Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lloydfest 2024

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Mar 2, 2024.

?
  1. July- August

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. September- October

38 vote(s)
    84.4%
  1. I'm good with that! We'll come up with a cruise route and make it the last stop or something like that! Maybe the CCC can setup and sell food?

2. Hell I'm not afraid to ask them :D

Last edited: May 23, 2024
  3. John B

John B

The drive-in concession stand has some good food. The owner is a club member ya know.

4. Yes sir I know. So should I advertise this locally? Traditional only? Pre 1965, no billet, etc?

5. Heck yes! The more the merrier!

6. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Alyn and I are in. What a deal, now I can go to Bristol and not feel bad about missing Lloydfest 2024.:D I don't do Venmo, the checks in the mail;)

7. twenty8

twenty8

You might need to have a few large security guys at the gate to argue with the crowd that shows up in their OT cars with their attitude hangin' out.......;)

Selective invitation through clubs might be the go.

8. JohnLewis

JohnLewis

Honestly how else do you introduce kids to the car aspect? Why not make it open to everyone? If someone shows up in a civic thinking they are hot shit, expose them to the true car culture. If they are kicked around like every other show they go to, they can't experience a real true event. Not just based off cars but a culture and relationships, a experience. Why limit it? Show everyone the aspect of Llyod fest, a experience where everyone comes together for the joy of a culture and friendships. In my opinion and I don't even really know you. But I feel if I did, like myself. You would do what you can for anyone.

9. gene-koning

gene-koning

Be careful what you ask for. There are a lot of cars in KY, and early Sept is still "car show" season. If you invite them, they may come! Might have over 1,000 cars there! Expecting maybe 100 participants and getting 1,000 could overwhelm the resources quickly and make for a not so pleasant experience.

Maybe word of mouth might be a better approach then doing much advertising, and it would be cheaper too.

10. It’s never too early to introduce kids to cars!

scotty t, 51504bat and fastcar1953 like this.
  11. John B

John B

@Lloyd's paint & glass here's a thought. Go to Gateway Printing and get something like a business card printed up with all the pertinent information. Carry a few around with you and give them to people you think would appreciate or benefit from the experience that will be Lloyd Fest.

12. Lloydfest is a traditional gathering. I only had maybe 10 cars from the hamb last year. I had a few of my local friends bring their car. I don't want tuners and late model cars. Only traditional cars.

13. Let's introduce them to hot rods :D

14. I like it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. Trust me, I know my area, there's not that many traditional hot rods that I'll allow in. I don't care to turn people away.

16. Me and Alan will sit at the gate and drink moonshine. :cool:

17. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Yes, you certainly don’t want the LCC group from Lexington there. The Cars and a coffee in Southland is becoming a mess. The group from FSCC that gathers at the Stockyards have some traditional cars and members in it, plus some nice Muscle Cars, no tuners for the most part.

18. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lloydfest 2023 was set up for a select group, and in my opinion was a resounding success. This forum is a loose knit group bound by rules restricting the types of cars allowed, no different from Corvette or jacked up 4-wheel drive groups. Try going to a Corvette gathering sometime and parking your HAMB friendly car in the middle of that. You're going to get shown the exit pretty quickly. You're welcome to park outside the meet and spectate, but that's all.

19. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Well, that's my wife's and I birthday weekend, I'm the 6th, she's the 8th. That said, I'm finishing up a transmission build, delivery and install for a friend, along with replacing the cracked head on my 261 Chevy engine in my 1949 truck. Lots to do as well as a couple shake down trips before I can think about a 7-8 hour trip, but doable.
    It's Lloyd's home territory so he will have a pulse on who would come with what type of vehicle and such. I am for inclusion but I also think the hot rods and old stuff should be very separate from, let's say a '73 Caprice with rubber band wheels and dingle berries surrounding the front and back windshields.
    Hope I can make it, I'd really like to see what you guys are into and show you my truck.

20. You are correct! Poor choice of words!! ;)

chryslerfan55 and scotty t like this.
  21. kls50

kls50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Count me in for one. I should have gone to the Dr. last August and September when I was experiencing severe pain in my abdomen that would come and go. I waited too long until one day it would not go away. I thought it was just heartburn, but turned out my body was producing excessive amounts of red blood cells and was causing blood clots. When I finally went to the Hospital Oct 21st I had clots in my lungs, kidneys, liver and the vein to my spleen was completely blocked, which caused my severe pain. I had a stroke at the Hospital, and it still took 40% of my sight. Point is, don't be hardheaded like me and get checked out if you have severe pain. If you don't, you might miss Lloyd Fest like I did.

22. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Lloyd's paint & glass I've been out of town. Monday is Memorial Day so no mail. But the check will be in the mail Tuesday for sure,

23. Oh no hurry or worry, appreciate the help if you're able. Still a while to go

24. tim troutman

tim troutman

now that the date has change very good possibility I will be there again

25. Went out to the city commissioners memorial day festivities this evening. I asked about the horse arena, he said he didn't think we could get away with running cars around it, but the field next to it was open game lol. I mentioned toilets and he told me the porta johns will be provided, and he'll open the community center facilities if we want them. I believe this is gonna be a good spot. They are also providing the big grill to cook on.

26. JohnLewis

JohnLewis

I mean in the end is it not some vintage carriages running some ponys?

27. twenty8

twenty8

Really happy it is all falling into place for you Lloyd. You deserve good things to happen for you.
    Wish I could be there, but it's half a world away.....

28. Let's not piss off the owners!
    We could do a foot race, how many HAMBers equal one horsepower?

29. atch

atch

Lloyd,
    If those community center facilities have a lady's room I suggest that you try to get them open. Most ladies that I know object to using porta-potties.

Well, it they have my strength and stamina it would take a couple of thousand.

30. Yeah I'll have those toilets available. Pretty good walk from where we'll be, but you can drive down there