Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods COOL HEADLIGHT STANDS. - picture thread -

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clem, Jul 14, 2018.

1. clem

clem

thanks for posting these.
    I saw them only a few days ago and thought that I must add them to this thread !
    Very neat and you saved me posting them. - all credit to you, I really like them.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  2. clem

clem

Those are neat, and incorporate the shock mount.
    My first attempt at making mine were similar but too boxy, but those I really like.

even more impressive is the spreader bar and the way it mimics/follows the curve of the grille surround.

the BEST that I have ever seen , thanks !

lostone likes this.
  3. clem

clem

4. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

@clem thank you, I actually built the spreader bar first then took and redone the stock model A truck shell to match my spreader bar.

Also made the headlight stands curve to match the grille and spreader bar.

clem likes this.
  5. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

I made headlight brackets that mount to a sub-structure which support both the grille/headlight. These fabricated brackets also conceals the wires giving a much cleaner appearance.

96.JPG 97.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  6. clem

clem

thanks for reviving this thread.
    I also like your vents on the side panels. Really neat !

7. This is a very clean look, thanks for sharing.

8. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Little known fact:
    GUIDE also made their famous headlights with the driving lights on top with a side mount, for big trucks. I got these off an old White semi for my T bucket and mounted them to my homemade grill shell (with reinforcement).
    ccr01_1.jpg ccr03.jpg

clem and X-cpe like this.
  9. 31 B'ville

31 B'ville
    from SE Pa
    1. All Things Pontiac

10. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. clem

clem

another one that caught my attention……..

IMG_7118.jpeg

12. Nacifan

Nacifan

My former record Bonneville Street Roadster holder and current El Mirage B/STR recorded holder ( if it didn't get bumped last weekend) had the coolest headlight mounts (1st picture) The guy I got it from used a bent pair of small block chevy connecting rod bent 90 degrees and painted black...wish I had the Chrome ones july 1996 357 roadster 009.JPG 357 July-15 001.JPG 357 July-15 003.JPG july 1996 357 roadster 009.JPG

dana barlow likes this.
  13. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

As a teen,in 1959,I made my own from 28A front fender brace,I cut off above the first bolt hole,then bent the bolt hole with heat,over tell level;drilled a little bigger for headlight mount bolt. They still work just find. I added chrome acorn nut for trim. 008.JPG

Just Gary and clem like this.
  14. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Here's another of my homemade headlight stand solutions. I wanted a set of easily removed headlights for my avatar champ car, which is to be streetable in addition to track ready. For track time I needed to make the headlights easily removable. So I sank two 1/2" drive deep well sockets into the frame upside down. The frame horn measured 3"deep and the sockets were 3" deep so they got welded into holes bored top-and-bottom. Then I took two extensions and I am adding an attachment plate to them so I can just snap the extensions in the frame and secure the attachment plate with a stainless button head 1/4 NF bolt.
    I found my U.S built headlights at a vintage autosport store in Christchurch New Zealand. What a souvenir! They came home in my suitcase. Jetisoned my socks and undies to make them fit. The headlights also contained parking light bulbes which may be used for turn signals. Years ahead of today's LED turn signals.

I still need to machine two sockets to hold the headlights. It would be nice to find concave sockets already available. Does anybdy have any idea if such a part is made?

I may also add an airfoil to the backside of each extension, in addition to gracefully bending them into an arc. Well see how it fits the vibe of the rest of the car.

headlite 03.JPG headlite 06.JPG headlite 09.JPG headlite 10.JPG headlite 11.JPG headlite 14.JPG headlite 16.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2024
    dana barlow likes this.