Register now to get rid of these ads!

CRAGARS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Hot Rods & Customs' started by scotty t, May 17, 2024.

1. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

2. Deuces

Deuces

Sharpone likes this.
  3. If anyone has some skinny’s, direct 5 x 4,5 BP, they need to get outta their life….my Falcon would appreciate it haha

Deuces, Sharpone and scotty t like this.
  4. wicarnut

wicarnut

Have I missed something, new technology ? welding aluminum to steel ? pretty sure they were riveted back together, you can chrome aluminium.

SS327 likes this.
  5. lol,,,no,,,,the aluminum is cast around the steel spokes .
    Then,,, the steel is welded to the rim .
    You have to look at one from the backside,,,then you see how easy it is .

Tommy

wicarnut and scotty t like this.
  6. Balljoint

Balljoint

upload_2024-6-1_22-3-10.jpeg
    Those were the first thing I installed on my Grand Prix after purchasing it.

scotty t and 427 sleeper like this.
  7. It turns out new 15 x 6 direct drilled cragar S/S’s are a bit scarce. I found the 8”s at summit and one 6” from amazon but the fourth is a bit more elusive. I have one ordered but haven’t seen it yet and the vender isn’t very responsive. I think there are more out there but until this is resolved i’m not trying to order another one. At least the boxes are cool :D EF227B30-B084-48FF-A8B8-22AA459ECCC6.jpeg

8. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Although they are kinda ugly the first vehicle I ever had was an '86 Chevy Custom Deluxe Short Bed Step Side when I was 15, and before I turned 16 I went to Super Shops and bought a set of Cragar Super Spoke wheels with BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires. It had 295/50's out back, and I think a 245/70 up front. Even though I wanted the real SS wheel, I couldn't afford them, and I spent every penny I had to buy those wheels and tires and they said CRAGAR on the center caps, and that mattered. I simply couldn't drive a bone stock truck to school on my 16th birthday! (cant find pics of the truck, that was 30 years ago)

Attached Files:

Desoto291Hemi and scotty t like this.
  9. Anderson

Anderson

Found original round spoke 14" and 15" Cragars for the '57. The Olds has had a couple sets of Cragars on it. The last one is dad's '63 Lemans AWB car.
    IMG_3366.JPEG
    DSCN1711.jpg
    CIMG5465.jpg
    IMG_5684.JPG

10. Old local Detroit Dragway car…bought with no engine..351W put in, changed out the 4:56 with a 3:73, and added Cragars…bitchin little car

Gone down to Georgia now

IMG_4714.jpeg

lumpy 63, swade41, scotty t and 4 others like this.
  11. A little update to the story, I ran into the guy yesterday at a local swap meet and you won't believe what has transpired.
    Not sure how it lead up to this but he said the chrome shop bought another pair of vintage 15x4's out of Tennessee that are direct drill like before but these are American made, not the Mexico's I sold him.
    They are rechroming them and sending them to him so he has a matching pair of wheels again.
    This chrome shop is bending over backwards to have a happy customer, pretty crazy.

loudbang, lumpy 63, Deuces and 2 others like this.