Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Answering Hot Rod E-Mails

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, May 22, 2024.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Middle of last week I sent e-mails with questions about current price and availability of products to Ride Tech, Johnson's Radiator, Johnson's Hot Rod Parts, and Walden/Hot Rod Brake CO. All these companies are running full and multi page ads in one or more of the remaining print venues. I'm wanting to spend a lot of money but they seem very disinterested? Walden I understand because no one knows if he's in business or not. I ran my hot rod chassis business for 40+ years and to my knowledge never failed to return a PH call or e-mail?

2. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Walden is still in business, he's not doing the BMW thing anymore, but I understand he's a one man show.

3. squirrel

squirrel

Prosperity is a bitch.

4. Oneball

Oneball

I find the same and it’s really annoying, my hearing is a bit shot and I often struggle on the phone so email is a god send but people just say “should have phoned” :mad:

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  5. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Wait until when you have to call Holley or one of Brands under there Umbrella
    Typically 30 plus hold wait as much as 2hr , then tech does not know the product,

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

After getting the Bums rush from Coker the other day I called Jegs where I bought the tires and was put on hold for about 10 minutes when a machine voice came on the line with the usual (We are experiencing higher than normal call volume today) and a moment later said (you are caller # 54) I hung up and said F--K It.

7. Voice Mail is a tool of the devil!

8. 73RR

73RR

Yup, same problems as others. I found a kinda-new flexplate manufacturer and passed it along to a customer. Customer says they don't answer emails so I send one....still waiting months later.
    I can understand being busy or one-man-show deal but answer the damn mail.

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

Answer E-Mails. Last thing I do at night and again first thing in the morning since I don't text message.

10. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

The days of Customer Service on the phone are long gone, sadly.

11. I just found out the other day that Summit no longer has a tech department…

lo c dan likes this.
  12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gone or in India, which is the same.

13. BJR

BJR

I try not to do business with companies that will not talk to me or answer my emails. Sadly that doesn't leave many to do business with.

14. Big ads don’t = lots of employees
    Alan told me this week he assembled the first several hundred radiators himself.
    Car show season is in full swing.
    Try emailing Shane at JHRS. He’s the main parts guy

AHotRod likes this.
  15. leon bee

leon bee

I got a message from the AAA auto club the other day to introduce their new AI "Virtual Assistant". How you spose that's gonna work out? This was right after I spent 51 minutes on the fone to Bombay trying to get my internet working right.

Desoto291Hemi and twenty8 like this.
  16. Gary, to talk to a human is still possible if you call at the proper time. It's different for many companies. However, your post is about email. I have had the same exp. with many companies. Sometimes I get an answer in a couple of weeks. However, with age, it has been my plan to not beg people to take my money. If they make it too difficult, I walk away. I don't have any answers at all. How do you know if people are understaffed, overwhelmed or really don't care?????

pirate, 29A-V8 and tractorguy like this.
  17. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

I find that the bigger the company, the worse their customer "service" is, with few exceptions. And if the company has been sold, good luck getting any tech advice. Also, with smaller companies, the bigger the owners ego, the worse their customer service becomes. Go figure.

lothiandon1940 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  18. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

OIP.jpg

19. spanners

spanners

This is not an excuse for shoddy company behaviour but a while ago we were waiting on some important information regarding tax statements from the Government. After waiting what seemed like forever I rang the department and was told to look in my spam folder as it might be there. It was, for some reason the 'puter thought it was spam.
    This could be the case for some of the emails sent to these businesses.

20. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

I watch my junk/spam mail very carefully. So far nothing?

19Eddy30 and seb fontana like this.
  21. A leading hot rod publication must subscribe to the same practice of ignoring emails.
    Or maybe I’m on their Do Not Resuscitate list. Just saying.

Happydaze likes this.
  22. SPEC

SPEC

If you need Hot Rod parts coll Yogis, a real person will ansure the phone. Or check their web site yogisinc.com. Great people to deal with.

23. spanners

spanners

It might be that your emails are going to their spam folder. Or they are being arseholes and ignoring everyone.

29A-V8 likes this.
  24. partssaloon

partssaloon

How about no customers showing up for the SEMA show one year

25. Ziggster

Ziggster

Damn! Can’t even get my girls to answer text messages. Their generation barely uses a phone.
    Used to deal periodically with a guy at work (fed Gov’mt - military). Could never get a hold of him via email, so would go visit him. Told me he doesn’t answer e-mails and had over 4,000 unopened emails in his inbox. Lol!

AHotRod, tractorguy and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  26. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

Frustrating. The 3 companies I contacted won't answer e-mails or currently the phone. Leave a message and we'll get back to you? CRICKETTS Maybe it's me and they don't want my business? I'm wanting to buy Kinmont style brakes, radiators, and shocks, all high dollar parts. ?????????????

27. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Unlike the old days where you had to use a telephone or even (gasp!) write a letter, emails are so easy to do that people send them at the drop of a hat. I imagine these companies are inundated with them, with questions about pricing, looking for free advice, and so on. If they're a small shop it probably gets away from them, so they have thousands of unanswered messages in their in boxes.

I still try to use the telephone whenever possible. Yesterday, I called AAA to get my daily driver towed to the repair shop (there's some mysterious brake issue they need to look at.) The voice messaging system at AAA tried to direct me to their website several times, but I kept pressing the 3 key for NO, and after about 30 seconds it finally connected me with a real person.

tractorguy likes this.
  28. Yup they have everyone's money and are incommunicado for years and everyone say "they are doing the best they can" a company who has none of your money and takes more than a couple days to get back to you and it's "shit customer service".

29A-V8 likes this.
  29. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

They don't want or need your money, so find someone else that does.

29A-V8 likes this.
  30. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The amount of spam these days can make it difficult to keep on top of email, so things can quickly get neglected. Also, many (especially younger staff) think it's all happening on Facebook (or even moved on from there!) so email and websites fall down their pecking order.

Chris