Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Folks Of Interest Steve Magnante GoFundMe.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamedabone, May 26, 2024.

1. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steve finally has a GoFundMe. If you haven't heard his story, he got sick as hell and has to sell all his cool stuff. Help a brother out, will ya? It would be a nice way to pay him back for all the cool knowledge he has shared over the years.

https://gofund.me/31c861db

-Abone.

2. Man this breaks my heart. He seems like a genuinely good dude.

3. Steve is an incredibly cool and knowledgeable guy. I’m glad he is feeling better.

4. Back to the top. Thanks.

hrm2k, brady1929 and jim snow like this.
  5. I saw it in Instagram and will be giving something.

hrm2k, chryslerfan55 and JalopyJimbo like this.
  6. 97k already! That’s awesome!

hrm2k, seb fontana and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. RAK

RAK

Did it. Just wish he didn't have to get rid rid of his stuff also, that really hurts and he's been through enough already.

8. Already hit his goal total.

hrm2k likes this.
  9. He should up the goal. No way 100k even touches his 8 week? hospital stay.

10. Up to $115k, I just donated.

hrm2k and RAK like this.
  11. I would hope he had some sort of health insurance and that has taken the majority of the hit, but who knows ? Just glad he is kinda back on his feet again.

12. It’s possible he was uninsured, but many policies are only 80/20 after deductible is met. So his deductible plus 20% is still probably a huge sum.

hrm2k and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. whiteknuckle

whiteknuckle
    from Dryden, NY

He has a number of videos on YouTube discussing car projects that he is selling off. If he has insurance it sounds like it was woefully inadequate for the health issues he had. He mentions that he is selling his house, property, project vehicles and transportation vehicles and moving into his mother in laws house.

hrm2k and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Best insurance offer I got years ago only covered 20% of the bill IF they ok'd what was done beforehand. Needless to say I never bothered to get insured

hrm2k, 49ratfink and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. Currently at 200K and counting !

JalopyJimbo, hrm2k, bobss396 and 2 others like this.
  16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Just donated; I think. Checked; yes I'm on the list. Paypal billed me but wouldn't let me sign in but they sent me a receipt. PayPal really starting to piss me off.

Last edited: May 28, 2024
  17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

... also remember he has not worked for quite a while. love that Junkyard Gold show.

18. I had Cigna insurance with my heart surgery. The 1st bill was around $175k, then it dropped to $151k finally $121K. This was for 10 days in the hospital. My out of pocket was less than $600. But he was laid up for months. I would have rather gone bankrupt.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. HOTRODNORSKIE

HOTRODNORSKIE
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Up here you can ask the hospital for a donation form somebody looking for a tax write off found one for my mother after she had three strokes and cancer that they found in the hospital the doner paid the whole bill. She's going fine now .

20. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

he was at 273K last night I think.

Deuces, bobss396, hrm2k and 2 others like this.
  21. Doug520

Doug520

I was blessed with stellar insurance through my employer when I got sick. I paid extra per month for the Mac Daddy Cadillac plan they offered at the time. Cancer treatment, radiation, chemo, the whole nine yards, the total bill was almost $600K back in 2010. Total out of pocket cost to me was less than $1K. In gratitude for my very good fortune I'm about to make a contribution to Steve. He seems like a very cool guy. Wishing him the best.

22. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$310 large as of a few moments ago. Hope it is enough to save the family farm and some toys

23. Wow, over $300k raised. It seems he had no health insurance. I suspect that most people wouldn't get enough charity in similar situations.

chryslerfan55 and bobss396 like this.
  24. My girlfriend is an administrator for a local hospital and handles who qualifies for what percentage of financial aid. She sees many business owners that have no insurance at all. There is always a scammer looking to get over on them.

chryslerfan55 and JalopyJimbo like this.
  25. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

Donated $50. His YouTube channel makes him money too; subscribe and "like" his videos.

26. I looked last night, it was over $319k....

41 GMC K-18 and Steve Ray like this.
  27. chicken

chicken
    from Kansas

Up to 345K now. I don't usually donate to things, but this guy truly deserves it. He's a good one. :)

chryslerfan55, 41 GMC K-18 and hrm2k like this.
  28. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox

Fortunately, Steve isn't most people. He is one of our "us", so he is family. I now have even more respect for our brothers in arms than before, and the feeling was already very high ! The HAMB has reinvigorated my now 77 year- old blood. High praise to our guru, Ryan, for creating such a cool project in the first place.

29. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox

How or who do I contact to donate ?

30. chryslerfan55 likes this.