Register now to get rid of these ads!

The spice of life.. The 66 Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'Off Topic Hot Rods & Customs' started by stubbsrodandcustom, May 24, 2024.

1. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

So after years of contemplating selling my 56 dodge pickup. I did a trade and $ exchange for a 66 Chevy pickup. Short bed fleet side. Since its year is kinda on that break point of HAMB friendly but the body style is still the older, I decided to put this thing here instead to keep the Mods happy.

I have wanted one of these trucks since I was 15, and never got around to getting one, other things on the bucket list have taken priority.

I had done everything I wanted to do with the 56. Gone everywhere I planned to ever go with her. She was sitting for months on end and not being driven, and she deserved better. I truly had gotten to a point where I hated driving it anymore. Everything I tried to make it more comfortable just didn't help. If I cant be comfortable driving something, it better damn sure be a chopped nasty Salt flat 34 3 window.

I was really thinking about a Suburban of these years, as I love the Burbs... I have also been thinking about wagons. I love the long roofs, what can I say. But this was the right one at the right time I guess. I really don't know if I will fall in love or not, but I can at least cross this off the List finally. Plus if I decide to sell its a desirable piece I think being fleetside SWB. If the right Burb or wagon came up I would probably trade. But time to enjoy the moment.

So enough of my blabbering lets dive into the gritty!
    Specs. It already has been clipped with the squarebody front Clip, Front Disc conversion with the clip, power steering installed, lowered, 5 lug converted all around. The Mill is a 283/350 combo, motor runs really well honestly. So alot of hard work has been done, just ready for the next level.
    Plans, AC, 700r4, floor pans, carpet kit and insulation, and maybe set it on air suspension(Unknown but maybe just the rear for added towing capacity)

Trading day.

66-1.jpg

66-2.jpg

66-3.jpg 66-4.jpg

2. Many years ago, I had a '65 that was my daily driver.
    Those a great trucks.
    Congratulations!

3. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

So trying to figure things out in my life a bit lately. I did alot of work on the truck fixing loose ends, then had to address my large statue and how to fit, Well I slid the column down 1" That helped some and picked up a cheapo steering wheel to see if I even like the truck. Driving it around, I am looking out the tint strip up top, ANOYING! I don't know why, but since I am tall, I like to sit low in my vehicles. I think I am trying to view the world through the windshield as a normal person would. haha.

So in a last-ditch effort to see if she stays or goes, I have some drop seat brackets coming in the mail for it. 2" lower should help that issue. It runs real well, rides good, just not the comfiest for my big ass. I love the extra width vs the 50s trucks, but I'd rather loose width than loose length. So, if moving the seat down helps, I will probably get a Mooneyes metalflake steering wheel to make me happy as this cheap touring looking stuff just isn't for me.

Here are a few shots of it. If this doesn't work out, I am throwing in the towel selling her and building another Model A out of all my spare parts and motors laying around.

IMG_6762.JPG

IMG_6774.JPG

IMG_6776.JPG

IMG_6778.JPG

4. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Put an 88 and newer bench seat in it , much thinner back way more room. Sometimes I section the mounting brackets for tall drivers.

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I used thosed dropped seat brackets in my 64. Made all the difference for my 6'2 300 lb big ass. Im still running a stock wheel too.