Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot rod scene, New Bern NC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevin Ardinger, May 23, 2024.

1. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

Hope this is the correct forum. Anyone know what the hot rod scene is like in or around New Bern NC? Looking to possibly retire somewhere in that area and would like to be able to connect with people that are into hot rods or classic muscle cars.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

. Maybe brett4christ will see this, he's in Greenville I believe

4. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am in Wilmington. Just had a 10 day vacation on the outer banks. I don't think there is much going on up in that area of the state. I think Raleigh and Charlotte are probably the most active. Down here in the Wilmington area we have some stuff going on, cars and coffee monthly, and a variety of shows monthly. Some clubs, Suncoast Cruisers, Mopar club, AACA, South Coast Cruisers, and then down into Myrtle Beach SC area.

5. B4C Checking in.....

Eastern NC is full of squatted trucks, wrapped Chargers, and daddy's BMWs. Not many hot rods.

Charlotte, Raleigh and Winston-Salem are the bright spots in NC. As @GordonC illudes, Wilmington as a decent scene and is convenient to Raleigh and Dirty Myrtle. For a spot with salt air AND hot rods, I'd probably pick Tidewater/Va Beach.

Don't get me wrong...New Bern (and close-by Morehead City) is a nice place for retiring folks...beach is close, food is good, lots of history...but if hot rods are your number 1, find another spot to hang your "RETIRED" hat.

I'm here for work, but once I retire, we will probably relocate west...Raleigh being a probable spot as it gets us closer to family, pastimes, and hot rods. Most of my hot rod friends will be within 2 hours at that point.

tractorguy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

Ok thanks. I gotcha. Actually the order would probably be golf, hot rods and fishing. Sounds like I’d fulfill two of those anyway.

7. @Kevin Ardinger Golf is probably "on par" (golf pun intended) with about anywhere. Fishing, on the other hand is (or can be) world class! Pamlico Sound, ICW, surf, and offshore fishing has something going on year-round. Big Rock is the headliner for the east coast, but there are TONS of other tournaments for the boater-type.

Given the two targets for relocation, I think I'd choose Morehead City over New Bern, if only for the proximity to the water. Hit me up if you need area-specific info.

8. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

I don't know if it will help but if you go on Facebook or Youtube and look up Larry Helms Photography or Larry's Cruise in you my see something from that area. He puts a lot of stuff out from NC. I would post a link but the one time I did they took it down due to OT cars in his videos.

Kevin Ardinger likes this.
  9. Move to Tennessee if it’s golf.
    Big golf community in Crossville, the golf capital of TN.
    Nashville is an hour away as is Knoxville and the mountains.
    Better tax situation, no income tax.

Just Gary and Kevin Ardinger like this.