Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 Chopped Chevy Sedan Delivery

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by RMONTY, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Welcome! It has been in the weather so the links and rubber parts need looked over real good, but it should be solid. It will put you in the weeds for sure.

I can't talk about what I did to my car... Fight Club rules and such, but it is air ride now.

RMONTY, drdave and Cosmo49 like this.
  2. RMONTY

RMONTY

Well I'll be anxious to check your ride out in person!

3. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Your car is more together. :D It's still fun to look at mine though.

RMONTY, Budget36 and drdave like this.
  4. RMONTY

RMONTY

Did you chop it like @Pinstriper40 taught us?

Pinstriper40 and drdave like this.
  5. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I did not. I have another project in mind for that training.

It has had a full chassis build and all the body surgery that requires. I am not changing the body at all, as it already had a *meh* paint job that was good enough for my plans for the car.

My problem has been real life getting in the way of finishing it. My wife's health, raising kids, and work have all had other ideas about how I spend my time. It will get "done" this year if those three things let me finish it.

RMONTY, guthriesmith and drdave like this.
  6. RMONTY

RMONTY

Boy don't I know about how life gets in the way. I've been through shoulder surgery, cataract surgery, open heart surgery, 3 job changes and all sorts of things so I get it! But! I drove this car for the first time in July, and drove it probably 50 miles or so this weekend. Stay the course is all I have to say! You will get there!

brEad, loudbang, Pinstriper40 and 3 others like this.
  7. Man, looking awesome Robin! Very excited to get to see it come spring!

@Nostrebor sorry to hear about all the life in the way. Just when you think you've reached the part of life where some time will become available, there's less than ever before, or at least so it seems.

brEad, RMONTY and Nostrebor like this.
  8. RMONTY

RMONTY

It's friggin ugly but I'm going to have it in primer, some interior done, and hopefully the Vintage Air rocking by then. With the very much appreciated dropped front end setup I might even have her in the weeds! Lots to do between now and then though!

drdave, guthriesmith and Pinstriper40 like this.
  9. hillbillyrabbit

hillbillyrabbit

Just seeing this thread made my day. Thanks for the update Robin and if you take a road trip to Missouri, let me know. I bet you will come pretty close to here and I might just decide to tag along.

RMONTY, guthriesmith and Pinstriper40 like this.
  10. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I appreciate it guys. It's all good... just life. I'm glad to still have my wife to take care of. Old cars can wait. I have been working on the shop, and am now to the car, so by spring I should be close to having it back together enough to have a fun summer of shakedown. Interior will have to come later, but that is just part of it.

11. That @Nostrebor guy is alright, I don’t care what you guys say. :D Very cool to help get Robin’s car where it belongs…in the weeds. Looking forward to checking the car out in person soon. And, hopefully I will see you again Easter weekend @Nostrebor? :)

12. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Y'all let me know when you're coming up... I will be having a working shop party 4/19-4/21/24 doing a little "Custom how" on a '40 sedan, but any other time is fine as long as I'm in town! Great to see somebody drivin' somethin'! Keep on making progress, Robin! Sounds like we all might have to get together for a shakedown run at the Stray Kat! Be well!

13. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

*IF* my employer is kind, and life cooperates, I will be there in a very freshly birthed 51 Chevy build. It will still have spots!:p

Realistically Stray Cat is more likely, but we shall see...

14. Understood. One way or the other, hope to see you again soon. If I don’t get off my butt and do some work on my 56, I may have to be a passenger with someone for both of those events… :oops:

Dick Stevens and Nostrebor like this.
  15. RMONTY

RMONTY

What's going on Easter weekend?

16. SWMO Hot Rod Hundred in Springfield, MO…where I always am the Saturday before Easter. Now that your car is a runner, you will have to start coming along on some. We do one in Oklahoma too.

17. RMONTY

RMONTY

This youngster had no idea where we were at 4 am. I'll have to school him on the old school roadside stops.

We are on the way to Springfield to get the lowered front end that Nostrebor generously donated to the project.

Grabbed a Autowire wiring harness kit yesterday so i can get the wiring harness built. It's the Highway 15 kit I think is what it's called.

20231210_040747.jpg

18. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What goes around comes around, huh, Robin? Look at the people who have benefitted from you "paying it forward", now it's your turn. Thanks, @Nostrebor, you're a good man helping another good man.

19. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

They were at my house just after 9 this morning... from Texas. This is serious dedication to fetching car parts!

It was fun hanging out with you guys for a bit, and I'm glad I can contribute in a small way to the build. You've got me fired up to work on mine again, so it was a good trade!;)

brEad, RMONTY, drdave and 6 others like this.
  20. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Hahaa I was wondering if yall were gonna run up there this weekend.

trevorsworth likes this.
  21. RMONTY

RMONTY

Yep just got home. Nice drive up through Oklahoma and Southern Missouri! Thanks again for the parts and for the shop tour @Nostrebor ....good stuff and love what youve done with it. Your shop reminded me of Lone Star Mopars shop. Lifts included! Yalls stuff is much cleaner than my junky old shop! Thanks to Trevor for providing the transpo to and from Missouri!

17022459500586973175551277327186.jpg

22. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

o_OYou don't have that switched out yet?:rolleyes: What's taking you guys so long?;)

23. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

24. RMONTY

RMONTY

The stepped lower a arms are legit looking. Whoever did those did a damn fine job. I'm going to take a needle scaler to the assembly and get it prepped and painted. Will probably be a few weeks before we try to change it out.

Got some other things to do to make the car more of a pleasure to drive. Right now it's like riding down the road in a steel drum with someone banging on it with a baseball bat. The rear floorboard and rear door needs to get finished up and installed. I've got some insulation to put on the walls and ceiling. I want to keep the thing where I can drive it if the mood strikes me!

Nostrebor, brEad, drdave and 4 others like this.
  25. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was a busy day at Robin's house of hot rods.

IMG_8685.jpg

At long last, the boring & lame stock front clip came off...

IMG_8687.jpg

We rattle-can rebuilt the dropped front end and bolted it on.

IMG_8689.jpg
    IMG_8695.jpg
    IMG_8693.jpg

This dropped it 4" in the front and gives the car a pretty nasty rake.

brEad, Outback, Nostrebor and 14 others like this.
  26. Son of a bitch that looks good :cool:

27. RMONTY

RMONTY

Thanks again @Nostrebor for the dropped front end!

28. Damnit that looks good! Did I mention how damn good it looks? Hell yes Robin! I'm excited!

29. RMONTY

RMONTY

30. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

RMONTY likes this.