Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest My Dad's HAMB friendly certifications

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gotmark73, May 26, 2024.

1. gotmark73

gotmark73

My dad died in October 2020, I finally have my garage to the point of putting up some garage art. First thing I put up were some of his certificates. Sun engine and Sun electrical. Delco, Rochester carbs. Rambler dealer mechanic. And the one he was most proud of, Willy's Carburator and Ignition. I have been organizing and after almost three and a half years finally able to comingle our tools. I have so many fond memories but it still hurts and I miss him. Just needed to brag a bit on him, I hope this falls within the scope of the board. 20240526_203351.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Fordors

Fordors

You certainly should be proud of your father’s accomplishments and displaying those certificates is a great tribute to him. May he RIP.
    Also, I’m sure you must be aware of the reputation Willy’s Dyno Shop had for doing ignition work and high performance tune ups in your father’s era. I don’t recall when the shop closed up, was it in the 1970’s?

3. Wow! What a fabulous tribute to your Dad. Good on you for keeping his memory alive like this.

hrm2k, 41 GMC K-18, Fordors and 5 others like this.
  4. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

That is way awesome!!!!

hrm2k, gotmark73, 41 GMC K-18 and 4 others like this.
  5. BJR

BJR

I would be proud of all those certificates your dad earned too. Hang them with pride.

hrm2k, gotmark73, 41 GMC K-18 and 4 others like this.
  6. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

A very nice way to memorialize your Dad! The part about commingling tools rings a bell here as I have done the same with my dad’s tools.

Thank you for sharing your story!

7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

That’s awesome and no better way to honor your father and share the garage with him

8. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Many of us could only dream of getting their car “power tuned” at Willy’s in Blue Island back in the day.:(
    Excellent idea displaying your fathers certificates.

9. Speccie

Speccie

That is very cool.

gotmark73 likes this.