Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Features Whats the latest re The Rodders Journal?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by andydodge, Apr 16, 2024.

1. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, I understand 100%. I'm cheap too. But in my case, having received no concrete info from TRJ about whether my subscription was still good (if it was, I would have gladly waited!) I didn't want to take the chance of missing the Pat Ganahl tribute article. To me it was worth it.
    I guess one way of looking at getting the mag from a secondary source - maybe I'm now supporting two small businesses instead of one? :)

2. jcb50

jcb50

Just received #84 and #85 in the mail as promised. Good to see Steve is a man of his word!!!

rod1, Cooon, Outback and 8 others like this.
  3. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

hotrodharry2 and EVL401 like this.
  4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

So the waiting game continues. I did receive #84 and #85 after waiting literally for years.
    I have to admit I was skeptical that I would ever get them.
    Now I’m wondering again. I sent TRJ another email asking what was happening again along with my lifetime member number.

I was hoping that they could get back to a regular delivery schedule for subscribers although we’re used to waiting for literally months after an issue has been published to receive our copies here in Canada.

Maybe the TRJ delivery wait has become traditional o_O:D

GZ and Scooterville like this.
  5. That's promising! I emailed earlier this week as I still haven't seen 84 and 85 myself but know of a few subscribers receiving theirs a few months ago now throughout Aus. maybe I might see mine this week or next!

Outback and Scooterville like this.
  6. 800-750-9550
    443-448-4175

7. andy dewitt

andy dewitt

Ordered mine from Pasteiners’s Auto Zone Hobbies in Birmingham , Mi. They have all three covers 9.95 shipping , good people. 248-646-2886.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Scooterville likes this.
  9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

here it is full size

rj.JPG

Outback, EVL401, JalopyJimbo and 2 others like this.
  10. Must be busy... Voicemail was full.. unable to leave a message.. I did send a email regarding renewel of my subscription a week ago.. still waiting on a response on that...

11. Their contact info seems about as useful as opening the window and yelling. You get the same results. Crickets.

12. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Still waiting!!

13. I'm sure someone here has contact with Steve Coonan. I'm also pretty sure Steve knows about the HAMB and probably checks in here at times. I don't understand why someone "in the know" doesn't chime in and communicate about what is really going on. We all want to support the Rodder's Journal. If they would just communicate a little bit and tell us something we would all feel better. If they are having trouble with distribution just let us know! The silence is very confusing and frustrating to me. A simple email or post here would go a long way!!!

Carter, Just Gary, 5window and 4 others like this.
  14. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

TM427, Steve used to post on the HAMB, but now all we hear is crickets.

You're right about how the lack of communication is the best way to destroy all the goodwill and confidence in your business you've built up over many many years. Sad to experience this.

I am among the thousands who want TRJ to continue and thrive once again. I wait like an expectant father pacing the maternity waiting room waiting for news of the arrival of a newborn. Funny, reality is I'm waiting on a magazine. Go figure.

Please Steve, support those who support you, and open up the lines of communication. It's your business that will benefit from doing so.

15. As the guy that started this thread.......... what Stovebolt has said is ALL I wanted............some infomation about how us heathen non subscribers & non North Americans can support TRJ......I've just ordered it from Autobooks in California........total cost is magazine...$25.00 ,shipping $45.00.........Total is $70.00 Aust..............so yep.....I was/am prepared to put my money where my mouth is & would have preferred the money to go to Steve Coonan.......oh well......it is what it is..........BTW I've just come home from a 1500km round trip to the 2024 Sydney Hot Rod Show..........didn't take any pics...........I'm sure there will be some on faceplant etc..regards from Oz......Andy Douglas.

16. twenty8

twenty8

User-name: TRJ
    Last logged on: 23rd of April 2024
    He would be well aware of what is being said.....

Last edited: May 26, 2024
  17. Maybe @Ryan could get in touch with @TRJ if they haven’t seen this thread by now, and give current customers some new updates since the last one was in April. Just a thought. I don’t have any issues with them personally and wish them the best. I know they are working hard to get back to 100%

Last edited: May 26, 2024
    hotrodA and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Guys it’s been four years of this. I think we can call the horse decimated and quit kicking.

if they were going to communicate in a functional way they’d have done it by now.

No one knows more than anybody else.

it is what it is.

19. twenty8

twenty8

No, their last log-in was April this year. Their last post with "info" was end of April 2021.

Scooterville and proartguy like this.
  20. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Woohoo good to hear!

My thoughts exactly..... Patiently waiting

THAT MONSTER KID likes this.
  21. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A fellow UK rodder has just posted elsewhere a brief report of a visit he made to TRJ offices and met with Steve. It's Steve plus one there and they're struggling to recruit admin help. Much of the report is a repeat of known issues, supplier difficulties with printing and distribution. Implicit in the report is that they're still there, soldiering on, trying hard to get of top of things, which has to be good news and applauded.

Chris

22. Rodsports

Rodsports

Highlander, take care mate, heal well and quickly. RodSports.

theHIGHLANDER likes this.
  23. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Unfortunately I believe Tim is right. Sad to say!

chopped and Special Ed like this.
  24. I’ve been to their office a few time and spoke to Steve and Geoff. Was there recently to pick up #86. #87 is almost ready for the printer. It may be at the printer now, not sure. They are not done.

25. mgermca

mgermca

Does a link to this report exist? Care to share it?

Thx

Happydaze and Special Ed like this.
  26. With a simple Google search using ‘UK Rodder’s Journal’ I found it. Hope this helps.

IMG_4694.jpeg IMG_4695.jpeg IMG_4696.png

27. The 500 emails a day is 100% their own doing. They have everyone's email address, they have a Facebook page, they have an Instagram account, they have an account here. It would take about 10 minutes once a month to update all of those sources to keep customers informed. Even if they don't have answers it's reassuring to customers to know they are being thought of. Silence for months/years on end is unacceptable. Absolutely garbage customer service and if they were any other company they would be getting ripped apart on here.

28. ...So, can you respond to 15,000 e-mails in 10 minutes and still publish a magazine?:rolleyes: