Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Maybe goofy question, but is “Paso” event Paso Robles?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Budget36, May 24, 2024.

1. Budget36

Budget36

My oldest is at a horse show in Paso Robles A ding and a dong went off.
    I am now wondering when I read things about “Going to Paso” are the two the same. ?

Yes, educate me:)

deadbeat likes this.
  2. Yes West Coast Kustoms used to host their annual memorial day long weekend show (Cruisin Nationals)in Paso Robles. The town decided, in 2007 I think, that they didn't want them there anymore so they moved to Santa Maria. That show is on this weekend.

Last edited: May 24, 2024
    Budget36 and deadbeat like this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

@K13 Thanks. Now I know!

4. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

They have brought back the show and still do it the same weekend but it is smaller. I like paso better than Santa Maria anytime. I go there just for the weekend to get out of town. They have a cruise every Friday night that goes up-and-down the Main Street.

Budget36 likes this.
  5. PotvinV8

PotvinV8

Yup, the city decided they didn't want the riff-raff taking over their wine-sipping little town, so they canceled the WCK's permit to hold the show. WCK moved the event to Santa Maria, but it's never been the same. It took a year or so before Paso realized the err of their ways, as many of the businesses in the downtown square area generated a large part of their annual revenue during the weekend of the show. The bars/restaurants in that area were always full throughout the weekend and many of the hotels were fully booked. That event was more like a festival than a car show as it took over the entire town.

Budget36 likes this.