSMAN may be the connection. At one time A60sracer had several for sale.

8. catdad49

catdad49

9. 402BOSSMAN

402BOSSMAN

10. RodStRace

RodStRace

NICE stuff!

I will note though that what's the point of Insta if it has a pop up that says, sign with facebook?
    Just an old man shaking his fist at the clouds...

11. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I might have some stuff for you, let me look later tonight or tomorrow. As far as pumps go I went through this stuff with my race car in my avatar. Your best bet is to buy a new one they are rebuildable. And see Alky Digger or Smithberg Racing Boss Fuel Injection.

Pat

1biggun likes this.