Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Active HAMB Members.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26 T Ford RPU, May 10, 2024.

1. bchctybob

bchctybob

I try to get on here every day just to see what's happening. I don't read as many posts as I'd like to, but I always find something interesting in the first few pages and go check it out. Of course, I have my favorite threads that I always have to catch up on.
    I got here through lurking on the Header Flames, Nitronic Research site years ago. I was doing some work for the early N/FC guys and it was a good source for current events and behind-the-scenes stories. Someone posted about The Jalopy Journal so I went and checked it out. At first it seemed a little too greaser-hoodlum-rockabilly-tattoo-y for my tastes but some posters showed some real knowledge so I stuck around. Glad I did.

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

No wonder Mark is a ball buster. ;)

Not sure where that box came from... Moriarity is punishing me.

Attached Files:

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Part of the reason that a bunch of people here hate me....

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

21 Years and counting..... Love being a Moderator, its like sport Shooting!
    Bang!

ha ha

5. Kinda like separating the wheat from the chaff.

Ben

6. You made me look. So I looked up my profile page to see how active I was. Also to see when I joined, and if my birthday was posted ect.? I don't do other social media, or look at other sites. Just never been much on watching TV, or computers. I even buy most stuff in person at swap meets, toy shows, or junkyards ect. A friend told me about the HAMB. So I started looking for awhile, then found how to join. Even though my PC is logged in most of the time. I'm not always on line. I really like the HAMB, and also YouTubes. Both are like my time machine. So I found that I joined in 2015, over 7,ooo post, 78,000, likes, and 6 threads. I guess I'm more active than I thought.:rolleyes:Lol Thanks for all your post, and putting up with me. Your guys are like family. Ron......

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

The dynamics of this place is different from any other board I have visited. I have a ton of friends I made here. Come to think of it......it's my only friends. :cool:

8. Ziggster

Ziggster

Spending more time here lately. For sure have been bitten by the traditional hot rod bug. Just need to get something on the road…

Sharpone, 26 T Ford RPU and bchctybob like this.
  9. TRAVLR

TRAVLR
    from NC

I have been following The HAMB for about 12 years. Just joined about 2 years ago.
    I have always enjoyed reading the members experiences and the cars. I am probably on the site at least once or twice a week, but not always logged on. ( Not being unsociable, just really busy!)

10. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

BEEN IN THE HAMB FAMILY 15 YEARS AND COUNTING

11. Deuces

Deuces

Me????...... At least 10 times a day....:D:confused:o_O;)

12. When I mentioned that I check in every few years earlier, I was obviously joking. This is my only online presence at all and I spend way too much time here. But, this is the only place I know where we can talk traditional cars and everyone gets it… :D

Sancho, RDR, hotrodjack33 and 8 others like this.
  13. I was a lurker/deadbeat for the last few years, but recently have been visiting and interacting more because the stuff on FB and Instagram is just too overwhelming, too shiny, too commercial. The HAMB is a little more my speed these days; more hobby oriented instead of "professional builders" everywhere you look.

14. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I've had spurts of inactivity over the years, usually when whatever car I'm building is way OT for this place, but my HAMB account is old enough to buy alcohol so I think it's ok to not check in all the time.

26 T Ford RPU, Sharpone and alanp561 like this.
  15. Sharpone

Sharpone

I’m fairly new here but really like this place I get on at twice a day , replaced TV with HAMB!
    Thank you moderators I sure hope no one hates any moderators .You you guys are a lot like cops no one likes getting pulled over however if us hoodlums are left to are own devices we’d have total mayhem.
    Dan

16. ...So true. The moderators are the glue that holds this place together.

17. Yes, thanks mods. They get a lot of crap. I figure if you haven’t had a thread or post deleted you haven’t been here long enough, it’s a rite of passage.

18. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I checked my profile for the date I joined this group, Oct. 1,2017, and was curious as to how many active members are in Tennessee. There are 34 who have posted in 2024 out of the over 500 members listed in this state. Close to half of the 34 have posted in the last 2 months and very few are within a 2-hour drive. I joined the HAMB first and foremost for the knowledge and experience of the membership. When I was able to meet some of those members at Lloydfest 2023 who have responded to my questions over the years, it was like meeting up with old friends. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you.

19. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

As soon as you establish an internet connection & turn on your computer the Internet world has access to every bit of information pertinent to you , & you're concerned about a picture of your birthday ? My nieces husband can tell me your life history in 10 minutes ...

Bill's Auto Works and Sharpone like this.
  20. I heard that the mods get paid the big bucks to do the job here trying to keep all us hoodlums out of trouble. :rolleyes:

Actually, I know that those guys work for free to keep this place what it is and it is very appreciated. I know being a moderator here (or anywhere else for that matter) has to be one of the most thankless jobs there is. So, while we are on that topic, I want to put my huge THANK YOU to all of them. I definitely appreciate all you do and can on a very small scale sympathize of how much of a pain some of us can be to deal with at times. :D I will try to at least behave myself and make as little work as possible for you.

Sancho, Just Gary, RDR and 11 others like this.
  21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been here since about 2009, and have made it on to the "Notable Members" page, and most of my posts are useless.

Mark Twain famously popularized the saying, “There are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”

22. This thread seems to have turned into a justification of membership and activity.
    For shits and giggles i am also on the notable members list for media and albums. You are on the notable members list for volume of posts not for ''uselessness'' JW

Last edited: May 28, 2024
  23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Useless posts count the same as useful ones. :D

24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. Supermoderator @J.Ukrop just bought a mansion in my 'hood with his HAMB-money!

Young son is rolling in cash!

25. LMAO....Hate is a strong word Mark!

Just don't get more than 20 feet from one of your cars at a show, or someone might shit in one of your hub caps & bolt a set of good looking aluminum wheels on whatever you bring to the show!!! Just having some fun !!!! By the way...Just came through your area this morning....You can keep those Tornado Warnings to yourself!!!:p

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have been here for 20 years. damn that's a long time. used to be a "notable member" but have slacked off quite a bit.
    I'm # 2102. posted thousands of photos now 1/2 of them are red X's :mad: don't do much car stuff anymore other than go to shows. my 61 Dodge Dart is stuck in my shop behind my dead motorhome,, haven't driven it in 3 years.

best part about this place is show pictures and info, posted some rusty motor mounts the other day so I could figure out what they were and had an answer with pictures in about 20 minutes. can't get that anywhere else.

alanp561, Sharpone and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

My name is Ryan. I’ve been here 30 years. Old cars have never burnt me out.

Sancho, rod1, RDR and 11 others like this.
  28. Welcome Ryan !

29. Thank you for this place, it's cool. JW

30. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's an honor to be an Alliance Member, among so many creative people.